Gun Control: What is the Agenda

This is a discussion on Gun Control: What is the Agenda within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Wanna get rid of the guns? Then get rid of the evil in this world. Until the evil is gone, there will always be a ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gun Control: What is the Agenda

Senior Moderator
    Wanna get rid of the guns?

Then get rid of the evil in this world.

Until the evil is gone, there will always be a need for guns.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by SelfDefense View Post
    This is exactly right. Virtually all of the anti-gun people truly believe that society is better off without guns. They are right.
    WRONG!! They are all 100% WRONG! I agree with HotGuns. As long as there is evil there will be a need for guns. All anti self defense fanatics who think that guns are a problem have flawed reasoning. The world would be a far worst place without them. Guns are the great equalizer the only thing that makes a 90 pound 86 year old grandmother equal to a buffed 250 pound drug crazed predator. Guns do far more good than harm. Always have. Always will as long as the good out number the evil. Guns are used to save far more lives than they take. Guns prevent far more violent crime than they are used to create crime.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Senior Member Array PointnClick's Avatar
    LongRider sez...

Guns are the great equalizer the only thing that makes a 90 pound 86 year old grandmother equal to a buffed 250 pound drug crazed predator.
    Gotta go with LongRider on this... in a world without guns, that 250 lb drug-addled predator would be wielding a knife or an axe handle, and even if Grandma was similarly armed, she wouldn't have a prayer...

A .38 snubbie at least gives her a chance...
    "Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

This is something that I have always wondered. What if the President who ever it is and the attorney general appointed by the President simply decided to take guns away no matter what the supreme court says. Do you think there would really be enough people to hold him to account. The legislature could always move to impeach him but what is to make him comply. It is a similar scenario Honduras is facing. I have no doubt the world would condemn any actions by our military to arrest him and I am not sure there would be enough organization to even do it. For those who say this could never happen here there are plenty of examples where people thought the same about their country including pre-WWII Germany, and for a more recent example Hugo Chavez repealing the term limits so he can stay in power. All it takes is someone charismatic and ruthless enough to do it.

^ At that stage, you are looking more at "insurgents" shutting down interstate trucking, rail and some (all, if possible)air traffic, as well as gas and power, into the major metropolitan areas, leaving them to burn, occupying enforcing branches to deal with the urban conflict.

The coastal areas then have to legitimize their authority, and seek food and forces from overseas.

VIP Member

What history teaches

Quote Originally Posted by natticarry View Post
    This is something that I have always wondered. What if the President who ever it is and the attorney general appointed by the President simply decided to take guns away no matter what the supreme court says. Do you think there would really be enough people to hold him to account. The legislature could always move to impeach him but what is to make him comply. It is a similar scenario Honduras is facing. I have no doubt the world would condemn any actions by our military to arrest him and I am not sure there would be enough organization to even do it. For those who say this could never happen here there are plenty of examples where people thought the same about their country including pre-WWII Germany, and for a more recent example Hugo Chavez repealing the term limits so he can stay in power. All it takes is someone charismatic and ruthless enough to do it.
    It could happen, but typically it is not a sitting president who seizes power but an unruly military. There is no way to predict what might happen in the scenario you gave because there is no way to know how the military and the police departments would react.

I think we have come close, once for sure, and maybe twice.

Its not that simple ...

The gun control issue has many different facets. The major ones seem to be:

1) Some folks are frightened by weapons - neurotic.

2) Many more folks simply are ignorant of firearms - they have never fired one or owned one. They take the position that they don't "need" a gun and will never have one. Since they do not have a gun - no one should have one.

3) Some folks favor gun control because it fits their "self-image". these people consider themselves to be liberal and tolerant - but more likely are intolerant and narrow-minded.

4) Some folks favor gun control because it fits with their political alliances - i.e., I will support gun control if you support my cause or special interest. Most of these are Democrats - but some may be independents with a favorite issue that is supported by Democrats.

5) Some folks live in a world that exists only in their own minds. This is a world where it is possible to eliminate all weapons and associated aggression. The place to start is gun control. These people are dangerous.

6) Some politicians and political advocates support gun control because they see armed citizens as a threat to their agenda. Did you ever notice that politicians who favor a more powerful central goverment always promote gun control. Is this a coincidence?

So what can we gun owners do? On number 6 you can support and vote for politicians who favor freedom not government. Numbers 1, 3, 4, and 5 are lost causes. On number 2, you can take a gun-ignorant (but open-minded) friend to the range and let him/her take a few shots - preferably starting with the .22 revolver - not the .357 magnum snub. As we all know - guns are not scary - guns are fun. It even rhymes.

But bitchin' about it will not get us anywhere.

The historical perspective on the Sullivan law is pretty much spot on, add in the fact that they also wanted to be able to extort the rent from captive tenants and you have the perfect recipe for a criminal enterprise.

No matter what anyone says, you can trace the history of gun control, and it always ends up being touted and supported by some criminal enterprise, be it a government, or in the case of Big Jim Sullivan, a crime boss masquerading as a public servant.

Amazing how the more we look at this issue, the more we find our adversaries are pretty much the same......
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by PointnClick View Post
    A .38 snubbie at least gives her a chance...
    What amazes me is how pervasive the anti self defense fanatics propaganda is. That on a pro 2A forum folks would come right out and support the complete ban on guns making the asinine assertion that the world would be a better place without guns, is insane. That a pro 2A citizen believes that is true is beyond my comprehension and does not make any sense to me at all. That kind of thinking is what I would expect from a Brady Bunch anti self defense fanatic.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Quote Originally Posted by farronwolf View Post
    Sure they are, and I bet many here would be willing to donate the bullet.
    +1
    "The Beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." -Thomas Jefferson

"When loss of liberty is looming, as it is now The siren sounds first in the hearts of freedoms vanguard"- Heston
    NRA LIFE MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by natticarry View Post
    This is something that I have always wondered. What if the President who ever it is and the attorney general appointed by the President simply decided to take guns away no matter what the supreme court says. Do you think there would really be enough people to hold him to account.
    Yes, I think that the Pro 2 A folks would rally to the cause. I think there are too many who would not submit to that kind of tyranny.
    "Bad spellers of the world - untie!"

DAV Life member, NRA Life member

Springfield XD 9mm Sub-Compact
    Taurus PT111 Millennium Pro 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by gwhall57 View Post
    Yes, I think that the Pro 2 A folks would rally to the cause. I think there are too many who would not submit to that kind of tyranny.
    Most would submit. After submitting some would try to vote the politicians out of office. Others would go to court. I believe that neither one of these actions would work. Once taken a right is seldom fully restored.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    Most would submit. After submitting some would try to vote the politicians out of office. Others would go to court. I believe that neither one of these actions would work. Once taken a right is seldom fully restored.

Michael
    agreed
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

I think its reasonable to assume that any individual could have basically 2 reasons for wanting more gun control:

1. Control Itself - For the reason that it is easier to collect taxes from an unarmed rather than armed man and that the unarmed cannot resist the armed.
    2. Fear and/or Naivete - Guns are bad/dangerous/etc., no one should have them, so making them illegal will help the "problem".

Those in group 1 (wolves aka: politicians) are more than happy for those in group 2 (sheep)to advocate for group 1's cause without realizing it. If our "representatives" are able to hide behind the "will of the people" their naked aggression now has the Emperor's Clothes to put on.

Mel
    The Ethics of Liberty
    LewRockwell.com
    The Survival Podcast
    How long have we watered the Tree of Deceit with the blood of patriots?

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Sullivan laws and similar. I really think the folks who push these don't have hidden agendas. They just don't see the other side, the usefulness of a gun for self-defense, the usefulness of a gun for sporting purposes, or the usefulness of gun ownership as a hobby.

Fear is often an irrational emotion, and the anti- gun ownership/gun rights folks are driven by an irrational emotion--the fear that guns cause gun violence.

Now, sadly, too many bad things happen when BGs get their hands on guns, but BGs will get them no matter what--or use knives, or clubs, or nails, or whatever they can get their hands on. That's the part the other side just is not able to comprehend.
    +1

There are a % that do have a motive beyond the gun laws, but the same is true concerning a % who speak pro-gun.
    NRA Member
    S&W 642 (no-lock) with .38 Spl +P 135 GR Gold GDHP
    Glock G31 & G33 with .357 Sig 125 GR. SXT Winchester Ranger

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links