new pro-gun Arizona bill.

This is a discussion on new pro-gun Arizona bill. within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; SB1270: AZ gov. link SB 1270 is an Arizona constitutional carry bill that has been introduced in the Senate. It essentially would remove the current ...

Thread: new pro-gun Arizona bill.

new pro-gun Arizona bill.

SB1270:
    AZ gov. link

SB 1270 is an Arizona constitutional carry bill that has been introduced in the Senate. It essentially would remove the current requirement to have a CCW permit when carrying a concealed weapon unless you're a prohibited possessor or are in the process of committing a serious criminal offense as defined in 13-706 or a violent crime as defined in 13-901.03. It would also remove the current problem of people being cited for concealed carry without a permit when open carrying in their car. Open Carry would of course remain as is, no requirement for any permit either.

It would still allow people to get a CCW permit if they choose to in order to gain certain additional benefits such as reciprocity granted by other States that don't yet have constitutional carry laws, or to carry in current restricted areas under specific conditions, such as to carry onto school grounds while dropping off or picking up a child. It would of course be optimal to remove all existing restrictions on bearing arms anyplace we are legally allowed to be, but that would likely be too large of a first step in our legislature as it would face strong opposition.

Alaska & Vermont already respect constitutional carry. Hopefully more & more states will continue with this trend of removing infringements on our right to keep & bear arms.

An easy way to contact your representatives to let them know you support this bill is through this NRA sponsored gateway.

2. Remove Ads

Welcome...

from Central Florida!

A great idea...hope it can be done in all 50!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Ok Rocky,. From what Dustin is saying, this passed on the 19th... I cannot confirm it like we talked about last night, but he is normally right (or close to it)....

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    so the country is getting socialized and most states are passing pro gun laws... sounds like states know something we do not and our getting their people ready just in case we have to take back our soil from traitors in congress and senate and president.

To the ATF agent reading this, I am not promoting this at all, simply using my freedom of observation and speculation.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by tangoseal View Post
    so the country is getting socialized and most states are passing pro gun laws... sounds like states know something we do not and our getting their people ready just in case we have to take back our soil from traitors in congress and senate and president.

To the ATF agent reading this, I am not promoting this at all, simply using my freedom of observation and speculation.

I thought we lost our freedoms with the patriot act. all they have to do is say, "I have a feeling in my gut that you are a terriost" Then its been nice knowing you....
    "When the people fear the government you have tyranny...when the government fears the people you have liberty."

--Thomas Jefferson --

VIP Member
    Would be wonderful to see this all over the country, although I can't imagine that California will be that enlightened.

Links