Pro-gun letter to anti-gun Salt Lake Tribune

Pro-gun letter to anti-gun Salt Lake Tribune

This is a discussion on Pro-gun letter to anti-gun Salt Lake Tribune within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; In response to the Senate's wise vote to allow guns in national parks, Paul Helmke, president of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, said, ...

Thumbs up Pro-gun letter to anti-gun Salt Lake Tribune

In response to the Senate's wise vote to allow guns in national parks, Paul Helmke, president of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, said, "Families should not have to stare down loaded AK-47s on nature hikes" ("Loaded guns allowed in national parks under bill," Tribune , May 20). His statement is absolutely absurd and totally uncalled for. He is labeling every honest, law-abiding gun owner as violent, irresponsible and dangerous, and I take great offense.

Liberals cannot think clearly, and they just don't see logic. There are good guys and there are bad guys. Good guys obey the law and get training and permits to carry a firearm, and the law knows who they are. Bad guys carry firearms, regardless of any law.

To the Paul Helmkes of the world, I say: Wake up, and realize that a good guy with a legally obtained permit might someday save you from a bad guy on a rampage!

Russell *****

Taylorsville

Link to the original (note the downvote by anti-gun )

To the Paul Helmkes of the world, I say: Wake up, and realize that a good guy with a legally obtained permit might someday save you from a bad guy on a rampage!
    Unless we know who you are, then your on your own.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

It never ceases to amaze me how absurd some people can be nowadays. They want to paint all we gun owners as people who carry rifles with us on "nature hikes."

These type people tend to pander to the uniformed public hoping to find their target audience. Unfortunately, they do accomplish task all too often. Some people will never truly understand that people like us only want the right to protect ourselves & our loved ones.

Some people will never learn!
    "Gun control is being able to hit your target."
    Glock 26

He is obviously an intelligent man who knows nothing about the subject, if educated I'm sure the article would of been much different

jfl
    Quote Originally Posted by ncglock View Post
    He is obviously an intelligent man who knows nothing about the subject, if educated I'm sure the article would of been much different
    An intelligent man would not talk/write about a subject he knows nothing about.
    The first rule of a gunfight: "Don't be there !"
    The second rule: "Bring enough gun"

jfl
    (NRA Life Member/Instructor - GOA - IDPA - GSSF - ex-IHMSA)

Don't equate intelligence with knowledge. Knowledge is the possession of information. Intelligence is the ability to rationally interpret and assess that knowledge.
    "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Quote Originally Posted by cyberdogg View Post
    Liberals cannot think clearly, and they just don't see logic. There are good guys and there are bad guys. Good guys obey the law and get training and permits to carry a firearm, and the law knows who they are. Bad guys carry firearms, regardless of any law.
    Unbelievable. The law wouldn't have passed without liberals voting for it. It was signed into law by a liberal president (grudgingly, true, but true nonetheless). The policy it overturned was put into place during the Reagan administration. Instead of pointing out that the gun amendment had broad bi-partisan support, the letter writer thinks that the smart move is to inform liberals how stupid they are.

Stick to this issue folks, please. We need support wherever we can get it. The Bradys themselves have actually said that they need pro-gun people to be split like this:

Pro-Gun Progressive PGP Meets Sarah Brady!

Newsflash for those High Road, FiringLine, etc. type gun rights communities—if you doubt me when I say the worst thing the gun rights community can do is continue to divide ourselves, bicker, infight, and discriminate against the non-Republican members of the movement, you heard it here straight from the Brady Campaign horse’s mouth. The fact of the matter is simple—they agree that nothing works against the gun rights movement more, and helps them do their job better, than the continuation of the idea that gun rights is exclusively a right wing philosophical domain. The more you disagree with me on this front, the more you’re helping the Brady Campaign. It’s that simple. They’re hoping against hope that the pro-gun progressive movement doesn’t grow. They’d rather have the Republican gun rights folks attacking me than Sarah Brady; I know this because they told me as much. Disagree at your own peril.

Links