Kay Hagan supports AWB

This is a discussion on Kay Hagan supports AWB within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I wrote to Senator Hagan (D-NC) concerning the possibility of a new AWB and this is the reply I received: May 12, 2009 Dear Friend, ...

Thread: Kay Hagan supports AWB

Kay Hagan supports AWB

I wrote to Senator Hagan (D-NC) concerning the possibility of a new AWB and this is the reply I received:

May 12, 2009
    Dear Friend,

Thank you for contacting me regarding the Federal Assault Weapons Ban. I greatly appreciate hearing your thoughts on this important issue.

Like you, I have always been an advocate for Second Amendment rights. My family, like the great state of North Carolina, has a long tradition of hunting and gun ownership, and I take great pride in that heritage. During my tenure in the North Carolina Senate I continuously supported the responsible use of firearms. As your United States Senator, I will continue working to protect these fundamental, constitutional rights while opposing onerous restrictions on gun ownership.

As you may know, the Federal Assault Weapons Ban provision of the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994 expired in September of 2004. While I understand the concerns of those who do not wish to see it renewed, I do support its reauthorization. During my tenure in the North Carolina Senate, I considered crime prevention a top priority. In discussing this issue with law enforcement officials across the state, they told me this law has been an important tool in preventing crime and keeping our streets safe. National police organizations such as the International Association of Chiefs of Police, the International Brotherhood of Police Officers, and the Fraternal Order of Police have all expressed support for the ban.

Again, thank you for contacting my office. It is truly an honor to represent North Carolina in the United States Senate, and I hope you will not hesitate to contact me in the future should you have any further questions or concerns.
    Sincerely,

Kay R. Hagan
    United States Senator, North Carolina
    NRA, GOA, GRNC member
    "Both the oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms."
    - Aristotle

2. Remove Ads

Since when do laws STOP crime? I'm confused?
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Write her back and simply say:

"Thank you for the prompt reply. I will not be voting for you again. Have a good day."

Senior Member Array PointnClick's Avatar
    Well said, Dawg...
    "Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

Actually I did write her back. I told her that as well as that I would ensure that anyone I could get the info to would learn of her position on this.
    NRA, GOA, GRNC member
    "Both the oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms."
    - Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    Since when do laws STOP crime? I'm confused?
    Actually, if you think about it, Laws cause Crime. If there is no law against something, it isn't a crime, but if the legislature passes a law, then what was legal before becomes a illegal.

Her answer was pure and simple...

She didn't hear a word you wrote.

She said: "...I considered crime prevention a top priority."
    Doing what to control criminals?

"...In discussing this issue with law enforcement officials across the state, they told me this law has been an important tool in preventing crime and keeping our streets safe."
    How does taking weapons (of any type) from victims make them safer?

I'll bet she hates those dangerous 'shrouds', too!

And these idiots get paid to spew out this toro feces?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    What did you expect from a democrat?
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

is she hot?

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar
    It would be less inflamatory to respond;

While the law enforcement agencies may support the ban, the statistcs after 10 years of an AWB do not support it as having been affective legislation. I would encourage you to spend your valuable and possibly limited time in office to deal with imporant issues facing us in these troubling times like balancing the budget, the current economic instability, and the war on terror.
    "Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

Who is John Galt?

Senior Member Array Sportsterguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by purpledragon View Post
    I wrote to Senator Hagan (D-NC) concerning the possibility of a new AWB and this is the reply I received:

May 12, 2009
    Dear Friend,

Thank you for contacting me regarding the Federal Assault Weapons Ban. I greatly appreciate hearing your thoughts on this important issue.

Like you, I have always been an advocate for Second Amendment rights. My family, like the great state of North Carolina, has a long tradition of hunting and gun ownership, and I take great pride in that heritage. During my tenure in the North Carolina Senate I continuously supported the responsible use of firearms. As your United States Senator, I will continue working to protect these fundamental, constitutional rights while opposing onerous restrictions on gun ownership.

As you may know, the Federal Assault Weapons Ban provision of the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994 expired in September of 2004. While I understand the concerns of those who do not wish to see it renewed, I do support its reauthorization. During my tenure in the North Carolina Senate, I considered crime prevention a top priority. In discussing this issue with law enforcement officials across the state, they told me this law has been an important tool in preventing crime and keeping our streets safe. National police organizations such as the International Association of Chiefs of Police, the International Brotherhood of Police Officers, and the Fraternal Order of Police have all expressed support for the ban.

Again, thank you for contacting my office. It is truly an honor to represent North Carolina in the United States Senate, and I hope you will not hesitate to contact me in the future should you have any further questions or concerns.
    Sincerely,

Kay R. Hagan
    United States Senator, North Carolina
    I received the same canned response!! Wrote back expressing my displeasure and told she WILL NOT receive my vote or my hundreds of shooting comrades. Also asked for a personal reponse to my letter. Find it insulting myself.

VOTE HER OUT!!
    Sportsterguy-NRA Life Member

Molon Labe!

Join the NRA today, or don't complain when your guns are taken away!

JNC
    Wow you got a response.

I've contacted her office at least 10 times and have never heard back from anyone.

Does this surprise you that she supports the AWB? I've started calling her office on a regular basis to voice my displeasure in her stance on any number of issues. I guess I've got something else to call about today :)

Often I think it's an excercise in futility, but I hold onto a shred of hope that I will be a big enough pain in her arse that she will think about her votes. And if nothing else I gain the satisfaction of letting her know her left leaning stances are out of touch with most of NC.

Links