Anyone else heard about this?

This is a discussion on Anyone else heard about this? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; posted on another forum that I am a member of: Quest for Fair Trial in Concord, NH Wednesday, April 22, 2009 Follow-up Warning: Obama has ...

Thread: Anyone else heard about this?

posted on another forum that I am a member of:

Quest for Fair Trial in Concord, NH
    Wednesday, April 22, 2009
    Follow-up Warning: Obama has ramped up the registration to confiscation step..
    Be warned - - Obama has started!!!!

Are we (Americans) ready for this?

The big hush hush is to not only take away our missile defenses but Obama is going to disarm the public as well. He is starting with the military and then the public. The country will then be totally defenseless. This really needs some deep thought and resolve on everyone's part if we are going to remain a Free People. It is going to take the collective effort of every American who has a desire for LIBERTY without reservation. Here is what has just been ordered...

FORWARDED AS RECEIVED . . . .

Subject: Register Guns

ALL ACTIVE DUTY MEMBERS HEADS UP!!!!

Gentlemen,

I am an 11B currently assigned at Fort Campbell. I live off post, with my firearms(which I don't bring on post for any reason). A very frightening thing happened at work yesterday. I was ordered to fill out a list containing my firearm information. This included make, model, caliber, and serial number of all firearms I currently posses. In addition, I was also required to list registration information, location of all weapons individually, and information regarding any CCW permits I posses. If you are like me, then the people you work with know you have firearms. So I had to list at least some. I tried to talk to my 1sg (who is normally aproachable through proper channels) to find out what this is for, and I was basically told, "I don't give a !&@%, just put your info on the form." I don't know how high this goes, but I am hearing that this is going on in other units at Fort Campbell as well. It just seems a little coincidental to me that within 90 days: the most anti-firearm President in history is inaugurated, some of the nastiest anti-firearm laws are put on the table in Washington, and then the Army comes around wanting what amounts to a registration on all firearms, even if they are off post, and doesn't provide any reason or purpose as to why. I fear something really nasty is blowing in the wind here. I have been in almost 8 years, and never have any of my units asked for this information. If any of you out there have any info as to what all this crap is about please chime in. Otherwise consider yourself warned. I have already posted this on every other firearm forum I am a member of to get the word out.
    Sig P250c 9mm
    Bersa Thunder .380
    Kershaw Leek

Hopefully soon, RAA Saiga .223 and a Sig 1911 .45

VIP Member
    This was posted once before. It turned out there was no official memorandum requiring it. A company level officer came up with it on his own and over stepped his authority to request the information.

BTW the military cannot require you to disclose the information as long as the weapons remain off base.
    Last edited by archer51; April 24th, 2009 at 07:01 PM. Reason: added info

So much for (some) soldiers not stepping on others' civil rights. Before anyone says anything about signing the contract - his firearms are offbase.

This sounds scary. hope you can find the source of this crap. It's likely some anti 90 day wonder up the line asserting his authority .

Sponsored Links