Some Florida Politicians have REAL GUTS!

Some Florida Politicians have REAL GUTS!

This is a discussion on Some Florida Politicians have REAL GUTS! within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; *THIS guy ought to run for Governor. Even if he's a Democ*RAT* ~GULP~ Hate to say it, but somebody THIS outspoken so as to go ...

Thread: Some Florida Politicians have REAL GUTS!

Exclamation Some Florida Politicians have REAL GUTS!

*THIS guy ought to run for Governor. Even if he's a Democ*RAT* ~GULP~ Hate to say it, but somebody THIS outspoken so as to go on the record on OFFICE LETTERHEAD deserves my support. Hope he's a 'Pubbie. Some of the guys he cc'd are some of the most virulent antigun anti-freedom idiots in this state. They must be foaming at the mouth! Read on:

OFFICE OF THE STATE ATTORNEY

March 20, 2006

Representative David Simmons, Chair
    Judiciary Committee
    1301 Capitol
    402 So. Monroe Street
    Tallahassee, Florida 32399

Dear Rep. Simmons:

Please share with the Judiciary Committee my support for HB 129.

In my more than 38 years experience in the Criminal Justice System, 18 as a prosecutor, lawfully armed citizens are rarely the problem in stranger on stranger encounters. To the contrary, armed citizens are able to protect themselves from becoming crime victims.

I personally know of three situations where women have prevented attacks upon themselves because they were lawfully carrying their pistols in their automobiles.

The first involved my daughter, who was assaulted in a supermarket parking lot late at night in Orlando. She was entering her car when accosted by a stranger whom she repelled with her pistol.

The next situation involved the wife of a close friend who was working as a nurse on the night shift. While returning home from work she stopped at a traffic light and a stranger jumped into her vehicle from the passenger side. She pulled her pistol and he promptly jumped back out.

The third case involves a current staff member of a Florida State Senator. She was returning home on a Friday night on a lonely highway. Two men in a pick-up truck followed her, pulled in front of her and tried to force her off the highway. She pulled out her pistol and displayed it to her assailants through a window; they promptly broke off their attack and fled.

All three of these women would undoubtedly have been raped and robbed, and possibly murdered had they not been carrying their pistols.

This is a public safety issue of the highest priority. Good citizens who are lawfully armed must be allowed to protect themselves. Women, especially going to and returning from work, often during the evening hours, are targets of opportunity for some of the most vicious and violent criminals who prowl our highways and roads, hunting for victims.

I do not know the FPAA position on this Bill, but as the State Attorney of the Seventh Judicial Circuit, I steadfastly support it. Because I am presently preparing for a six victim capital murder trial; I will not be present to personally speak in support of this bill. Please publish this letter and make it part of the record.

Respectfully,

JOHN TANNER
    State Attorney

JT:cf
    cc: Rep. J. C. Planas (Vice-Chair)( ), Rep. Kevin Ambler, Rep. Dennis Baxley, Rep. Fred Brummer, Rep. Anitere Flores, Rep. Michael Grant, Rep. Jeff Kottkamp, Rep. Sheri McInvale, Rep. Joe Pickens, Rep. Joe Pickens, Rep. Dennis Ross, Rep. Dan Gelber( ), Rep. Curtis Richardson, Rep. Jack Seiler
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Assistant Administrator
    Wow!! Just Wow!!

Get this guy cloned, now - many times over!!

Outstanding!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Yea that dude deserves a shot for sure!

Ti.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Great letter, and a "Stand Up Politician"! Wow! We need more like him!

VIP Member
    Awesome....I'd vote for him based on this letter alone.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

1952 - 2006
    You wait and watch. This guy is going to just disappear from the radar screen.

I'd also love to see him go far, but let's be real. It just ain't goin' to happen.

Maybe I'm just becoming to much of a pessimist in my old age.
    Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Lead Moderator
    WOnder if he'd like to be Governor......... OF MARYLAND!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar
    Yeah,

WOW.

Gets my vote.

And all three accounts were ended with just a display, Those don't show up in the statistics, but they do happen. Despite what the anti's say.
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

Links