More Dread in NY - Page 2

More Dread in NY

This is a discussion on More Dread in NY within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Gun Bunny I do know what it's like. I moved to Maryland for ten years! After I had lived there awhile, I ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: More Dread in NY

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Bunny View Post
    I do know what it's like.

I moved to Maryland for ten years! After I had lived there awhile, I decided I needed to get back home, so I saved my money and finally got the heck out of there!!!
    I would love to get out and move to NH but on the other hand I would have to leave behind my father who is 82 and the rest of my family. I can't totally rule it out but it is not as easy as it looks on paper. For what it's worth my whole life is here in this crappy state.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

All those bills are probably going to pass the assembly. They always have. They used to get passed to the Senate and die. With the democrats leading the senate who knows what will happen. Wouldn't surprise me if these bills started to become law because of the power shift at the last election.

Quote Originally Posted by jbone View Post
    These people are going to criminalize me. I have always been a law abiding citizen. But I will not conform to this crap. I'll travel across state lines, to get ammo. Bury my guns, you name it. I have a feeling these will be shot down, like many other rediculous laws were last year. But you never know.
    I think more and more of us living in the People's Republic of New York are feeling this way, especially with the advent of these types of forums and the educated we're getting regarding 2nd amendment freedoms by those living in the United States.

Something has to be done to get firearms owners in NY better organized to exercise some political clout to get move this state in a positive direction with respect to 2nd amendment rights.

Quote Originally Posted by 2edgesword View Post
    I think more and more of us living in the People's Republic of New York are feeling this way, especially with the advent of these types of forums and the educated we're getting regarding 2nd amendment freedoms by those living in the United States.

Something has to be done to get firearms owners in NY better organized to exercise some political clout to get move this state in a positive direction with respect to 2nd amendment rights.
    The answer is called an election but when the people go to the polls the choices are very slim pickings in NY.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

As a former NY'r NY STATE SUCKS

I don't even live in New York and I still think it sucks

Lightbulb

Why don't one, or more of you guys, start a "Citizens Defense League". If you Google that, you can contact one of the Leagues in some of the other states to get set up.

Quote Originally Posted by rottkeeper View Post
    The answer is called an election but when the people go to the polls the choices are very slim pickings in NY.
    Unfortunately downstate NY (domain of the anti-2nd amendment looney left) has a huge sway on NYS politics so shifting the balance in the NYS legislature is a monumental task. IMHO unless something dramatic happens on the national level pro-2nd amendment forces in the state are reduced to holding actions to try and keep things from getting worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Chroode View Post
    Save yourself. Leave the place to the criminals and sheep.

Take your $$$$$$$$$$$ with you.
    They are made for each other, all those fools will get what's coming to them with higher crime rates etc...
    http://www.bloombergfightbackfund.com/
    Sig P220R/Sig P239 (9mm)/ S&W 640/ Ruger Single Six Hunter (.22LR/Mag)/ CZ 452 Varmint .22LR/ Lee Enfield No4 MK2 sporterized dated 1959/ Mosin Nagant M90-30 dated 1942/

New York and New Jersey. Jersey has great tomatoes and upper New York State is beautiful. Too bad they are the lands of the liberal looneys. I'm from New Jersey that's why I now live in Florida not ever going back.

Upstate NY is a different planet compared to NYC and Long Island. The fact that any of these laws would hit the upstate shows how poorly constructed and represented NY politics really are.

Upstate is generally farmers and country folks who vote Republican, so we end up with such a dichotomy that nothing ever gets done that can help both sides.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links