Government and Ammo Price

This is a discussion on Government and Ammo Price within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Read below from DOD and contemplate the reprecussion on ammo price. Decision to grind up all casings instead of selling as bulk for target ammo. ...

Thread: Government and Ammo Price

Government and Ammo Price

Read below from DOD and contemplate the reprecussion on ammo price. Decision to grind up all casings instead of selling as bulk for target ammo. The supply is lost. Thank you, new administration.

Please take a moment to note important changes set forth by the Defense Logistics Agency:

Recently it has been determined that fired munitions of all calibers, shapes and sizes have been designated to be Demil code B. As a result and in conjunction with DLA's current Demil code B policy, this notice will serve as official notification which requires Scrap Venture (SV) to implement mutilation as a condition of sale for all sales of fired munitions effective immediately. This notice also requires SV to immediately cease delivery of any fired munitions that have been recently sold or on active term contracts, unless the material has been mutilated prior to sale or SV personnel can attest to the mutilation after delivery. A certificate of destruction is required in either case.

Thank you,

DOD Surplus
    15051 N Kierland Blvd # 300
    Scottsdale, AZ 85254
    "Politicians and Bureaucrats, depend very much on the complicity of their victims, and like criminals, are flummoxed when we don't play the victim role."

2. Remove Ads

What is the date of this notice?

I thought that was a mandate from 2008 that was "found out" and subsequently dropped. For a short time it probably helped create a gap in ammo availability that hasn't been replenished.

Correct me if I'm wrong on that. It was from W's administration, the same administration that filed an amicus in favor of DC. Nothing to do with BO; that guy has his own faults to answer for.

I think this got canned within a week of it happening.

Distinguished Member Array lacrosse50's Avatar
    Yep, the authors backpedaled in one big hurry on that one.
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
    -Herbert Spencer

NRA Life Member

Here is a an email from Georgia Arms on March 18, 2009.

NOTICE!!!

A hardy congratulation is due to our loyal customers, our good friends, and our fellow shooting enthusiasts through out this great nation! Due to the diligent and overwhelming effort of many thousands of you, calling, writing, and emailing our elected officials, DOD Surplus, LLC, has rescinded its prior directive that ALL small arms spent casings be mutilated rather than recycled. This was a huge victory for common sense and we would like to thank each and every person who made an effort and played a role in correcting this mistake. We at Georgia Arms are proud of everyone who took the time and had the courage to stand up for our rights. We believe, that by your outpouring of anger and dismay, you not only extended our liberty and freedoms but also took a stand for economic common sense in a time when we know our government should be trying to reduce costs at all levels rather than throwing money away for some politically correct reason or the other. Again, our hat is off to everyone who helped and thanks to God as well. We will roll up our sleeves and go back to work; we have 223’s and 308’s to build! We will start shipping backorders today. (Below is a copy of the email we received from DOD on 3/17/09 @ 4:30pm)
    GOD BLESS AMERICA !!!!!

(This was pertaining to an outstanding bid on a lot of brass that we won prior to the mutilation order. DOD sent us a bill for the brass after we had refused it due to the mutilation requirements. DOD on Monday sent us a bill for the brass and when we responded that we had already refused it due to the mutilation clause, we received this reply via email.)
    I am sorry you hadn’t been informed –

Word came down that all shells 50 caliber or smaller CAN still be purchased without the mutilation requirement as long as kept in the US.

(As it was in limbo, I did not sent your EUC to Battle Creek until today, also why I have not contacted you for payment until today.)

Thanks!

Arana K. Wolin
    Document Verification Supervisor
    Government Liquidation, LLC
    DOD Surplus, LLC
    15051 N Kierland Blvd. #300
    Scottsdale, AZ 85254
    The 2nd Amendment is my gun permit.
    Issue Date: Dec. 15, 1791
    Expiration Date: NEVER

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    Dear God this is old!! How long is this gonna float around???
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Tally XD View Post
    Dear God this is old!! How long is this gonna float around???
    Forever.

There have been several threads on this matter and the resolution. I will try to find the previous threads and post them here, but as this is a repost, the thread is closed.

JD
    Administrator

Links