Kansas CC Update

Kansas CC Update

This is a discussion on Kansas CC Update within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; From NRA-ILA: Posted on Thu, Mar. 09, 2006 Concealed carry bill clears panel The proposed law would allow appropriately screened individuals to carry weapons, with ...

Thread: Kansas CC Update

Post Kansas CC Update

From NRA-ILA:

Posted on Thu, Mar. 09, 2006
    Concealed carry bill clears panel

The proposed law would allow appropriately screened individuals to carry weapons, with some exceptions.

TOPEKA -- A measure allowing Kansans to obtain a permit to carry a concealed weapon was approved Wednesday by the House Federal and State Affairs Committee.

That vote clears the way for debate by the full House. The Senate has already approved the bill.

The bill would allow Kansans over 21 who pass a background check and undergo training to carry a concealed handgun in public. Convicted felons, or those with a criminal history of drug use, domestic violence or multiple DUIs, would be barred.

The House committee added several exemptions Wednesday that were not in the Senate version. Under the House version, permit holders would not be able to carry a concealed weapon into public libraries, preschools or day care centers, churches and temples.

Rep. Candy Ruff, D-Leavenworth, said she believed supporters were close to garnering the 84 votes to successfully override a possible veto by Gov. Kathleen Sebelius. The measure passed in the Senate with enough votes to override a veto.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Assistant Administrator
    R&G - glad you posted this and the OH info - I got notification and was going to post otherwise.

This sounds reasonably OK tho as ever exceptions get thrown in. The poor prospect for a vito is most encouraging. I shall be hoping for success.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

At least its a step in the right direction, and I wouldn't have to disarm when I go into KS.

Quote Originally Posted by rwmorrisonjr
    At least its a step in the right direction, and I wouldn't have to disarm when I go into KS.
    My thoughts exactly - depending on what other state permits they choose to recognize. I'll be happy for them wether I'm able to carry there or not. Hope this one makes it through - not the first time they've tried.

Sponsored Links