NY Legislation passed - Page 3

NY Legislation passed

This is a discussion on NY Legislation passed within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Bronco Bob I may be wrong,but didn't Brigham Young try to live in NY, and they ran his but out of there,All ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NY Legislation passed

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco Bob View Post
    I may be wrong,but didn't Brigham Young try to live in NY,
    and they ran his but out of there,All the way to Utah,speaking of which,there is no ban on 50 cal or for that fact,they have fully automatic stuff out there,Mule deer just stroll across the roads leading to the various gun clubs out there.I wonder what would happen if some mule deer wound up in central park.
    He was born in Massachusetts but moved to Port Byron NY for a while then to Oswego.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by rottkeeper View Post
    It may not affect you now but when they shove this down our throats it will only be a small piece of the poison pie they are feeding us. Rights are lost one step at a time until we have none, so allowing this to go by will only serve to hurt us the next time around. We need to get people to understand and vote these people out of office ASAP.
    Oh I didn't say I would stand by and watch it happen. My local reps will be hearing from me on the issue as I will be urging a NO vote to them.

As others have said, these are baby steps, but steps nonetheless.

Does anyone else find it odd that the only "Criminal" part of these bills is the Law Abiding Citizen?

There is not ONE WORD in any of these Bills about making the REAL BAD GUYS pay a higher price for the ILLEGAL use of a firearm.

I wonder why that is? maybe this IS about control............of the people.

If things get worse, I will have to transfer my firearms to my IN-LAWS in another state
    HAPPY NEW YEAR
    INFIDELS

Remind me to never move to New York. Those laws appear to me to be in violation of certain civil liberties. Gun-shy politicians make me sick to my stomach.

One of the recent bills passed by the legislature and pending passage by the state senate is a bill that allows the state to confiscate 50 caliber weapons from individuals that lawfully and legally purchased these weapons. Compensation to those individuals will be "fair market value" with no indication of how that is to be determined.

I don't own a 50 caliber weapon BUT past history shows that the legislature if successful in their attempt to confiscate these legally owned firearms will NOT stop there. Given the number of NYS firearms owners that belong to the NRA and NYSRPA I don't think many of the them "get it".

I spoke to a co-worker that is a NYS pistol license holder this week. He can tell you everything there is no know about the mechanics of the pistols and rifles he owns but didn't have a clue as to the legislation being proposed this year and the looming threats to our 2nd amendment rights. After filling him in on some of the draconian measures being proposed I gave him the url for the NYSRPA and said "you need to sign up" which he did, which means he'll get the newsletters and legislative alerts that will help keep him informed and hopefully fire him up to join the fight against the push to disarm law abiding citizens.

NY is one of those states at the far left of the spectrum. The Heller decision was a help (prevents the total banning for privately owned firearms) but the NYS legislature is going to push and push and push to see just how far they can take the gun grabbing before a major lawsuit forces them to stop. Until then firearms owners in the state need to do a better job of educating the general public (at least those that will listen) and our brother firearms owners that are clueless about the importance of the 2nd amendment and the threat it faces in this state.

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    Does that legislation include the S&W 500 and Desert Eagle .50 AE, or just the .50 BMG rifles?
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

Quote Originally Posted by SubNine View Post
    Does that legislation include the S&W 500 and Desert Eagle .50 AE, or just the .50 BMG rifles?
    It only specifies .50 caliber as far as I can tell. Which is very broad and can include black powder guns.

2edgesword hit it right one the head. I am a member of a 100 member gun/hunting club and the only thing they seem to be worried about is the raising of the prices of hunting and fishing licenses. Even though it is a requirement to be an NRA member to join the club. I have started to send mass emails to the members list to get people moving. Hopefully these bills have no chance. I for one though am not taking any chances and have already written my State Senator and urge all of us NY'ers to do the same.
    S&W M&P 340--HK P2000 V2 40SW--HK P2000SK V2 40SW--Beretta 92 INOX Vertec--SIG P220 45ACP

Phil 1:6

My favorite part:

The New York state legislature finds that
    semi-automatic assault weapons are military-style guns designed to
    allow rapid and accurate spray firing for the quick and efficient
    killing of humans.

Accurate spray firing?
    Really?
    GUN CONTROL IS USING BOTH HANDS

I believe its a shoulder thing that goes up - Carolyn McCarthy (D)

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says go away in every language.
    -Clint Smith

Quote Originally Posted by bal_g23 View Post
    My favorite part:

The New York state legislature finds that
    semi-automatic assault weapons are military-style guns designed to
    allow rapid and accurate spray firing for the quick and efficient
    killing of humans.

Accurate spray firing?
    Really?
    Well that should work in our favor then right? I mean, if we're going by the legislature's definitions, we should all be perfectly safe. Their definition cancels itself out. Accurate and "spray" fire....
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

I am so glad I don't live there anymore. But I hope that this is challenged for NYers sake.
    NRA, GOA, GRNC member
    "Both the oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms."
    - Aristotle

Distinguished Member
    Another avenue to look at might be contacting gun manufacturing and importing companies and getting them to threaten to move out of NY to another state unless all of the BS gun laws come to a halt.

I have looked at buying a Henry Rifle, but I always find myself putting my billfold back in my pocket after looking at the "made in NY" stamped on them.

With the high unemployment rates in the country, if I was the CEO of Henry, I would have some radio, newspaper, and TV ads promising to move ALL the jobs to another state unless things change. Most states would be more than happy to offer tax incentives and other perks to get new manufacturing jobs to their home states.

I wish other companies like Glock, S&W, ect, would just FLAT refuse to do any business with NY, not send parts or ship guns or ammo, just cold turkey. No 22lr, no 12ga, no nothing, til enough people started to scream.

Z
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

GMS
    That might not be a bad idea. Just have to be carefull that these types of 'cold turkey' measures are limited to one or two states; repeated only a couple of times. Start doing this too much, and the anti's will have a new method that only involves the threat of restriction and not actually having to force a new law through government channels.

This is what NY wants. Get rid of the manufacturers and keep going on to the weapons.
    One more step and it's on!

I just saw on the news the other day that NYC is down in gun violence-but knifings are up 50%. Think that's next?
    Expecting a carjacker or rapist or drug pusher to care that his possession or use of a gun is unlawful is like expecting a terrorist to care that his car bomb is taking up two parking spaces.-Joseph T. Chew

Quote Originally Posted by SleepingZ View Post
    I have looked at buying a Henry Rifle, but I always find myself putting my billfold back in my pocket after looking at the "made in NY" stamped on them.
    For the life of me, I can't understand why so many gun manufacturers stay in Anti states:

Henry - Brooklyn NY (and Bayonne NJ)
    Springfield Armory - Geneseo IL
    Kahr - Worcester MA
    Kimber - Yonkers NY
    RRA - Colona IL
    S&W - Springfield MA
    Ruger - Southport CT
    Colt - Hartford CT
    Beretta USA - Accoceek MD

...and so on.
    Clinging to guns and God in PA...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast