23 State Attorneys General To Attorney General Holder: "No Semi-Auto Ban"

This is a discussion on 23 State Attorneys General To Attorney General Holder: "No Semi-Auto Ban" within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Dang it, Maine isn't there. The 27 others certainly are wimps....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 23 State Attorneys General To Attorney General Holder: "No Semi-Auto Ban"

Dang it, Maine isn't there. The 27 others certainly are wimps.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member

AWB was not a ban on semi autos

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Crunch View Post
    Uh, hello, where have you been?

The Clinton AWB, enacted in 1994, expired in 2004.

Federal Assault Weapons Ban - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

--------------------------------------------------------

I knew Montana's AG would be on the list.
    Captain, I posted as I did because the AWB was not specifically a ban on semi autos. Plenty of semi autos were sold during the time when the AWB was in place. I purchased semi-autos during that period.

I don't mean to nit pick, but I thought the letter to Holder should have referenced a desire to not reinstate the AWB. The way the content of the original post was worded made it seem as if there had been some previous general ban on semi-autos, which is clearly not the case.

I'm disappointed, but not surprised, to see that Virginia isn't on the list. With the DNC Chairman and arch-gungrabber as Governor, and AG Mims (R) only having taken office in February.
    - Tom
    You have the power to donate life.

VIP Member
    Well, as an Arizona resident of 25-years, I'm also disappointed that we're not on the list.

Anyway, in usual liberal fashion, the supporters of this bill simply want to ban a gun based solely on its appearance while assuming that criminals will stop committing crimes? Please fellow members; vote these idiots out of office in 2010.
    Regards,
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Quote Originally Posted by sigmanluke View Post
    Way to go AG Shurtleff from UTAH! He will be receiving an e-mail from me thanking him.
    Oregon's not on the list. Kroger and Kulongoski are going to be getting a letter from me, as well, chiding them on their pro-criminal, anti-citizen leanings.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    Hey I didnt see Illinois on the list..........
    Prepare for the worst and hope it never happens

well at least now we know where all the other AGs stand.....
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Captain, I posted as I did because the AWB was not specifically a ban on semi autos. Plenty of semi autos were sold during the time when the AWB was in place. I purchased semi-autos during that period.
    Absolutely correct. No one has seriously suggested a ban on semi automatic weapons. It is not even in the discussion. This type of paranoia is not helpful. I am glad that the Arizona attorney general was not fooled into supporting this irrelevant nonsense.

Oh wait! There is a black helicopter circling my house. No way! I can see the pilot has a tin foil hat on his head.

I don't mean to nit pick, but I thought the letter to Holder should have referenced a desire to not reinstate the AWB. The way the content of the original post was worded made it seem as if there had been some previous general ban on semi-autos, which is clearly not the case.
    The fact is there is no support in Congress for reinstating the AWB.

Much ado about nothing.

Thank you AG McCollum! I just sent an e-mail to him, although now I'm wondering whether I used the wrong e-amil form. It seems that contact info is geared towards making a complaint - oh well, I'm sure they won't mind a compliment rather than a "I'VE BEEN SCAMMED HELP ME" e-mail for once

Quote Originally Posted by SelfDefense View Post
    Absolutely correct. No one has seriously suggested a ban on semi automatic weapons. It is not even in the discussion. This type of paranoia is not helpful. I am glad that the Arizona attorney general was not fooled into supporting this irrelevant nonsense.

Oh wait! There is a black helicopter circling my house. No way! I can see the pilot has a tin foil hat on his head.
    Perhaps you may want to read the letter:
    we do not believe that restricting law-abiding Americans' access to certain semi-automatic firearms will resolve any of these problems
    It is unfortunate that your AG was unable to sign this common-sense letter in time. To deny that there was a past AWB is "nonsense."

Distinguished Member Array lacrosse50's Avatar
    The Ohio AG is also not on the list. I'll just have to draft a note up and send it out.
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
    -Herbert Spencer

NRA Life Member

"Irrelevant nonsense." Hm.

It was on the Administration's platform, for the 2008 election. It was the crux of the 1994 AWB. It's the centerpiece of the repeated calls for renewal and tightening of the AWB. "Semi-Auto" was and is the major element that affects so many. And, should it expand to the degree some suggest, it'll affect millions more. Many have, quite literally, been deadly serious in their calls for the damned thing to be resurrected.

Paranoia? Uh, no. Simple fact.

As the saying goes: When did Noah build the ark? Before the flood.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Where is MY AG's name. what an idiot we have in Ohio
    God invented cops so that firemen could have heroes too!

Quote Originally Posted by Saber View Post
    Well, as an Arizona resident of 25-years, I'm also disappointed that we're not on the list.

Anyway, in usual liberal fashion, the supporters of this bill simply want to ban a gun based solely on its appearance while assuming that criminals will stop committing crimes? Please fellow members; vote these idiots out of office in 2010.
    Regards,
    I'm with you brother. I just hope enough people take the time to vote when it's time. It's important. If we can muster the votes to overwhelm them and they still don't listen, then it's time to think about other ways to make them listen. Those protests we had a little bit ago got good response but could have been better. So take the time off work to go to one of these things and tell the boss the reason so he can decide whether or not to go with you. It's that important. No more letting somebody else do it. We all do it. Vote, call, write, show up at events, etc. Dig?

Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Saber View Post
    Anyway, in usual liberal fashion, the supporters of this bill simply want to ban a gun based solely on its appearance while assuming that criminals will stop committing crimes?
    What bill? Can you direct me to the text of this proposed legislation?

Please fellow members; vote these idiots out of office in 2010.
    You mean the people who did not vote to extend the AWB?

It is paranoia when people make up fears so as to form an opinion based on events that have not happened.

No ban on semi automatic weapons bill. No ban on automatic weapons bill. Exactly what is the issue?

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Where are the North Eastern states?
    NH is there. Not sure why VT or ME aren't. MA I can understand, sorry JAT40.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links