Guns in parks proposal signed by governor

This is a discussion on Guns in parks proposal signed by governor within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; WBIR.com | Knoxville, TN | Guns in parks proposal signed by governor A proposal to allow handguns to be carried in city or county parks ...

Thread: Guns in parks proposal signed by governor

WBIR.com | Knoxville, TN | Guns in parks proposal signed by governor

A proposal to allow handguns to be carried in city or county parks in Tennessee has been signed by the governor.
    Democratic Gov. Phil Bredesen signed the measure Friday and it will take effect Sept. 1.

On Thursday, the House sponsor said he was abandoning the provision in exchange for Bredesen's commitment not to veto a separate bill about weapons in restaurants.

But the Senate sponsor, Republican Mae Beavers of Mt. Juliet, said there was never an agreement.

Last month, Bredesen vetoed a bill to allow guns to be carried in bars and restaurants that serve alcohol. That veto was overwhelmingly overridden in both chambers of the Legislature.

Well this is neat!!!!!!

HKR
    I'm suprised, honestly. I thought when his attempted dealings were made public he would veto this and hope the legislators were ready to go home for the year.

Well, Tn gets restaurants and state parks this year. I don't include city/county parks because I believe by the time this goes into effect every city and county will have an ordinance in place prohibiting carry.

All in all I would say a very productive session. The people of Tn got expanded rights, the idiot gov got his but handed to him at least once, and most importantly, in my opinion, we see that there are some Reps and Senators in Tn who are looking to keep their jobs.

The gov also sign the bill letting TN hcp posses rifle or shotgun in there vehicle along side the ammo that can be loaded for self defence purposes.

YEAH !!!!

VIP Member
    A big bravo. !! I went to a prk in Nashville last week and had to unload my gun before entering... Tn is catching up.......
    Prepare for the worst and hope it never happens

The downside is the law is a "opt in" Don't think for one minute they'll open very many if any parks...at least in large metro areas.
    Fibbing Phil Bredesen...our governor. Lied about supporting pro 2nd admendment bills to get the NRAs endorsement...then vetoes the big one...restaurant and once that veto is overridden, throw a fit and threatens to veto ALL gun related bills unless the parks carry bill isn't changed to block local parks unless opened by local govs.

He's a worthless leftist pig sucking up to his master to get a cabinet position.
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

Sponsored Links