MSNBC: Obama backs off AWB - Page 2

MSNBC: Obama backs off AWB

This is a discussion on MSNBC: Obama backs off AWB within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by HotGuns "Apocalypse" ? Not hardly. While I don't doubt that it is coming, it is not here yet. As long as you ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    "Apocalypse" ? Not hardly.
    While I don't doubt that it is coming, it is not here yet.

As long as you can go to Walmart and buy groceries, it ain't an apocalypse.
    well.......Have you noticed how Walmarts aisles are getting wider and wider? Atleast the ones around here are. Also less rows.

As the others have already said, I'm NOT believing that the ASB is DOA for one second. For the time being I prefer to think it's more "comatose" than anything else. Once the Obama administration thinks we are not paying attention they'll try to bring the ASB back again.

Obama has his mindset on passing this ASB one way or another. He'll try and find some way or another to pass some version of this bill. We need to be on the lookout for future incarnations of the bill.
    "Gun control is being able to hit your target."
    Glock 26

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DOGOFWAR01 View Post
    HotGuns: your post above as with all your posts, I read by you, is/are on target. Thank you.
    Don't feed the ego. He's already getting so big we hardly have room for him here.
    "Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

Who is John Galt?

Be sure to do their little vote!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsetrader View Post
    When I was a lad my father took me to the carnival. There was a guy there doing sleight of hand tricks. Another boy was standing off to the side and apparently was quick and observant because he kept "announcing" to the crowd where the coin or ball really was. It irritated the "performer" finally and he came over to the youngster and said "Get away from me , boy, you are ruining my work."

Kind of reminds me of what the politicians are "working" right now. It is all sleight of hand and mis-direction. If there is anything to know for sure, it is when the media says "look over here".....you better look over THERE instead !

Excellent post, you are very correct, and it applies to a lot of stuff that comes out of Congress. Apathetic citizens are easily fooled by sleight of hand.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by jframe38 View Post
    Jeez I guess now that they say they don't intend to go after the weapons I'll vote for Obama in 2012. That's when I predict they will go after our guns, during his second term.

Lets hope he doesn't get a shot at a second term in office!
    NRA LIFE MEMBER

GLOCK 23..........Beretta 96..........Mossberg 500A..........Winchester 30-30..........S&W M&P

I'd rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6!

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    "Apocalypse" ? Not hardly.
    While I don't doubt that it is coming, it is not here yet.

As long as you can go to Walmart and buy groceries, it ain't an apocalypse.
    Tell that to the 3/4 MILLION that lost their job last month... and this month is expected to be at lest 0.6 Million... those numbers mean something... and I expect more "tea parties" and similar forms of protest.
    http://www.bloombergfightbackfund.com/
    Sig P220R/Sig P239 (9mm)/ S&W 640/ Ruger Single Six Hunter (.22LR/Mag)/ CZ 452 Varmint .22LR/ Lee Enfield No4 MK2 sporterized dated 1959/ Mosin Nagant M90-30 dated 1942/

Senior Moderator
    Tell that to the 3/4 MILLION that lost their job last month... and this month is expected to be at lest 0.6 Million... those numbers mean something... and I expect more "tea parties" and similar forms of protest.
    Not an Apocalypse. Not by a long shot.

Of course they mean something...ecpecially to those that lost their jobs.

The other day I heard what the difference was between a recession and a depression.
    A recession is when your buddy loses his job.
    A depression is when you lose yours.

I have this gut feeling that we haven't since the worst of it yet. I sincerely hope that I am wrong.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

International law, treaties, and passing the buck

I agree that the Democrats are certainly not stupid. They got Obama elected to the Presidency of the USA. They know it would be political suicide, in most states anyway, to pass the AWB. Their anti-gun talk is postering for their liberal constituency. They need that voter base to get re-elected so they got to talk what the constituency wants to hear.

BUT, they can pass the buck and probably will try to. If they can get an international treaty with an AWB in it somewhere, then they can and will say something like : "We never took your guns, look its international treaty and law, jeez sorry, wish we could help, but guess you wll have you give up your guns, sorry".

I do not know if there would be enough votes in Congress right now to get such a treaty ratified, but we must be vigilant all the time regardless.

I think a bigger danger might come down the road in a few years if the Obama gets to appoint new SCOTUS justices. You know damn well they won't be pro-gun. Also I think he will wait until a second term, if he gets re-elected, to really push his anti-gun agenda. I don't think he will risk the anger and loss of votes by doing anything in his first term. He could campaign on the fact he did not ban anything in his first term. Some gun owners would buy it and it would get him votes.

Time will tell.

Thanks

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    Curently with all the really important issues at hand Obama knows he would look like more of an idiot if he concentrated on more gun control. I'm sure he's just waiting for the right moment politically to pounce.
    Also in spite of media censorship, the truth of the guns being used in the mexican drug wars is coming to light. Obama is claiming that 90% of the guns come from America, what he isn't saying is that the vast majority were legally sold to the Mexican government, army and police and these are the ones falling into the traffikers hands. Technically the did come from America, just not the way he implies. As usual corruption reigns supreme in Mexico.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    Let's hope this article is true and they drop AWB talk. I think we as are firearms community are doing a pretty good job at letting our leaders know how we feel.

Many seem afraid that they will be squashed in the next election if they even think about gun control.

MSNBC: Obama backs off AWB

It does not matter what that crap-weasel in the White House says, in his perfect world, he rules over unarmed serfs. In our hearts, we all know this, and we know the clock is ticking.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Sure, he did. I doubt it.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Everyone keeps worrying about the AWB more than anything else. The AWB idea was dead before it even got off the ground. What we really need to worry about now is all of the little bits of gun control here and there. It's these little control bills that are the biggest threat as they generally will pass.

It's things like the Obamarama Team trying to get rid of the Tiahart Amendment. They've shown a complete disregard for the facts. The data can be and is shared with law enforcement, but what does Holder say? "This amendment keeps data from being shared with law enforcement" .... ........ Good God.

They take even one inch of ground and they've gained a mile. Give them nothing, not even an inch.
    Do whatever floats your boat, but don't dare to try and sink mine.

Quote Originally Posted by nutz4utwo View Post
    Let's hope this article is true and they drop AWB talk. I think we as are firearms community are doing a pretty good job at letting our leaders know how we feel.

Many seem afraid that they will be squashed in the next election if they even think about gun control.
    We need to NOT let our guard down.....AT ALL!
    NRA LIFE MEMBER

GLOCK 23..........Beretta 96..........Mossberg 500A..........Winchester 30-30..........S&W M&P

I'd rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links