President Obama support UN treaty that would require gun registration in the US - Page 3

President Obama support UN treaty that would require gun registration in the US

This is a discussion on President Obama support UN treaty that would require gun registration in the US within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Keep it up Dems. Keep it up. Just shoot yourselfs in the foot.....again and incert foot in mouth...again. They call us fanatics...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: President Obama support UN treaty that would require gun registration in the US

Keep it up Dems. Keep it up. Just shoot yourselfs in the foot.....again and incert foot in mouth...again. They call us fanatics

I lost mine in a boating accident. Darn the luck.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    Writing letters and sending to everyone I know. People need to be aware of the intent here, even if it seems unlikely to go anywhere.
    "Don't Tread on Me"

Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by OMEGA2669 View Post
    What gun? I sold them all last year. I don't remember who to I lost the bill of sale.
    I like that.
    Glock 27

"Criminals are a cowardly and superstitious lot."

Quote Originally Posted by OMEGA2669 View Post
    What gun? I sold them all last year. I don't remember who to I lost the bill of sale.
    yeah me too, sold them at a gun show to some guy I've never seen before. All I have left is this CETME trigger pack because guns kill!

I am sworn to protect the Constitution of the U.S.A. from all threats both foreign and domestic.

Before I register anything, show me the freakn' birth certificate!
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Why would the UN even be interested in such a thing?
    Three words,.. New World Order,.... Coming, to a country near you,.. I suggest everyone read up on this,.... We really need to educate the country on this for sure...

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    Not surprising, considering the piece of c**p he is. Yes, the dems are going to let the UN do their dirty work for them and then act innocent.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

He can "support" it all he wants. I don't think he has the votes in the Senate to get it ratified.

This is just serving whatever way the wind blows right now.

Be Safe,

NosaM

The only useful thing that could come from the U.N. is to bulldoze it into the East river for an artificial reef to help the Stripped bass population.

They pass all kinds of resolutions and posture but accomplish nothing. Iraq weapons inspections, N Korea apparently now has a nuke and Iran is up next...great job by the fine people at the U.N.

As someone else posted; if Mexico is having a problem with U.S. guns being smuggled in to the country, and I don't believe they do, they should secure the border. Of course, they won't, this is the same government that assists illegals on entering this country.
    A real AMERICAN President would point this out to them, too bad we don't have one.

Things that will happen before this treaty is ratified:

Sarah Brady will become a 3 gun national champion.
    PETA will collaborate with Remington on a commemorative shotgun.
    Carolyn McCarthy will learn what a barrel shroud is.
    Giada DeLaurentiis will personally cook me dinner, followed by dessert and... um, never mind, probably should have left that one out.
    Guns in movies won't make loud clicking sounds every time they move.
    Glocks in movies won't need to be cocked.
    Shotguns in movies will not blow people ten feet backwards.
    The machine gun registry will be reopened.
    Walther will quit CHARGING FIFTY GO&^%^*&ED DOLLARS FOR PPS MAGAZINES.

Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    It is time for a dose of reality.

First, no treaty can supercede the Constitution.

Article 6

This Constitution, and the laws of the United States which shall be made in pursuance thereof; and all treaties made, or which shall be made, under the authority of the United States, shall be the supreme law of the land; and the judges in every state shall be bound thereby, anything in the Constitution or laws of any State to the contrary notwithstanding.

The key phrase is 'under the authority of the United States. What this means, of course, is the United States Constitution. Thus not treaty can be made that does not adhere to the Constitution. It is in the same paragraph as 'all laws ...in pursuance thereof.' Every treaty must conform to the Constitution.

It is also not valid to enter into a treaty with an organization such as the UN. Treaties are compacts between nations. The Declaration of Independence defined us as joining the powers of the earth of separate and equal station. The UN clearly does not qualify, thus no treaty can be effectively formed.

In addition, Hamilton wrote in 1796:

"The only constitutional exception to the power of making treaties is, that it shall not change the Constitution. On natural principles, a treaty, which should manifestly betray or sacrifice primary interests of the state, would be null."

As an aside, though I do not support gun registration, I don't believe it to be an infringement of the right to keep and bear arms.

Senior Moderator
    As an aside, though I do not support gun registration, I don't believe it to be an infringement of the right to keep and bear arms.
    Since History proves that registration of firearms is for the sole purpose of locating and confiscating firearms, how can it not be an infringement?
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links