Additional thoughts on the UN and world-wide Gun Control

This is a discussion on Additional thoughts on the UN and world-wide Gun Control within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I read the previous thread on the UN and world-wide gun control with great interest. THEN, I finished reading a great military sci-fi book and ...

Thread: Additional thoughts on the UN and world-wide Gun Control

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar

I read the previous thread on the UN and world-wide gun control with great interest. THEN, I finished reading a great military sci-fi book and the authors, (both Vets) had a great "Afterword" that touched on this subject, and I wanted to quote a few lines which I think, shed great light on this whole issue. The book, by-the-way is Yellow Eyes by John Ringo and Tom Kratman

"Unfortunately, the West itself has largely fallen under the control of civilizations Dr. Kevorkians, some call them 'Tranzis'....'Tranzi' is short for Transnational Progressive. For a more complete account of their program, look up John O'sullivan's Gulliver's Travails....one of the difficult things about analyzing Tranzis and their works is that they are NOT a conspiracy. What they are is a consensus. Don't be contemptuous; civilization is nothing more than a consesnsus...moreover, the Tranzis are a fairly cohesive consesnsus, espicially on certain ultimate core issues..... at the highest level, the ultimate Tranzi goal, there is complete agreement. (bold added) They want to end national sovereignty and they want global governance by an unelected, self-chosen 'elite. Much of what they say and do will make no sense, even in Tranzi terms, unless that [ultimate goal] is borne in mind...the Tranzis claim that Tranzi courts, to include notionally national Tranzi courts like those of Spain, have universal jurisdiction....Their goal is the destruction of national sovereignty. The right of a people to democratically make their own laws, to govern themselves, is anathema to Tranzi goals and dreams. When they say 'Global Governance,' boys and girls, they MEAN IT. They really intend that unelected bureaucrats and judges, and self-elected elites ought to be able to tell you what to do, how to live, what to pay in taxes, what rights you are not entitled to."

I think that this gives a very telling insight into the philosphical foundations of the whole idea of the UN trying to dis-arm individual people and ultimately their governemnts and thus our right to fight for our freedom. For those of you so inclined, the late Dr. Francis Schaeffer spoke to this movement in his book "How Should We then Live: The rise and fall of Western Civilization" and he wrote this book (if my memory serves me correctly, back in the late 70's/early 80's.

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    I have no use or the U.N. and this country should have no use for the U.N. The U.N. is a disease upon this country and we need to cut it out like a skilled surgeon would cut a tumor from the body.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

Senior Moderator
    The U.N. is the most anti-American organization in existence.

Of course it wants a one world government where only IT has the say and the power over anything and everything.

The problem is, our elected officials are giving the U.N. more freedom to decide at the expense of our own good as a country. We have a president and an administration that worships the U.N. and will willing give away certain powers that are not his to give away...all in the name of progress of course.

Those that say the U.N. is powerless to enforce or actually do anything are sticking their heads in the sand.Its not the U.N. screwing us, it our own people screwing us by giving up authority to the U.N.

In my opinion,ceding any authority to the U.N. is treason.

Until we arrest them and hang them it will never cease and it will continue until we are no more.

But hey...I'm simple like that.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

VIP Member
    I would prefer if we would send them packing to Geneva and not give them another dime, then maintain only a seat on the Security Council to veto whatever silliness they espouse.
    If the public are bound to yield obedience to laws to which they cannot give their approbation, they are slaves to those who make such laws and enforce them.--Samuel Adams as Candidus, Boston Gazette 20 Jan. 1772

Veteran--USA FA
    NRA Benefactor Life
    Tennessee Firearms Association Life

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    In my opinion,ceding any authority to the U.N. is treason.

Until we arrest them and hang them it will never cease and it will continue until we are no more.

But hey...I'm simple like that.
    Bingo!

I'll join you in being simple.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Me thinks that there may be a bunch of 'simpletons' around here......take a number, I got mine.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    The UN, NATO, and most global organizations all started with the best of intentions, and we know what the road to hell is paved with. So needless to say these groups now are just like every other dictator, they want more power. So sooner the world, not just the USA realizes this the better.
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

Sponsored Links