NY Legislation passed - Page 2

NY Legislation passed

This is a discussion on NY Legislation passed within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Hum, just read the legislation; seems a civil war era rifle that fires .50 cal minballs would be prohibited under the legislation as worded...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NY Legislation passed

Hum, just read the legislation; seems a civil war era rifle that fires .50 cal minballs would be prohibited under the legislation as worded

Is it any wonder that this bklynboy now lives in Virginia :-)

Just think (ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK)

At this point I am hoping that someone with deep pockets will take these bozo's to court over this.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

As soon as my kids are out of school, Arizona, or Colorado, maybe Texas.
    "You don't have a soul, you are a soul. You have a body." CS Lewis

S&W .41 Mag - Colt DS - Ruger Single Six - Ruger Security Six - Buckmark-Beretta 21A - S&W 351PD 22 Mag- Spfld XD 9mm -- Plenty Of Long Guns--- Dry Powder and RCBS.

Quote Originally Posted by Cupcake View Post
    No words...
    I have some, but the Mods would slap me for using them.

This is a bunch of crap they are trying to disguise as safety and crime reduction.

I heard it said, and I think it was here, gun control is not about guns; its about control.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Don't forget, it still needs to be passed by the NY State Senate as well. As of now this appears unlikely, but I urge all fellow NY State residents to write to their state senators.

If you are not sure who your NY State Senator is, you can search by zip code, here:

http://www.senate.state.ny.us/sdlook...earch?OpenForm

Make your voice heard and contact them!
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by JonInNY View Post
    Don't forget, it still needs to be passed by the NY State Senate as well. As of now this appears unlikely, but I urge all fellow NY State residents to write to their state senators.

If you are not sure who your NY State Senator is, you can search by zip code, here:

http://www.senate.state.ny.us/sdlook...earch?OpenForm

Make your voice heard and contact them!
    I know it still has another hurdle, I looked last night and Tonko and Amidore voted no on the issue for the assemble. The senate needs to here from upstate New Yorkers, some of the bills are unconstitutional to begin with.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

New York is an example of what can happen in other states where firearms owners are not vigilant. At best firearms owners in NY have been reduced to conduct a holding action to prevent the anti-2nd amendment legislation that is proposed every year from being passed by the state senate. My state legislator won't even respond to the e-mail I send to him regarding firearms issues and votes to pass every new piece of trash firearms legislation that's presented each year.

C'mon fellow NYers....... write your senate rep and tell them the danger of this bill.....

NY is what it is...... and if I didn't own a beautiful country piece of 140 acres of the place I'd be gone in a second...... but sadly in this economy I won't get anywhere near what the place is worth......

So my license might have to renewed in 5 years..... OK I'll deal with that..... I don't own anything .50 caliber, I don't own any long guns at all.....so that won't make me move out if this gets passed......

It is a bad sign in stomping the 2a into oblivion......but lets see if it gets passed.

Quote Originally Posted by fatcat View Post
    C'mon fellow NYers....... write your senate rep and tell them the danger of this bill.....

NY is what it is...... and if I didn't own a beautiful country piece of 140 acres of the place I'd be gone in a second...... but sadly in this economy I won't get anywhere near what the place is worth......

So my license might have to renewed in 5 years..... OK I'll deal with that..... I don't own anything .50 caliber, I don't own any long guns at all.....so that won't make me move out if this gets passed......

It is a bad sign in stomping the 2a into oblivion......but lets see if it gets passed.
    It may not affect you now but when they shove this down our throats it will only be a small piece of the poison pie they are feeding us. Rights are lost one step at a time until we have none, so allowing this to go by will only serve to hurt us the next time around. We need to get people to understand and vote these people out of office ASAP.

NRA Member

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rottkeeper View Post
    It may not affect you now but when they shove this down our throats it will only be a small piece of the poison pie they are feeding us. Rights are lost one step at a time until we have none, so allowing this to go by will only serve to hurt us the next time around. We need to get people to understand and vote these people out of office ASAP.
    +1! This is the divisiveness the anti's have exploited to get us to this point. If we don't stand together, it won't be long until the lowly BB gun is outlawed - then knives. Read about the plight of British citizens and then say "I don't own that so it doesn't matter to me."
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by rottkeeper View Post
    Yep...when they've been successful at banning the .50, they'll turn their beady little eyes to the 30-06 or the 44Magnum...Who would ever need such a huge gun like that ...

Baby steps folks. All they're doing is baby steps and hoping no one notices. If they're successful, they'll starting moving at full leaps and bounds eventually.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post
    Yep...when they've been successful at banning the .50, they'll turn their beady little eyes to the 30-06 or the 44Magnum...Who would ever need such a huge gun like that ...

Baby steps folks. All they're doing is baby steps and hoping no one notices. If they're successful, they'll starting moving at full leaps and bounds eventually.
    Exactly, that's why they word things like this...

PURPOSE OR GENERAL IDEA OF BILL : This bill would replace the
    definition of an "assault weapon" with a new definition that relies on
    the characteristics of the weapon and includes definitions of assault
    weapon devices that are designed to enhance the lethality of these
    weapons. In addition, the bill would exempt persons in lawful
    possession, control or use of an assault weapon from misdemeanor
    violations if they: render the weapon permanently inoperable,
    surrender the weapon or register the weapon with the ballistic
    databank, defined in section 396-ff of the general business law.

Then all they have to do is ''redefine'' what it is they want to rid us of next.

Also how much have you found on this in the news? The media doesn't want you aware.

NRA Member

I may be wrong,but didn't Brigham Young try to live in NY,
    and they ran his but out of there,All the way to Utah,speaking of which,there is no ban on 50 cal or for that fact,they have fully automatic stuff out there,Mule deer just stroll across the roads leading to the various gun clubs out there.I wonder what would happen if some mule deer wound up in central park.
    Last edited by Bronco Bob; April 30th, 2009 at 11:45 PM. Reason: puntuation mark

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links