Fight the Anti-Gun Bills in NY State Legislature!

This is a discussion on Fight the Anti-Gun Bills in NY State Legislature! within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; On April 28th, the New York State Assembly passed a package of bills intended to take away the rights of law abiding gun owners. In ...

Thread: Fight the Anti-Gun Bills in NY State Legislature!

Fight the Anti-Gun Bills in NY State Legislature!

On April 28th, the New York State Assembly passed a package of bills intended to take away the rights of law abiding gun owners. In the past, the Senate Republicans have stopped those bills from coming to the Senate Floor.

I need your help to show the New York City bosses that taking away the rights of law-abiding gun owners doesn't solve their criminal gun violence problems.

Please sign this e-petition so that I can take it to Albany and show our strength to my colleagues in the Senate.

LINK

2. Remove Ads

Done, I also sent this e-mail to Senator Alesi:

To the Honorable Senator Alesi

My name is Jeff McSpadden, I live at 32 Van Olinda St, Rochester, NY 14621 and I am a law abiding resident of New York and I am a Concealed Carry Permit holder.

It has come to my attention that the New York State legislature is going out of there way to limit or remove my right to self-defense and attack the Second Amendment of the United States Constitution.

My main concern is the complete lack of thought and care with which several bills are being passed in the Legislature. Also I am very disappointed to see there are absolutely NO crime deterrent laws being passed with such enthusiasm.

Specifically Assembly Bill 6468 would ban the sale of all semi-automatic handguns not equipped with so-called Micro-stamping technology. The Companion Bill to A6468 is Senate Bill 4397. Micro-stamping is an unproven technology that would require unique identifying information from the firearm, including the make, model, and serial number to be etched into the firing pin and breech face in such a manner that those identifiers are imprinted on the cartridge case upon firing. The technology can easily be defeated with common household tools, has no public safety value, and adds substantially to the cost of the firearm.

If S4397 is passed, it will become ILLEGAL to sell or transfer any semi-automatic pistol that is not capable of micro stamping. This would mean that any semi-automatic handgun that you currently own could never be sold or transferred in New York. This would ban the sale of used semi-automatic handguns without the technology and would prohibit estates from bequeathing semi-automatic handguns that do not include micro-stamping technology.

No manufacturers currently incorporate micro-stamping technology in their firearms, which would result in a de facto ban on all semi-automatic handguns in New York if this legislation passes.

Assembly Bill 1093 would impose new restrictions on licensed dealers and require retailers to obtain liability insurance against the possibility of a crime being committed with a firearm any time after it is legally sold. The companion Bill to A1093 is Senate Bill 1715. Is the legislature going to impose liability insurance on Car Dealers if a drunk driver kills someone with a car after the vehicle is legally sold?

Assembly Bill 801A would require five year renewals on pistol licenses. Its companion Bill is senate Bill 1598. New York State all ready requires licensed Pistol owners to “renew” there license every three years. This Bill is a complete waste of time and money.

Assembly Bill 1326 would outlaw any handgun that is “Capable” of being fired by anyone under five years of age or younger, How is this bill going to deter crime? Does the Legislature realize that more children are Four times more likely to burn to death or drown?
    • 17 times more likely to be poisoned,
    • 19 times more likely to fall, and
    • 53 times more likely to die in an automobile accident

Assembly Bill 2882 would expand the ballistic imaging program. This program has been in effect since 2002 and has cost the taxpayers of NYS over 30 million dollars. As of today this program has not solved one single crime. The State of Maryland tried a similar program. Maryland abandoned the program because of the cost and it’s complete failure to solve any crime. Also consider how easy it is to remove or replace the firing pin and barrel of most handguns, thereby rendering the program useless. Here is a very good article of the CoBIS program, for your review: CoBIS or GUN DNA:A waste of millions of dollars, a waste of police manpower.

Assembly Bill 3211A would outlaw .50 caliber Firearms. What about the .50 caliber muzzle loaded firearms? The Black powder, muzzle loaded firearm has been around since the country was discovered? And is still used for sporting and hunting purposes. Americans have been long-distance target shooters since revolutionary times. According to period writings, Americans were shooting small targets at upwards of 150 yards using simple Kentucky Long Rifles and muskets. .50-caliber rifles are heavy. They weigh as much as 30 pounds and they are expensive ranging from $3,000 to $10,000 each, with ammunition costing $2-$5 for each round. .50 Caliber rifles are impossible to conceal, typically they are four feet long. They are usually single shot (slow to reload), and impractical for criminals to use.

On a side note, many Kentucky Rifles were in excess of .50 caliber, some measured out to .812 caliber but typically ranged from .60 to .75

There are several other bills on firearms that the Legislature is pushing through. All of them have nothing to do with crime deterrent? I will be watching this legislation closely and how you and your fellow Senators vote on these Bills. I will do my best to get the word out on how my Government is wasting my tax dollars.

Sincerely
    Jeff McSpadden
    McSpadden Heating & Cooling inc
    32 Van Olinda St
    Rochester, NY 14621
    585-467-****
    HAPPY NEW YEAR
    INFIDELS

Done
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

A New York representative, voices her opinion on the Midnight passage (with no review or discussion) of even more restrictive gun laws in New York.
    Very well put. Surprised that she got elected in New York, and applaud her for voicing her opinion.
    Kathleen Marchione comments on Gun Control Legislation in Senate Session - January 14, 2013 - YouTube
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Links