Obama and congress pushing through bans on guns and gun shows - Page 2

Obama and congress pushing through bans on guns and gun shows

This is a discussion on Obama and congress pushing through bans on guns and gun shows within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; That is a piece of the same letter already running here: http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...gun-shows.html Nothing new and just a ploy to stir the pot again. How about ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar
    That is a piece of the same letter already running here:
    http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...gun-shows.html

Nothing new and just a ploy to stir the pot again. How about a bill number for the supposed legislation "Obama" is pushing through?

Where did Holder say:
    Attorney General Eric Holder is saying that the president will seek to reinstate the ban on semi-automatic firearms
    I want a link to the newspaper article, or whom he said it to, or the video clip.

folks need to quit playing the pro 2A crowd for fools and start providing facts.

This is just more stirring of the pot to get memberships, increase donations, drive up gun prices, and prolong the ammo shortage.
    "Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerinWstuff View Post

Nothing new and just a ploy to stir the pot again. How about a bill number for the supposed legislation "Obama" is pushing through?

Where did Holder say:

I want a link to the newspaper article, or whom he said it to, or the video clip.

folks need to quit playing the pro 2A crowd for fools and start providing facts.

This is just more stirring of the pot to get memberships, increase donations, drive up gun prices, and prolong the ammo shortage.
    Yep, and people keep blaming Obama for rushes on guns and ammo. Who needs him to start a panic when you've got irresponsible elements within the pro gun movement to do it for him?

No significant anti-gun legislation will pass in the first two years of this administration -- the numbers aren't there. In fact, the Democrats will have to fight to keep any more pro gun legislation from passing. And it's unlikely that any will pass in his first term.

That stupid U.N. treaty that keeps being brought up is even more ridiculous. It didn't come close to passing under Clinton and the current Senate would be even more hostile to it. It's pie in the sky for globalists, a pipe dream regardless of your view on guns. Forget about it.

JD
    Administrator

Where did Holder say:

Obama to Seek New Assault Weapons Ban - ABC News

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar
    Thanks JD.

But the story you linked was dated Feb 25th. Maybe that's the same point you were making with your 1st post in this thread re, "nothing new here"? And I guess that's the same thing I'm saying. What is this new email/newsvine letter being based on? Sounds like more hysteria and hype to me. I agree with torgo; any antigun legislation prior to the midterm would be a tough sell.
    "Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

Who is John Galt?

JD
    Administrator
    Thanks JD.

But the story you linked was dated Feb 25th. Maybe that's the same point you were making with your 1st post in this thread re, "nothing new here"? And I guess that's the same thing I'm saying. What is this new email/newsvine letter being based on? Sounds like more hysteria and hype to me. I agree with torgo; any antigun legislation prior to the midterm would be a tough sell.
    Probably the same article, you know how forwards are.

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Probably the same article, you know how forwards are.
    I said it in another forum, it's amazing how the internet is frequently used to pass along information slower than the pony express.

Newbie Remarks!

Hype, Hysteria, Panick, not going to be concerned until two years are in the books, call it what you want but please know,

Truth is,
    We are now getting first hand experience, to some degree, of what it is like to live under a Regime instead of an Administration! Tyranny is Back and your Gun is almost Gone!

And so is the Gun Show, that is why I am going to one tomorrow!

JBozeman
    Boze
    "If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to, this is the last stand on earth." Ronald Reagan

"Gentlemen, Prepare to defend yourselves" SGM Basil Plumley

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Jackle1886 View Post
    Is anyone surprised??
    Actually there are a lot of gullible voters that will be surprised with that bit of news. Many are gun owners and I believe a few of them are in this forum.
    I am not one of them. I made myself aware of his actions during the last ten years or so and could see through his rhetoric and lies.

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

My Nana just forwarded this to me. Seems like the Senate is already backing gun control legislation:
    GUN CONTROL BILL PASSED IN SENATE
    Crime should be outlawed.

Yep, and people keep blaming Obama for rushes on guns and ammo. Who needs him to start a panic when you've got irresponsible elements within the pro gun movement to do it for him?

No significant anti-gun legislation will pass in the first two years of this administration -- the numbers aren't there. In fact, the Democrats will have to fight to keep any more pro gun legislation from passing. And it's unlikely that any will pass in his first term

Excellent post. The run on guns, ammo and reloading components is being driven by rumors, lies and distortions being put out by gun show promoters and guns stores, taken as gospel by the uninformed and spread all over the internet.

Pelosi and Reid are aware that any attempt at gun control will fracture their party in the house and senate. Pelosi and Reid have bigger fish to fry than gun control. BTW: Reid is rated B by the NRA.

Quote Originally Posted by narcberry View Post
    My Nana just forwarded this to me. Seems like the Senate is already backing gun control legislation:
    GUN CONTROL BILL PASSED IN SENATE
    That's awesome. And the sad thing is, I bet you'd get a pretty big chunk of people to fall for it if you started emailing it around.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links