New Arizona stuff passes - Page 2

New Arizona stuff passes

This is a discussion on New Arizona stuff passes within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; It passed. All three (CCW in places that serve alcohol, change to brandishing, parking lot storage) are on Brewer's desk waiting to be signed. They ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Arizona stuff passes

Distinguished Member Array MinistrMalic's Avatar
    It passed. All three (CCW in places that serve alcohol, change to brandishing, parking lot storage) are on Brewer's desk waiting to be signed. They were all transmitted to her on July 1st. Not counting Sundays she has 10 days to sign them. So on Monday the 13th they will become law regardless.

She spoke at the NRA convention here a few weeks ago, so it's not like she will veto any of them. I am just frustrated that she has sat on them. I know that the budget takes priority, but take a few minutes and put pen to paper already!
    "...whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." (Luke 22:36)
    Christianity and Self Defense from a Biblical Perspective

I agree with you they are as good as gold now, but lets not count our chickens before they hatch. she could decide to veto them at the last second sunday night for all we know. maybe she wont like the buy "03ramit1 a new gun" clause that was put in the bill. (its not there nor am i in goverment) but there could be 100 stupid reasons it does not get passed like that. so lets wait for monday.....

Quote Originally Posted by MinistrMalic View Post
    It passed. All three (CCW in places that serve alcohol, change to brandishing, parking lot storage)
    What is the exact change to brandishing? I havent been able to see the actual text of the change though I have heard about it. So I know there there is a change but not what the hell the change was!!

The change basically allows for the removal of a firearm from a holster without it qualifying as brandishing. The basics of the change allows someone who feels they are in imminent but not IMMEDIATE danger to unholster a firearm legally as long as they do not intimidate or "show it off." It lets a person take the gun out of the holster and hold it at their side before the BG makes a move.

I have been wondering about the bill intended to "clarify" what constitutes brandishing. I had a short discussion with a defensive handgun trainer (CCW and other defensive pistol classes) this weekend and he thinks it's unwise. I just don't know enough about it to come to an informed decision. (However, this imminent/immedate danger distinction may be hard to prove in court).

so are they laws now? did brewer sign them or were the just ignored into law?

Done deal

Brewer signed them all last night. Boy, nothing like waiting for the last minute! Hold on though, everyone, because they go into effect September 30th. So if you take your firearm into Chili's tonight it will still get you in trouble. :(

Hallelujah for the common sense changes though!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links