Gun Show Nation

This is a discussion on Gun Show Nation within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Here's a video report from Max Blumenthal, an internet journalist, entitled "Gun Show Nation." He basically went to gun shows and interviewed any and every ...

Thread: Gun Show Nation

Exclamation Gun Show Nation

Here's a video report from Max Blumenthal, an internet journalist, entitled "Gun Show Nation." He basically went to gun shows and interviewed any and every nutcase who would talk to him along with vendors all to happy to brag about circumventing gun control regulations.

Max Blumenthal - Gun Show Nation

Now, I don't post this because I intend to debate the validity of FEMA deathcamps, an Obama totalitarian regime, or civil uprising. There are other places to do that and honestly, such theories do not interest me. What does, however interest me about this is how dangerous the people interviewed are--NOT to the government, liberals, or President Obama but to themselves (i.e. firearm owners and enthusiasts).

If the Second Amendment cause in this country becomes personified by perceived nutcases, the battle will be over. Soccer-moms and political moderates will vote for increased regulations every time. As a movement, those of us who value our Second Amendment rights need to be very aware of the image we portray. I would urge any of you who value your rights to THINK before you speak to any non-firearm owners and especially in front of any cameras. Be mindful that your words may be twisted or taken out of context. Stick to issues which moderates are more likely to agree, such as: the right of women and the disabled for realistic self-defense, the increased crime in areas of strict gun regulation, the use of firearms for hunting, and so on and so forth. We could easily become our own worst enemies here...

2. Remove Ads

If the media interviews 100 people and only airs the views of 5 of those people, you can be sure the nut cases will be the ones that get the airtime. I do agree with your thought but the those same people who have a right to arms also has the right to free speech and it takes a person of reasonable intelligence to know who they are listening to. Like the saying goes, it's better to be criticized by a wise man than to be praised by a fool.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

I agree with you on this. We always need to be very careful in how we carry ourselves. But like rottkeeper said...they will always use the nutcases amongst us to put us into a bad light. Thanks for posting the video.
    S&W M&P 340--HK P2000 V2 40SW--HK P2000SK V2 40SW--Beretta 92 INOX Vertec--SIG P220 45ACP

Phil 1:6

the last gun show i went to had a bunch of "nut cases". all so did not have many guns for sale. lots of knifes and beef jerkly, and stuff for the "rambo" group. sad day for a gun show and a wast of money to get in.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

I went to my last gun show about 4-5 years ago...never again!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Moderator
    What does, however interest me about this is how dangerous the people interviewed are--NOT to the government, liberals, or President Obama but to themselves (i.e. firearm owners and enthusiasts).

You determined that they were dangerous to themselves because an anti-gun journalist painted a not so flattering picture of people at gun shows?

It doesn't matter to me what the news media thinks. The news media is anti-gun. They will lie, distort the truth and make up fabrications to push their agenda.
    They have a goal and they will stop at nothing to achieve that goal.

I know that the larger majority of people that own and use guns are not a threat to anyone that does not try to do them harm, but thats not a newsworthy fact is it? No, they would rather have the sheeple believing that we are all whack jobs waiting for the collapse of government and that we are really the fringe element rather than the majority.

You said it yuorself...
    If the Second Amendment cause in this country becomes personified by perceived nutcases, the battle will be over.
    That is exactly what they want to portray and make believable. Its called propaganda and it makes the battle easier.

We could easily become our own worst enemies here...
    It seems to be working on some people.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

We all pick the fringe to make our arguments. They pick the nutcases with guns. We pick the nutcases without guns. Ignored are the vast majority, pro and con, who make rational, but unsensational, arguments.

The battle for responsible gun ownership has long been an uphill battle, and will continue to be. But with gun sales running at rates of 1.2-1.5 million per month, it will be difficult for the anti's, too.

Yes, the fringe hurts our case for responsible gun ownership, but the fringe of every group hurts their case. It just means we have to be that much more committed to fighting for our natural rights and defending the Constitution, and using the anti's fringe against them, too.
    - Tom
    You have the power to donate life.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I went to my last gun show about 4-5 years ago...never again!
    Why if I may ask?

There were definitely some vendors I wouldn't buy from at the show but overall, the quantity and prices were much better than I can find at the local pawn / gun shops.

Links