Texas Trouble-Help needed

This is a discussion on Texas Trouble-Help needed within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Campus carry bills on are on the verge of death in committees in Texas. Immediate calls are needed if you are a Texas resident. These ...

Campus carry bills on are on the verge of death in committees in Texas. Immediate calls are needed if you are a Texas resident. These started quickly and looked good with a lot of sponsors then apathy set in. The Brady bunch has descended on them and campus carry is nearly dead...the people to call are listed below...Robert Duncan (R-Lubbock, allegedly A rated) is probably the most important. The calls must be polite. Ask that the bills be allowed to go to the floor for a vote and not killed in committee.

Calls Wed are a must...

House Calendars Committee
    Chair: Rep. Brian McCall (512) 463-0594
    Vice Chair: Rep. Eddie Lucio III (512) 463-0606
    Members:
    Rep. Norma Chavez (512) 463-0622
    Rep. Garnet Coleman (512) 463-0524
    Rep. Byron Cook (512) 463-0730
    Rep. Brandon Creighton (512) 463-0726
    Rep. Charlie Geren (512) 463-0610
    Rep. Jim Keffer 0656
    Rep. Lois W. Kolkhorst (512) 463-0600
    Rep. Edmund Kuempel (512) 463-0602
    Rep. Jim McReynolds (512) 463-0490
    Rep. Allan Ritter (512) 463-0706
    Rep. Burt R. Solomons (512) 463-0478

Senate State Affairs Committee
    Chair: Sen. Robert Duncan (512) 463-0128
    Vice Chair: Sen. Bob Deuell (512) 463-0102 (Just tell Sen Deuell THANKS for his strong support!)
    Members:
    Sen. John Carona (512) 463-0116
    Sen. Rodney Ellis (512) 463-0113
    Sen. Troy Fraser (512) 463-0124
    Sen. Chris Harris (512) 463-0109
    Sen. Mike Jackson (512) 463-0111
    Sen. Eddie Lucio, Jr. (512) 463-0127
    Sen. Leticia Van de Putte (512) 463-0126

VIP Member
    Thanks for your work. The phone numbers and names makes it easy for others to call about this important issue.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Made some calls. We'll see how it turns out and whom to vote for when reelection comes.

Thanks for the information.

Campus carry is pretty much dead. It would take a miracle.

A major failure in Texas, totally no excuse for this. The Texas 2nd A community has had its lunch handed to them by the Brady Bunch and their crap. The sad part is that much of the gun owning community and a larger portion of the CHL community doesn't even know it. Apathy kills.

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    Sorry to say, the 2A community just didn't fight hard enough for this one, we have some very lax gun laws as it is, so they just didn't see this as a needed bill and didn't put the heart into it. I'm not sorry to say, it wasn't high on my agenda either to tell you the truth. I'm gearing up for the other fights that will come to ensure we don't loose ground on our other laws that we have had passed.

I agree before it's said, let a campus shooting happen here and they'll revisit it in a heartbeat.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

As Yogi said: "It ain't over until it's over."

The Campus Carry Bill issue was heard and voted on it the Senate TODAY.

Late May is "Do or die time" for Texas changes!!!

--------------------------------------------------

Calendars Committe Chairman Brian McCall may greatly influence what happens - or not - with two major pieces of Texas Legislation this session. As this is written (late evening, May 19), it appears we need all Texans here to light 'em up in Austin before time runs out on the Parking Lot and Campus Carry bills.

To stay as current as practical on these two very dynamic issues, PLEASE follow the applicable threads and CALLS FOR ACTION at "2009 Texas Legislative Session" at www.texaschlforum.com. More details (to be able to discuss intelligently in a timely manner) and Brian McCall's phone number(s) via link shown above.
    www.dentoncountysports.com
    A Private Palace for Pistol Proficiency

Links