Gun ownership has brought lawlessness

This is a discussion on Gun ownership has brought lawlessness within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Gun ownership has brought lawlessness :: The Fallbrook Village News "Gun ownership has brought lawlessness Editors Note: Editorials do not necessarily reflect the views of ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gun ownership has brought lawlessness

Gun ownership has brought lawlessness :: The Fallbrook Village News

"Gun ownership has brought lawlessness

Editors Note:
    Editorials do not necessarily reflect the views of The Fallbrook Village News.
    Thursday, May 21st, 2009.
    Issue 21, Volume 13.

How many more of these grisly massacres must we endure before the US citizenry turns on the NRA and its deluded followers and declares enough is enough?

Oh, sure, I can already hear the excuses from the gun-nuts: “Guns don’t kill people – people kill people.” All very true, but how many of these massacres would occur if the 10 or 15 victims had to be killed with a knife or a club? Not many, I think; it’s the easy availability of the gun that makes it all possible.

Yes, they do occasionally have similar incidents in Europe, where they have tough gun laws, Germany most recently, but they are few and far between. Four or five such incidents over a period of 10 years; in the USA, they occur almost weekly! I frankly don’t believe that the Second Amendment, nor our forbears, ever envisioned the lawlessness which gun ownership has brought to this country.

Single-shot rifles and shotguns for bona-fide hunting is okay, but handguns, assault weapons and the like are a no-no! Come on, America, let’s grow up! This is not cowboys and Indians.

Robert F. Green"

This poor clown should've done his homework...click on the link to read the comments from all the "gun-nuts." He's getting a little shaken up.
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

2. Remove Ads

What a dream world these people live in.

This reporter sounds like he's right out of one of the the nation's mind-twisting liberal universities. He has no concept of the 'real world' nor does he have any facts to back up his claims...he's livin' in "La La Land"...

Side note: I'd like to take Mr. Green grizzly bear hunting and allow him the single shot weapon of his choosing...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

This guy makes me want to vomit. What an idiot.

It look like the readers did a great job in setting the record straight!
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. ~ Albert Einstein

Sig P229 DAK - .40 S&W
    Ruger SP101 - .357 Mag

Yes, the ease with which a criminal can attack and persevere against a victim has shown criminals that crime can pay. Absolutely.

But it's ludicrous to imply or suggest that, necessarily, firearms themselves are the cause of criminality.

The statistics in the real world simply don't bear that out. (Review data by Lott, for example.)

In England, which has seen fit to ban everything from Barbasol to baby food, including weaponry of all kinds from toothpicks to guns and knives, there has been a rapid rise in the numbers of criminal attacks against upstanding citizens ... all despite the lack of weapons in the hands of citizens. Why? Easy pickings.

It's almost certainly a fact that if you place easily-obtainable food in front of a lion, that the food is going to be attacked and eaten. Similarly, if you present a naive and ignorant citizenry to criminals, then criminals are going to see "food" (opportunity for attack) in exactly the same way.

My question always is: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?

The reality is, fewer mines in the minefield embolden criminals.

Here's the thing: Other than the occasional firearm or other weapon that gets stolen from an upstanding citizen's home, upstanding people aren't the ones causing anything. And having upstanding people harden themselves against the incidence of crime isn't going to harm anyone except criminals.

The author of that "puff" piece needs a simple and practical example. If he is so adamant that firearms are the root of all evil, then I propose he sign up for the following simple experiment:
    • Enter a large, locked room along with a criminal.
    • Both he and the criminal will be afforded the choice of a single weapon.
    • Before the bell is rung, the weapon will be taken away from the defender.
    • "Ding!"

NOW how important is having a means of defense against a criminal who sees nothing but "food" and the ease/difficulty of obtaining that food? Pretty bloody important, if you ask me. Can't be asking the author of the "puff" piece, above, since he's now dead due to his own naivete.

"Easy Pickings Result in Increased Attention from Criminals." This is far more likely to be true than any claims that a given single tool is the root of all evil.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by boricua View Post
    Gun ownership has brought lawlessness :: The Fallbrook Village News

Single-shot rifles and shotguns for bona-fide hunting is okay, but handguns, assault weapons and the like are a no-no! Come on, America, let’s grow up! This is not cowboys and Indians.

Robert F. Green"

This poor clown should've done his homework...click on the link to read the comments from all the "gun-nuts." He's getting a little shaken up.
    That's until one day this same fine specimen of idiocy will call these same single shot rifles "sniper rifles" and call for them to be banned too... Less and less people take these media clowns seriously, all they do is talk to themselves like the losers they are.
    http://www.bloombergfightbackfund.com/
    Sig P220R/Sig P239 (9mm)/ S&W 640/ Ruger Single Six Hunter (.22LR/Mag)/ CZ 452 Varmint .22LR/ Lee Enfield No4 MK2 sporterized dated 1959/ Mosin Nagant M90-30 dated 1942/

Fallbrook, California used to be a nice little avocado and horse ranch village north of San Diego. The ranchers shot the coyotes and skunks, drove 30 year old pickups and enjoyed a quiet slower lifestyle. In the late 80s the usual editorial was a rant about all the "new" people moving in and then wanting the draw bridge lifted to keep out future development. In the days of old Fallbrook was famous for avocados and Mr. Metzger (white power/ ran for President once). Sounds from the article and responses to it as though the last 30 years have not changed the village much: traditional values vs Liberal left, old timers vs. yuppies, farmers vs developers. One thing I always said about Fallbrook: "there is no shortage of strong opinions here."

Mr. Green better take his name and phone number out of the Village Directory, the west part of town has alot of ex-Marines and current Marines living off Ammunition Drive where the Naval Weapons Gate (Camp Pendleton) is located.

Dumbies are everywhere, but California is Mecca.
    "Improvise, adapt, overcome."

Senior Member Array ElMonoDelMar's Avatar
    I thought it was funny how no one has even tried to defend the author's viewpoints. It's just post after post of him getting owned.

How many more of these grisly massacres must we endure before the US citizenry turns on the NRA and its deluded followers and declares enough is enough?

Oh, sure, I can already hear the excuses from the gun-nuts: “Guns don’t kill people – people kill people.” All very true, but how many of these massacres would occur if the 10 or 15 victims had to be killed with a knife or a club? Not many, I think; it’s the easy availability of the gun that makes it all possible.
    Yeah, I was just noticing that. It apparently started quite some time ago. In fact, I was just reading about the first-ever incident...

Genesis 4 (New International Version)

Cain and Abel
    Now Abel kept flocks, and Cain worked the soil. 3 In the course of time Cain brought some of the fruits of the soil as an offering to the LORD. 4 But Abel brought fat portions from some of the firstborn of his flock. The LORD looked with favor on Abel and his offering, 5 but on Cain and his offering he did not look with favor. So Cain was very angry, and his face was downcast.

6 Then the LORD said to Cain, "Why are you angry? Why is your face downcast? 7 If you do what is right, will you not be accepted? But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must master it."

8 Now Cain said to his brother Abel, "Let's go out to the field." [d] And while they were in the field, Cain attacked his brother Abel and killed him.
    So, Mr. Green is right, it is gun ownership that.....brought ..........lawlessness........

Oh, wait, I guess guns weren't actually mentioned in the story. Probably just another one of those occasions where the so-called 'journalist' just didn't include all the pertinent facts in his/her story.

Yeah, that must be what it is.

Right, Mr. Green?
    Last edited by miklcolt45; May 23rd, 2009 at 03:26 PM. Reason: clarification
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Idiots!!!!... Just plan Idiots,.. . . Clueless little people,..

VIP Member
    Side note: I'd like to take Mr. Green grizzly bear hunting and allow him the single shot weapon of his choosing...[/QUOTE]

It seems like many of the responses on that website gave him a good history and second amendment lesson, probably to no avail.

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    "Gun ownership has brought lawlessness"- probably what the British troops occupying the colonies were saying right around 1776.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

The people posting reply's just hammered Mr. Green. He wont be back any time soon with anti-2A babbling at that paper.
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

Why is it that those who oppose the lawful ownership of firearms always say that the easy availability of firearms is a cause of crime? Why do they merely ignore the fact that in Switzerland, males are required for the majority of their adult lives to own assault weapons (true select fire, not the media definition of "assault weapons") as well as other kinds of weapons and ammunition, but the country has one of the lowest violent crime rates in Europe?

I mean, if easy availability makes for mass murderers, shouldn't that country have wiped it's own self off the map by now?
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links