Well, Tennessee House just rejected the Senate restuarant bill... - Page 2

Well, Tennessee House just rejected the Senate restuarant bill...

This is a discussion on Well, Tennessee House just rejected the Senate restuarant bill... within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Imagine this, Speaker Williams voted to keep the ridiculous limitations... Aye=anti-gun, Nay=pro-gun HB0962 by Todd - FLOOR VOTE: NONCONCUR IN SENATE AMENDMENT# 1 4/23/2009 Failed ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Well, Tennessee House just rejected the Senate restuarant bill...

Imagine this, Speaker Williams voted to keep the ridiculous limitations...

Aye=anti-gun, Nay=pro-gun

HB0962 by Todd - FLOOR VOTE: NONCONCUR IN SENATE AMENDMENT# 1 4/23/2009
    Failed
    Ayes.............................................. .45
    Noes.............................................. .44
    Present and not voting.......................2

Representatives voting aye were: Armstrong, Barker, Bass, Borchert, Brooks H, Brown, Casada, Coley, Curtiss, Eldridge, Favors, Ferguson, Fincher, Ford, Fraley, Hackworth, Hardaway, Harmon, Harrison, Haynes, Litz, Lollar, Maddox, Maggart, McCord, McCormick, McDaniel, McDonald, McManus, Montgomery, Mumpower, Odom, Pitts, Pruitt, Ramsey, Sargent, Shepard, Shipley, Sontany, Tidwell, Tindell, Turner M, Watson, Yokley, Mr. Speaker Williams -- 45.

Representatives voting no were: Bell, Bone, Brooks K, Camper, Campfield, Carr, Cobb C, Cobb T, Dean, DeBerry L, Dennis, Dunn, Evans, Faulkner, Fitzhugh, Floyd, Halford, Harwell, Hawk, Hensley, Hill, Johnson C, Johnson P, Jones S, Jones U, Kelsey, Kernell, Lundberg, Lynn, Matlock, Miller, Moore, Naifeh, Niceley, Rich, Richardson, Shaw, Stewart, Swafford, Towns, Turner L, Weaver, Windle, Winningham -- 44.

Representatives present and not voting were: Cobb J, Coleman -- 2.

Thanks, Tangle!
    I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth.--Steve McQueen

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Overtaker View Post
    Imagine this, Speaker Williams voted to keep the ridiculous limitations...

Aye=anti-gun, Nay=pro-gun

HB0962 by Todd - FLOOR VOTE: NONCONCUR IN SENATE AMENDMENT# 1 4/23/2009
    Failed
    Ayes.............................................. .45
    Noes.............................................. .44
    Present and not voting.......................2

Representatives voting aye were: Armstrong, Barker, Bass, Borchert, Brooks H, Brown, Casada, Coley, Curtiss, Eldridge, Favors, Ferguson, Fincher, Ford, Fraley, Hackworth, Hardaway, Harmon, Harrison, Haynes, Litz, Lollar, Maddox, Maggart, McCord, McCormick, McDaniel, McDonald, McManus, Montgomery, Mumpower, Odom, Pitts, Pruitt, Ramsey, Sargent, Shepard, Shipley, Sontany, Tidwell, Tindell, Turner M, Watson, Yokley, Mr. Speaker Williams -- 45.

Representatives voting no were: Bell, Bone, Brooks K, Camper, Campfield, Carr, Cobb C, Cobb T, Dean, DeBerry L, Dennis, Dunn, Evans, Faulkner, Fitzhugh, Floyd, Halford, Harwell, Hawk, Hensley, Hill, Johnson C, Johnson P, Jones S, Jones U, Kelsey, Kernell, Lundberg, Lynn, Matlock, Miller, Moore, Naifeh, Niceley, Rich, Richardson, Shaw, Stewart, Swafford, Towns, Turner L, Weaver, Windle, Winningham -- 44.

Representatives present and not voting were: Cobb J, Coleman -- 2.
    Yep, my 'guy' - McCormick voted aye; I'm sure glad to see that.

But, we need to be contacting reps!
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Tangle View Post
    Yep, my 'guy' - McCormick voted aye; I'm sure glad to see that.

But, we need to be contacting reps!
    I don't think the 'aye' vote was a good thing.
    I've been watching this as a neighbor to the south. I hope some of my TN friends can clear something up for me---1. The sponsor of the bill, Rep. Todd, is not listed in the vote of non-concurrance. 2. Jimmy Neifeh voted to concur with the Senate version--this scares me. 3. Has the Governor made any public statements about how he is leaning on this bill? Does the Speaker Emeritus know if the Senate version went to the Gov, he would veto it?

Please let me know your thoughts

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spydad View Post
    I don't think the 'aye' vote was a good thing.
    I've been watching this as a neighbor to the south. I hope some of my TN friends can clear something up for me---1. The sponsor of the bill, Rep. Todd, is not listed in the vote of non-concurrance. 2. Jimmy Neifeh voted to concur with the Senate version--this scares me. 3. Has the Governor made any public statements about how he is leaning on this bill? Does the Speaker Emeritus know if the Senate version went to the Gov, he would veto it?

Please let me know your thoughts
    Governor Bredesen has made no comments on the gun bills one way or another. One good thing for Tennesseans in this case (and for those of other states too) is that legislative overrides of vetoes only require a simple majority in both chambers, not two-thirds. I have heard one who knows well say he suspects the conference committee will keep the age-restricted-venue provision and strip out the curfew, and that such will likely pass both chambers with veto-proof majorities.

Mr. Naifeh is, we hope, playing out a losing hand to the bitter end in hopes that something unexpected will happen to turn the tide....
    If the public are bound to yield obedience to laws to which they cannot give their approbation, they are slaves to those who make such laws and enforce them.--Samuel Adams as Candidus, Boston Gazette 20 Jan. 1772

Veteran--USA FA
    NRA Benefactor Life
    Tennessee Firearms Association Life

I read in the paper that the problem was because they couldn't agree whether to make it ok to carry in all parks or to make up to each county, and local PD, not just in parks but only in certain areas of the parks too....what a stupid thing to try to add, imagine being able to keep track of all of that,what would they do, paint lines in the grass ?

I have to congratulate myself for writing the longest run-on sentence in history !

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by PNUT View Post
    ...I have to congratulate myself for writing the longest run-on sentence in history !
    As they say, "It's the thought that counts.", and you are certainly right about the confusion that would result from all the local abuse.

But are we confusing two bills here? I don't think the restuarant bill has anything to do with the parks bill????
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

The parks bill is SB1518--back in front of Sen Judiciary Comm tomorrow afternoon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links