GOT A RESPONSE !!! ( Rebuttal to Phoenix Paper on Carrying Guns in restaurants that s

This is a discussion on GOT A RESPONSE !!! ( Rebuttal to Phoenix Paper on Carrying Guns in restaurants that s within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I sent a response to his email. I moved here from Michigan about 3 years ago. Other states have the ability to carry in restaurants ...

Thread: GOT A RESPONSE !!! ( Rebuttal to Phoenix Paper on Carrying Guns in restaurants that s

GOT A RESPONSE !!! ( Rebuttal to Phoenix Paper on Carrying Guns in restaurants that s

I sent a response to his email.

I moved here from Michigan about 3 years ago. Other states have the ability to carry in restaurants that serve alcohol, including Michigan, Florida and a handful of other states and most are not posting signs. It may well be a "feel good" law, but this is one that has been introduced before and Arizona and restaurants can look to other states that a policy like this is not harmful to business or safety.

Other restaurants and business establishments in Arizona do not post signs of "No Guns". I believe if it was an issue, then Burger King would also have one.

Your right, they can post a sign and it would be my choice or not to eat in that establishment. But at least I would know it was their policy and not Arizona's. As a group, CCW holders may be able to change the restaurants policy by taking our dollars else where.

Again

Thank You

Marty
    Surprise AZ

----------------------------------------------------------------
    His Response
    ----------------
    To: mgalison@hotmail.com
    Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 11:38:11 -0700
    Subject: RE: Response to "Gun bill an example of fast-food politics"

Thanks for your note.

Actually, I am not opposed to the bill. I'm opposed to wastes of time, which it appears to be. This simply is feel-good legislation for the NRA. We pass a law that says weapons are permitted in restaurants but in reality my guess is that you will not be permitted to do so since just about every restaurant in the state most probably will simply place signs at the door preventing it. So, really, how is this law of any use?

Ed Montini
    "When the people fear the government you have tyranny...when the government fears the people you have liberty."

--Thomas Jefferson --

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Good e-mail You send back to the reply You got. Keep up the good fight.

Ask him to support his assumption. Sounds like the assumptions that blood will flow in the streets, return to the Wild West, yadda, yadda, yadda. Other businesses apparently haven't posted signs en masse, why should restaurants? Alcohol is available in other avenues besides restaurants and it hasn't been a problem.

I still haven't got a response..

Maybe send a copy of the article from Florida I believe, where a gunman came into Burger King, tried to rob the place with a .380 and was outgunned by a patron with a bigger pistol and permit to carry it.

That should be reason enough to want to go armed into any fast food restaurant.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Fast food isnt' the issue here.. I don't know of any fast food we cannot carry into,. It is just the restaurants that serve alcohol for consumption on premises that we're not allowed to carry. We're hoping to change that soon.. :-)

Carry in restaurants that serve alcohol here in Florida has never been a problem. We can keep it concealed, even have a beer with dinner (it's a choice), and there have been no 'Wild West Shootouts'...

Keep plugging away...hope it's eventually allowed in AZ.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

IF it's a non-issue, then pass the law and then he'll know for sure if they post or not.

Ask him if he really believes that it being against the law to carry in a restaurant is going to stop anyone who wants to carry a firearm inside to commit murder or armed robbery. Does he really think the bad guy is going to stop at the door and say, "I can't bring my gun in there because it is against the law". In the VA legislative debate on restaurant carry, one pro-gun state senator asked an anti-gun senator "are you really that stupid?"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    Maybe send a copy of the article from Florida I believe, where a gunman came into Burger King, tried to rob the place with a .380 and was outgunned by a patron with a bigger pistol and permit to carry it.

That should be reason enough to want to go armed into any fast food restaurant.
    Lubby's Cafeteria Massacre anyone?

YouTube - Suzanna Gratia Hupp explains meaning of 2nd Amendment!
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

I would write him back and challenge him to put those views into an article the public could read in the paper he works for.

Then we could all see how strong his convictions really were.......
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

Find out if he's against a CCer consuming alcohol in a restaurant(understandable) or just being in the restaurant and NOT drinking.
    I think you'll find many of these people use the presence of alcohol as a convenient cover for the fact they don't want carry(open or concealed) anywhere PERIOD.
    "The right of the whole people, old and young, men, women and boys, and not militia only, to keep and bear arms of every description, not such merely as are used by the militia, shall not be infringed, curtailed, or broken in upon, in the smallest degree..."
    Nunn v. State GA 1848

Links