Finally; email response from my Dem' rep re CCW in N'parks

This is a discussion on Finally; email response from my Dem' rep re CCW in N'parks within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I might have to watch this lady closer. I called her DC office when the credit card bill passed the Senate and moved to the ...

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar

I might have to watch this lady closer. I called her DC office when the credit card bill passed the Senate and moved to the House. I knew she was one of the Dem's who wrote and signed the letter opposing a new AWB so I was pretty confident we'd have her support on Coburn's ammendment. More proof (as much as it pains me to admitt it) that being a registered Dem doesn't automatically mean anti-gun:

Thank you for sharing your concerns regarding the regulation of concealed weapons in our national parks. I appreciate your interest in the issues facing our country and state, and I am glad for the opportunity to respond.

With regard to the Coburn Amendment to the Credit Cardholder's Bill of Rights (H.R. 627), on May 20, 2009, I voted in favor of the amendment and the underlying bill. President Obama signed H.R. 627 into law on May 22, 2009. I support Second Amendment rights and believe that we must take a balanced approach when addressing the problem of gun safety in the United States. I support efforts to keep guns out of the hands of felons and small children so long as it can be done with minimal interference to the great majority of responsible, adult gun owners. If Americans can legally and responsibly possess firearms in their state, it makes no sense to bar them from passing through national parks while in possession of a firearm. It is important to bring consistency and common sense to state and federal laws regarding gun possession.

I will continue working with my colleagues to bring balance to the gun debate, adequately reflecting the rights of responsible gun owners while seeking to safeguard our families and communities from those who abuse their gun ownership rights. I will work to address national crime issues in a balanced way rather than focus on restrictions that do not address the underlying causes.

I encourage you to continue to contact me about the issues that are important to you. Please feel free to visit my website (U.S. Rep. Betsy Markey) where you can share your ideas with me, learn about the services I can provide to you, and sign up for my periodic email updates on what I am doing to help Colorado's 4th District.
    (sorry mods if ya think this should have been tacked on to the old National Parks carry threads...)
    "Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

Who is John Galt?

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    I like her.
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

Wow! That made sense...and from a politician, no less.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Distinguished Member Array Elk Hunter's Avatar
    Well, well, well

Links