Rebuttal to Phoenix Paper on Carrying Guns in restaurants that serve Alcohol

This is a discussion on Rebuttal to Phoenix Paper on Carrying Guns in restaurants that serve Alcohol within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Here is the News Paper Link Gun bill an example of fast-food politics Here is my letter Dear Ed: I am responding to you article ...

Thread: Rebuttal to Phoenix Paper on Carrying Guns in restaurants that serve Alcohol

Rebuttal to Phoenix Paper on Carrying Guns in restaurants that serve Alcohol

Here is the News Paper Link

Gun bill an example of fast-food politics

Here is my letter

Dear Ed:

I am responding to you article in the Phoenix News dated June 11, 2009 regarding

“Gun bill an example of fast-food politics” Senate Bill 1113

From the tone of your article, I feel that you are against this bill and that the state of Arizona should leave everything as they stand. I disagree

It’s not about squeezing off rounds before breakfast. I CCW everywhere I go that is legal for me in the state of Arizona. I am allowed to carry concealed in any fast food chain in the state as long as alcohol is not served. What is really different from McDonald’s or an Applebee’s?

You may feel us CCW holders will get out of control and drink ourselves to the point that were are not capable of controlling our own actions and may shootout the eating establishment being in a drunken stupor. Why then is being allowed to drive my car to a restaurant where alcohol is served and being trusted to drive home?

There have been times in the past where criminals seek out “No Gun Zones” to commit their crimes against law abiding citizens. I am not talking about someone wanting to hold up the cashier and taking money. I am talking about the crazy gunman deciding to shoot and kill as many patrons as they can. I am not going to take the risk of protecting someone else’s money, their insured and the criminal can have it. What I am talking about is protection of life.

I don’t know if you research the requirements of carrying concealed, but I have to be “squeaky clean.” These are just a few of the requirements. I believe the list below gives the law enforcement agencies a look into my character.

1. I can never been convicted of DWI/DUI.

2. Never been convicted of a felony or a handful of misdemeanors.

3. Never been convicted of Domestic Violence or Assault.

4. Never been convicted for drugs, including marijuana.

5. I had to be finger printed, Pass State, Federal and FBI background checks.

If an establishment wants to post a sign “No Guns Allowed”, that’s fine. I will just go across the street to their competitors and spend my money there. Just let me have the ability to protect myself and my family if I decide to go out to eat. Since I am a law abiding citizen, I will not drink while I am carrying, just like I will not drive if I had too much to drink. I do obey the laws, the background criminal checks already prove that.

Thank You,

Marty
    "When the people fear the government you have tyranny...when the government fears the people you have liberty."

--Thomas Jefferson --

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Good letter and hope this gets passed.

Quote Originally Posted by mi2az View Post
    Here is the News Paper Link

Gun bill an example of fast-food politics

Here is my letter

Dear Ed:

I am responding to you article in the Phoenix News dated June 11, 2009 regarding

“Gun bill an example of fast-food politics” Senate Bill 1113

From the tone of your article, I feel that you are against this bill and that the state of Arizona should leave everything as they stand. I disagree

It’s not about squeezing off rounds before breakfast. I CCW everywhere I go that is legal for me in the state of Arizona. I am allowed to carry concealed in any fast food chain in the state as long as alcohol is not served. What is really different from McDonald’s or an Applebee’s?

You may feel us CCW holders will get out of control and drink ourselves to the point that were are not capable of controlling our own actions and may shootout the eating establishment being in a drunken stupor. Why then is being allowed to drive my car to a restaurant where alcohol is served and being trusted to drive home?

There have been times in the past where criminals seek out “No Gun Zones” to commit their crimes against law abiding citizens. I am not talking about someone wanting to hold up the cashier and taking money. I am talking about the crazy gunman deciding to shoot and kill as many patrons as they can. I am not going to take the risk of protecting someone else’s money, their insured and the criminal can have it. What I am talking about is protection of life.

I don’t know if you research the requirements of carrying concealed, but I have to be “squeaky clean.” These are just a few of the requirements. I believe the list below gives the law enforcement agencies a look into my character.

1. I can never been convicted of DWI/DUI.

2. Never been convicted of a felony or a handful of misdemeanors.

3. Never been convicted of Domestic Violence or Assault.

4. Never been convicted for drugs, including marijuana.

5. I had to be finger printed, Pass State, Federal and FBI background checks.

If an establishment wants to post a sign “No Guns Allowed”, that’s fine. I will just go across the street to their competitors and spend my money there. Just let me have the ability to protect myself and my family if I decide to go out to eat. Since I am a law abiding citizen, I will not drink while I am carrying, just like I will not drive if I had too much to drink. I do obey the laws, the background criminal checks already prove that.

Thank You,

Marty
    Great reply.. Post up when and if he reply's to you..

Fantastic . who can argue with that .

I sent off a email to Ed Montini too,. Everyone that is from Arizona should do that same. Maybe if this guy get's enough emails he may change his tune,. God only knows.. .

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar
    Marty...fellow Tennesseeans feel your pain. It took over 10 years and most recently a vote in the House to over-ride the Governor's veto to pass a similiar bill.

I wrote similiar notes to the paper and local news stations, because it was reported as the "Guns in Bars" bill. It goes into effect July 14th and the news media has already predicted Tennessee will revert to the wild west as all us permit holders sit at Applebee's with a few drinks and pull our weapon on the 1st guy that bumps into us or if we get served a bad meal.

I'm sorry you are having to endure this frustration, but be preparred for a battle.

Distinguished Member Array MinistrMalic's Avatar
    Well written Marty. Let us know if you get a reply.
    "...whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." (Luke 22:36)
    Christianity and Self Defense from a Biblical Perspective

He got a reply,.. Posted on a different thread.. Didn't copy and paste..

You mentioned the random, mass shootings (like Luby's) which have occurred in restaurants but there is another reason with just as much significance: Parking lots are frequent crime scenes. Going from the restaurant to your car after a late night dinner can be very dangerous.

I want to be armed for this walk to & from the parking lot; I don't want to have to leave my gun in the car.

Colorado allows you to both carry and drink alcohol in bars & restaurants. There has not been one incident in a bar or restaurant involving a CHL holder since shall issue was enacted in 2003.
    An armed populace are called citizens.
    An unarmed populace are called subjects.

Links