Knock, Knock...We're Here to Inspect Your Weapons - Page 3

Knock, Knock...We're Here to Inspect Your Weapons

This is a discussion on Knock, Knock...We're Here to Inspect Your Weapons within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by JonInNY Well FatCat, I'm not sure if I would go that far. I live about 100 miles north of the city, beautiful ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Knock, Knock...We're Here to Inspect Your Weapons

Quote Originally Posted by JonInNY View Post
    Well FatCat, I'm not sure if I would go that far. I live about 100 miles north of the city, beautiful Catskills, but I actually enjoy going in to NYC for dining, theater, and some other fun. It's just to bad I need to leave my gun at home.

(Besides, my wife works in NYC a few days a week).
    heh...I don't understand you city lovin' folks. I grew up in the city and you couldn't PAY ME to move back. Going into the city on a regular basis when you live in what is arguably paradise is like taking a stroll through the sewer, while covered in molasses, and then tromping on back home without showering to spread the love. One way or another, you're going to be covered in the stench of bugs and other nasties and they're going to follow you home.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post
    ...going into the city on a regular basis when you live in what is arguably paradise is like taking a stroll through the sewer, while covered in molasses, and then tromping on back home without showering to spread the love. One way or another, you're going to be covered in the stench of bugs and other nasties and they're going to follow you home.
    Nothing like a warm, fuzzy, glowing review <sigh>.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

No warrant, no entering the casa!
    "Anyone worth shooting, is probably worth shooting several times."

Quote Originally Posted by TerriLi View Post
    Florida with such an event

LEO-"Hello, we're here to inspect your permits and firearms"
    My family-Shuts door and locks it. Then say, "Please leave now"
    Virginia with such an event:

LEO - "Hello, we're here to inspect your permits and firearms"
    Citizen - "Get off my property."

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    Law enforcement is no longer law enforcement when they are illegally violating my personal right to safety without due cause or authorized and certified documentation.

I can never bring my self to harm an officer of the Law God bless you guys, but my rules go out the windows when you threaten my family while armed and without warrant.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

Oh and my GOD does it take guts to enter a man's property without warrant and challenge to inspect his weapon..

I know for one that if I committed no crime and suddenly 3 police showed at my house without sounding that they have a warrant... well you know how the scenario would go... this some mafia gone wrong stuff here man ... not right .. not right at all....

There is a reason our legal system demands officers sound off we have a warrant unless there is a justified threat that determines a stealthy entrance approved by a much higher official that will answer for his decision!
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsbane View Post
    Anyone living in NYC have any input to say if the police in that city have any legal standing on preforming inspections of the firearms as per regulations concerning the ownership inside the city limits?

There is no legal standing in this, and there is no legal legislation that could ever be passed, you know why ....

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Registration is not legal. Police coming in your home to inspect your weapons are not legal also.

Now if you are convicted felon... well then you better not own a weapon, you are illegal and I hope they catch you!

Hope this answers your questions and ends debate on the legality of such un-constitutional liberal practices such as discussed in this thread.

Senior Member Array Shadowsbane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tangoseal View Post
    There is no legal standing in this, and there is no legal legislation that could ever be passed, you know why ....

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Registration is not legal. Police coming in your home to inspect your weapons are not legal also.

Now if you are convicted felon... well then you better not own a weapon, you are illegal and I hope they catch you!

Hope this answers your questions and ends debate on the legality of such un-constitutional liberal practices such as discussed in this thread.
    Nice opinon piece, and deviod of any real answer, besides the standard mantra. Until the law is overturned, then it is legal, by definition. That doesn't make the law right, or even the following of such a law as being moral. My question stands as to if the option of inspections of the registered firearms is written into the NYC law books. However, upon some reflection, I don't believe this isn't the place to attempt to get an answer. Since, after all this is a concealed carry website, and unless you are at the very least a demi-god you can't legally carry concealed weapons in NYC. So, I will have to search out my own answers elsewhere.
    Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.

www.Lonelymountainleather.com

Yeah I do think that citing the 2a may be a jump the gun answer without the substance you were searching for.

You are probably really going to have to find out for yourself since I think this is not the correct content of a forum in which to provide an answer. I apologize though for not being able to help.

The NYC Owners Beware thread sounds a lot like this type of check, based on out of borough purchase of prohibited (in the city) arms.
    http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...rs-beware.html

I am not an expert but isnt NY a may issue state?I am sure if you told the LEO no warrant no enter they would just leave I am equally sure that you would be getting a letter in the mail telling your permit is revoked and the next time they showed up with a warrant they would take your weapons and arrest for possessing and unlicensed weapon

Senior Member Array Matthew Temkin's Avatar
    It is true and it happened to me--and others.
    See this:Long Island Firearms Forum

Senior Member Array Matthew Temkin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiller2 View Post
    I am not an expert but isnt NY a may issue state?I am sure if you told the LEO no warrant no enter they would just leave I am equally sure that you would be getting a letter in the mail telling your permit is revoked and the next time they showed up with a warrant they would take your weapons and arrest for possessing and unlicensed weapon
    Bingo..

Senior Member Array InspectorGadget's Avatar
    Here are the NY City laws from the NRA site
    http://www.nraila.org/statelawpdfs/NYCCL.pdf

There is nothing saying they can't show up and ask to inspect without a warrant. There is also nothing saying you can't say come back when you have a warrant. But they can revoke your license whenever they want to. Keep in mind that this is the same Bloomberg that has had charges filed by other states for setting up Gun Shop Stings outside of his juristiction/state so he is more than capable of this. Until the people of NYC stand up an elect these people out of office you will have to deal with them and their ways.
    Colt 1911 New Agent, CTLaser

You do not work for them, they work for you.
    Senators http://senate.gov/general/contact_in...nators_cfm.cfm
    Congressmen http://www.house.gov/house/MemberWWW_by_State.shtml

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    Okay...after having a member say this has happened to them, and looking at the forum they and others that have had this happen to belong to I am rightly steamed. NYC should now have a sign at the city limits saying "Warning Constitution Free Zone".
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links