Gun ownership has brought lawlessness

This is a discussion on Gun ownership has brought lawlessness within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Boricua, Thanks for the link. Great comments after the article: at this point, 38 out of 38 are slamming the author hard . Those comments ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gun ownership has brought lawlessness

Boricua,

Thanks for the link. Great comments after the article: at this point, 38 out of 38 are slamming the author hard.

Those comments are a great source of information concerning past non-gun mass murders, etc., so great that I printed them out and will be sharing them with my daughter, and also keeping them for my reference.

Fantastic comments, which will save me much research time in the future.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by automatic slim View Post
    "Gun ownership has brought lawlessness"- probably what the British troops occupying the colonies were saying right around 1776.
    Right on!!

200+ years later, and we're still smiling over the colonists' decisions!!

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by JAT40 View Post
    The people posting reply's just hammered Mr. Green. He wont be back any time soon with anti-2A babbling at that paper.
    Sadly, he and others almost certainly will. That speaks volumes about how far down the toilet some segments have been flushed, in terms of intelligent thinking about the realities of the world.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Yes, the author of that opinion is absolutely right!

This is not Cowboys and Indians - In the old west, you could see your enemies coming; now they come at you from all sides, in houses of worship, schools, shopping malls and government buildings. They even kick in the front door of your homes in the middle of the night and simple robbery of your money and possessions does not satisfy them. Now they rob you, rape any females in the home and then murder you and show no remorse in doing so.

I wish it were as simple as Cowboys and Indians... Us gun owners would have already taken care of the problem. This is what 50 years of liberalism have done to our country. This has nothing to do with the availability of guns, it has to with the successive breeding of defective people.

we removed prayer and corporal punishment from our schools and replaced those traditional forms of discipline 30 years later with police officers. 10 years after that the school district I grew up in authorized it's own police force. Now every high school in the district has armed police officers on staff full time.

We have embraced the single parent family concept and raised 2 generations of girly men who have little or no male role model or influence in their lives. they grow up with serious personality flaws and the difference to me is patently obvious by the way such boys throw temper tantrums because they have been indulged by "mommy".

If the author of that opinion really wants to fix things, he could start by fixing himself like a dog or a cat so he can't have any kids like him.
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar

my lettor to the editor of the fallbrook company that put this out

Gun ownership has brought lawlessness?

I am not going to argue semantics over this article? But why are you allowing someone so misinformed and so uneducated to write articles based on pure opinion and emotion and not on fact? I thought journalism pursues the story based on fact and not emotional utopian make believe? I am just simply asking that you reconsider reviewing resumes a second time before allowing personnel like this to bring a negative image upon your hard working staff.

I believe in our first amendment and will do anything to ensure that you as well as my self are allowed the practice and cherish that right. This is about factual journalism and professionalism.

Thank you and best wishes to your on going success.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by CEW58 View Post
    It look like the readers did a great job in setting the record straight!

Really, that ended up being some good reading... liked the comments. Many were well stated.

Distinguished Member Array lacrosse50's Avatar
    Wow, some very good comments both here and on the linked site. Mr Editorial is being mauled...and rightly so.
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
    -Herbert Spencer

NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by boricua View Post
    Gun ownership has brought lawlessness :: The Fallbrook Village News

"Gun ownership has brought lawlessness

Editors Note:
    Editorials do not necessarily reflect the views of The Fallbrook Village News.
    Thursday, May 21st, 2009.
    Issue 21, Volume 13.
    ...But they do reflect the views of The Fallbrook Village Idiot!
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Quote Originally Posted by CEW58 View Post
    It look like the readers did a great job in setting the record straight!
    +1

The replies were a great read.
    NRA Member
    S&W 642 (no-lock) with .38 Spl +P 135 GR Gold GDHP
    Glock G31 & G33 with .357 Sig 125 GR. SXT Winchester Ranger

Ah, it would appear that he has the style and grammatical skills of lump of soft mud. I was not aware that the short bus was still in service at the "Pinhead University of Journalism".

Quote Originally Posted by Akross View Post
    Ah, it would appear that he has the style and grammatical skills of lump of soft mud. I was not aware that the short bus was still in service at the "Pinhead University of Journalism".
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Here is a reply Opinion in that same rag, in response to Mr. Green's insinuations that guns cause crime:

Thursday, May 28th, 2009.
    Issue 22, Volume 13.

This letter is in response to Robert Green’s “Gun ownership has brought lawlessness.”

Sir, with all due respect, people who think the way you do encourage lawlessness. Have you ever considered the quote “An armed society is a polite society?”

When criminals know that others have been disarmed, they have free reign and power that unarmed (law-abiding) citizens do not. When criminals do not know who is armed, the crime rates are lower.

Have you ever researched the states where our Second Amendment has not been infringed? In these states, citizens may carry a concealed weapon upon permit. Here, in California, very few citizens may carry a gun off their own property, therefore giving criminals an edge.

Several years ago, Australian citizens were disarmed from the one weapon they had once been allowed to have. Pictures were published of the heaps of guns that were melted.

Their crime rates went up. Why? Because the law-abiding citizens (the ones who follow the laws and the ones we want to carry weapons) turned their guns in that day. Criminals don’t follow laws, Mr. Green.

If you prefer to live in a country where guns are not allowed in the hands of polite and law-abiding men, please research into relocating before you encourage disarming the best of America (the men/women who protect their families and property).

Leah Gerten
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

After the massacre in Germany a few months ago, I heard a radio article on NPR stating that comparing apples to apples there are more of these 'massacre' type attacks in Europe compared to the U.S. . I don't remember if it was normalized for population or perhaps it was total body count or whatever. And yes, I really did hear it on NPR.

Has anyone else heard this and is there a reference some where of this statistic?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links