Article from CNN.com

Article from CNN.com

This is a discussion on Article from CNN.com within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Cafferty File: Tell Jack how you really feel Blog Archive - Should concealed and loaded guns be allowed in national parks? - Blogs from CNN.com...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Article from CNN.com

Oh the comments left at the bottom are rich! I can only read a few of them before I see my Ramen noodles again.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

"Cain't fix stupid" Ron White
    "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Divebum47 View Post
    "Cain't fix stupid" Ron White
    No, you can't. But the most dangerous people in the world are the aggressively stupid, that is , those that go out of their way to be stupid.

Those comments, for the most part, show how aggressively stupid some of those people are.
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps & NRA Life Member since 1972

"The trouble is with the increasingly widespread problem of idiots prancing around out there confusing their opinions with actual facts." peckman28

VIP Member
    Its hard to even read that garbage
    Prepare for the worst and hope it never happens

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    Sigh, most of those people would be TERRIFIED if they realized that I carried a concealed pistol on the bus sitting next to them.

what they don't know doesn't shoot them!

What a bunch of misguided ,uninformed, head in the sand morons. Guess they have not seen or heard of the crimes committed and the dangerous animal attack that have taken place parks, amongst other places. These fools think they are entering a magical wonderland free of any danger, because,.... well it is a park. What could happen in a park ?? Why would a prudent person, in touch with reality would want to protect themselves from potential danger ? That's what park rangers and law enforcement officers are for, right ?? Idiots. Sad to see just what clowns we have in this country. Too stupid to have a clue about the real world !!!!

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    They don't call it the Communist News Network for nothing.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

I was the 7th person to post a reply to this article. I was polite and brief using government statistics in my pro-carry comment. It, for some reason, is not listed in the comments now.

There were more pro-carry comments a couple hours later than are appearing in his article now.

Media filtering/discrimination is quite annoying.

They will never get that a person that is legal for conceal carry is checked out by the feds,.. They will never know how many times they have stood in line at wally world and was inches away from a EEEEEkkkkkkkkk LOADED WEAPON!!!!!!!... So what is on a "national forest" that will make a sane person all the sudden start shooting everywhere and everything????? Hmmmmmm.. If they only knew,.

Senior Member Array preachertim's Avatar
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in Large groups!
    Why Would A Preacher ever need a Gun? Its Not for the Sheep , its for the Wolves!

Springfield Armory Service XD 40
    Taurus PT 1911 45 acp Taurus PT 101, PT 92
    Ruger 22/45 Ruger P95 9mm, Ruger SR9
    Kahr CW 40, Heritage 22, Rossi 38 special

Why, is al Qaeda recruiting grizzly bears?
    Numnuts concern.

Just what the park rangers need – people with concealed guns running around our parks.
    In reality, criminals walk amongst us, going where we go, looking for opportunities to do what they do: take us down. The point is, they are already armed. This is about stopping the ludicrous disarming of victims, which has no hope of reducing the number of victims. It's about allowing people to defend themselves against criminals who are already out there. It's about finally adhering to the demands and requirements of the Constitution, and about stopping the Feds from illegal sidestepping of it.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    I finally read the comments....
    I never knew that the survival instinct was completely gone in that many people.
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by sass20485 View Post
    What a bunch of misguided ,uninformed, head in the sand morons. Guess they have not seen or heard of the crimes committed and the dangerous animal attack that have taken place parks, amongst other places. These fools think they are entering a magical wonderland free of any danger, because,.... well it is a park. What could happen in a park ?? Why would a prudent person, in touch with reality would want to protect themselves from potential danger ? That's what park rangers and law enforcement officers are for, right ?? Idiots. Sad to see just what clowns we have in this country. Too stupid to have a clue about the real world !!!!

+ 10000000000000000000000000000

are funny huh?!?
    “The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.”.... Albert Einstein

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Distinguished Member Array lacrosse50's Avatar
    The line of reasoning exposed in that articles comments section is something that really gets under my skin. I mean, how many of those folks have actually been to a national park? How many actually got out of their vehicle? How many stepped off the parking lot and entered the woods? While I'm sure some did, I believe it was a rather small percentage. Yet they are more than happy to pass judgment and force their opinions on others.

I'm not much into the outdoors. I fish, hike, and camp on occasion but mainly with others because I wouldn't do it on my own. I've nothing against any of those activities, and I don't feel that I am morally superior in any of my views and have to push those views on others. Why can't people just let each other live in peace?
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
    -Herbert Spencer

NRA Life Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links