New AWB Bill to be Introduced This Week

This is a discussion on New AWB Bill to be Introduced This Week within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Former Top Rated NRA Senator to Introduce Gun Ban This Week Here we go. It's starting....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New AWB Bill to be Introduced This Week

New AWB Bill to be Introduced This Week

Do whatever floats your boat, but don't dare to try and sink mine.

2. Remove Ads

"McCarthy’s bill, H.R. 6676, would utilize the National Instant Criminal Background Check System for background checks on all gun store employees and dealers. In addition to H.R. 6676, three other bills have been offered including laws that would make it illegal for known or suspected terrorists to buy guns."

When you Vets, Christians or third party voters are forced to get rid of your firearms look me up, I'm buying.

Michael

jfl
    I don't think anything drastic will happen before Nov. 2010; look at how many dems voted FOR the National Park carry; mostly those going for re-election.

We have a year and a half to get out sh. together, let's do it.
    I've slacked a bit on my goal to get a new NRA member every month ... got to get back in gear.
    That's my way, find yours.
    The first rule of a gunfight: "Don't be there !"
    The second rule: "Bring enough gun"

jfl
    (NRA Life Member/Instructor - GOA - IDPA - GSSF - ex-IHMSA)

I agree with jfl...we have time to seek out and spread support.
    Join the NRA, encourage others to do so, get your spouse to join...contribute, even if it's just few bucks.

A real message has to be sent in 2010...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

How do i join? Sign me up! Or wait, that would make me an extremist right lol?
    I cant believe there definition of extremist. Anybody who didnt vote for obama? Seriously? That sounds like the begining of a dictatorship, or communism.
    "Anyone worth shooting, is probably worth shooting several times."

Contact her and tell her that her reversal will cause you to give even MORE $ to the NRA. Be polite but firm.
    Kirsten Gillibrand - United States Senator for New York: Home

It doesn't matter. Gillibrand's true colors showed with her comments about DC and guns. It's obvious she's one of those "ok for me but not for you" type of gun owners. The kinds that own maybe two bolt-action "hunting rifles," but don't think anyone else needs any type of guns, and would support registration and any other restriction.

She is too drunk with the power of a Senate career to turn back now. Schumie made sure his junior senator folded to his will.

So what is the bill number that she introduced this week? Did they do a follow up story on this stating the bill number or did they state that they were misinformed and no bill was introduced?
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

I'm going to love seeing this get introduced. Seeing that one hit wonder McCarthy get her pet issue returned to sender unopened will be a pleasure.

Throw this in too: Senators Reid, Ensign both back gun rights in national parks - KTNV ABC,Channel 13,Las Vegas,Nevada,News,Weather,Sports,Entertainment,KTN V.com,Action News .:.

I'll throw the wager up again: there will be no major gun control legislation passed in the current Congressional term. Stay vigilant, but the numbers are on our side for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead55 View Post
    Contact her and tell her that her reversal will cause you to give even MORE $ to the NRA. Be polite but firm.
    Kirsten Gillibrand - United States Senator for New York: Home
    You mean you can't shout profanity at her for her betrayal of her constiuency and her constitution?

I just wanted to let you guys know it had been brought up officially.

My prediction: It will be introduced and then will be sent to a committee where it will die a slow painful death.

My hope: That with all the new gun owners it won't take a gun ban to kick the Liberals out of Congress. All it will take is the *threat* of the gun ban.

Just saw this on the news Obama would like to reintroduce the AWB. This is in effect what he is doing to law abiding gun owners and proponents of 2A: Guess I had better get cracking on reorganizing my short list purchases in case he gets his wish ( i.e.: the 2 -4 I want that use magazines/extra mags and more ammo) The list is not necessarily in that order. If you haven't joined a gun rights organization yet please do so. I plan to join another, looking at GOA.

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    "McCarthy’s bill, H.R. 6676, would utilize the National Instant Criminal Background Check System for background checks on all gun store employees and dealers. In addition to H.R. 6676, three other bills have been offered including laws that would make it illegal for known or suspected terrorists to buy guns."

When you Vets, Christians or third party voters are forced to get rid of your firearms look me up, I'm buying.

Michael
    Definitely support the killing of this bill. BTW, I'm a Christian, a 20 year U.S. Navy Vet, and don't always vote for any one party, and I'm keeping my guns. Even the apostle Peter was carrying a sword in the Garden that night!
    "Let not your heart be troubled." John 14:1

USN Retired Vietnam/Desert Shield/Desert Storm

The proposed AWB is going nowhere. Pelosi and Reid do not want it because they are well aware that this is the one thing that would lead to a Republican takeover of congress in 2010. There are not enough votes in the house to pass an AWB. Recently 65 pro-gun House Democrats wrote a letter to Holder opposing an AWB.

Pelosi and Reid both want National Health Care under the guise of "healthcare reform." They are NOT going to jeopardize their careers or cushy jobs for an attempt to reinstate the AWB right now.

Pelosi is going to face a tough challenge in the next election so she is going to try to pander to her favorite voting crowd. The people here are FED UP with her and her

McCarthy's bill is going nowhere.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links