Knock, Knock...We're Here to Inspect Your Weapons

This is a discussion on Knock, Knock...We're Here to Inspect Your Weapons within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I just finished reading a post on a local firearms forum and I'm still shaking my head in near disbelief. I can't say total disbelief ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Knock, Knock...We're Here to Inspect Your Weapons

I just finished reading a post on a local firearms forum and I'm still shaking my head in near disbelief. I can't say total disbelief because nothing shocks me at this point when it comes to the intrusion on the rights of firearms owners.

NYPD shows up unannounced at this guys apartment to inspect the permit and serial numbers of the firearms he owns. No warrant, no statement regarding probable cause just...we have a list of 30 people in the neighborhood that will be the subject of "site inspections".

What the heck is going on???

Does anybody have some hard info on the when, where, how, legal justification and who is authorizing this?
    Last edited by QKShooter; May 21st, 2009 at 01:28 PM. Reason: sp

What?!?

Wow.......

Shouldn't they be after, say, criminals?

"Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Are you kidding? Harrassing law abiding citizens is so much safer and results in a heck of lot less paperwork.

And he let them in?
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Do you have source material on this? I find this hard to believe without some corroborating evidence.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

I don't think he has to let them in,. I'm not an attorney, and IF I lived in NY (Praise God I don't) I would find out,. I know somewhere back east they made it legal for the PD to walk up and inspect houses for drug/weapons of teens,. I don't agree with that, but after finding out what the law really said, they can only go if they are asked (by the parent of a unruly teen) and they have to be let inside the house by the parent,... This may be the same way,. If not.... GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Quote Originally Posted by JonInNY View Post
    Do you have source material on this? I find this hard to believe without some corroborating evidence.
    JonInNY

One of the reasons I posted it here is because this forum has much higher visibility offering a great chance of getting additional validation that this type of thing is actually taking place.

If I get additional information that validates what I've heard so far I'll post it. If you or anyone else can get confirmation that this is in fact taking place let me know.

Somehow I don't believe this is true as presented. I've never heard of anything like this in NY before.

Are the people in New York living in Hitlers Germany? It sure sounds like it. If you refused what would be their next move ? Maybe they will kick your door down and search your house.

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    Florida with such an event

LEO-"Hello, we're here to inspect your permits and firearms"
    My family-Shuts door and locks it. Then say, "Please leave now"
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

The cops could just as easily taken the guns when he brought them out. Only in New York. This is why we do not want gun registration.

Quote Originally Posted by TucAzRider View Post
    ... and IF I lived in NY (Praise God I don't)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom G View Post
    Are the people in New York living in Hitlers Germany? It sure sounds like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom G View Post
    Only in New York.
    <Sarcasm Warning>
    OK, guys, I understand bashing New York City, but give us upstater's a break!

The Hudson Valley is a beautiful, scenic and wonderful place to be, and no trouble (well, just some inconvenience) getting firearms.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Senior Member Array Shadowsbane's Avatar
    Anyone living in NYC have any input to say if the police in that city have any legal standing on preforming inspections of the firearms as per regulations concerning the ownership inside the city limits?
    Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.

www.Lonelymountainleather.com

I don't believe it for one second, I would also like verification. I with JonInNY, to much NY bashing in many threads.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

I call Bravo Sierra.

There was a similar thread claiming this to have happened in MD, resulted from someone purchasing ammunition (9mm), and the customer didn't have a registered gun in 9... According to the post, full SWAT showed up to inspect the guns at 3am... no proof of this being true, and the gentleman "forgot to get the officer's names".

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links