Franken senate victory no joke for gun owners

This is a discussion on Franken senate victory no joke for gun owners within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I think we already know or suspect all of this about Franken, but here is a short article about his relationship with firearms......UGH Franken Senate ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    VIP Member

I think we already know or suspect all of this about Franken, but here is a short article about his relationship with firearms......UGH

Franken Senate victory no joke for gun owners
    July 1, 10:40 AM ∑ David Codrea - Gun Rights Examiner

(AP Photo/Andy King)Al Franken is going to the Senate. From The Chicago Tribune:

After a fierce legal battle and a vote recount that stretched on for seven months, the Minnesota Supreme Court unanimously ruled Tuesday that Democrat Al Franken should be certified as the winner in the state's U.S. Senate race.

Norm Coleman has conceded.

And here's the thing:

Franken's victory gives the Democratic caucus 60 votes in the Senate, enough to overcome Republican filibuster attempts.

There is a lesson here for detached/oblivious gun owners. Particularly since Franken won by a mere 312 vote margin. And especially because Coleman was rated "A" by the National Rifle Association and "B" by Gun Owners of America. You can read Coleman's voting record on gun control here.

And Franken's position on guns?

"See, I've never owned a gun," Franken wrote in a smarmy attack on those who do in Rush Limbaugh is a Big Fat Idiot.

"I won't allow one in the house."

And then there's this, from the same book:

Now again, Iíve just been talking about death from gunshot wounds. Tragic. But not as damn expensive as the pesky four to six non-fatal gunshot injuries that occur for every fatal shooting and crowd our emergency rooms. Maybe thatís why the American Academy of Pediatrics supported the Brady Bill and has called for the ban of handguns and assault weapons.

And let us not forget Franken's attendance at a Brady Campaign/Million Mom March reception to honor Teddy Kennedy's wife for her work in exploiting children to advance citizen disarmament.

312 votes. And now this bad political joke will be played out on the rest of us.

For anyone who takes their right to keep and bear arms seriously, this is no laughing matter.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    It troubles me deeply that this clown even had enough votes to get close to office, let alone win.
    What the hell are people (not) thinking??
    "Don't Tread on Me"

He got more votes in some counties than there are voters. The sheep will be sorry someday .
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government".
    Patrick Henry

Al franken

They found 200 ballots in the trunk of a car and 100% were for him

I'm normally a very easy going person, but I think I'd enjoy smacking this retard around a bit. He will do damage in the Senate - that is for certain.
    Walk steathly - and carry a big Springfield.

Why doesn't it surprise me that Mr. Franken is anti-gun? He's just another typical liberal who votes in a typically politically correct manner. With this new senator we now face new challenges when it comes to second amendment rights.

We now have to be that much more vigilant to watch for anti-gun bills from the U.S. Senate. Now that the Senate has a fillibuster proof assembly they can pass anti-gun legislation through that much more easily.

This is truly a scary situation! Let's keep our eyes & ears open for anti-gun legislation from the U.S. Senate.
    "Gun control is being able to hit your target."
    Glock 26

How could MN folks vote for this moron? For Crying out loud, these booobs voted for a comedian. he is not even funny. What has happened to my great nation? I think those who did vote for that idior are too doped up on weed.

Al Franken is an 'maroon' for sure. A 60-vote majority is a problem for today's conservatives, but fortunately for us...there are a lot of pro-gun dems, at least enough to worry about their jobs to make them think about the 80 million gun voters.
    Now if we could just get that 80 million 'block' to vote as a group.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    Never will people base their votes on common sense for the most part. It is all about emotion these days. If Franken or any politician makes them laugh he will win their vote. Look at BO. Now that the economy is tanking harder he is not making them laugh anymore therefore causing his favor to tank.

on the flip side they will slip anti-gun legislation in somewhere in a 300000 page bill that no one will read again for the 4th time this administration at least. And it will pass and before you know it will be too late which leads to...

Our gun rights are going to be lost. It is a matter of time. It will happen period. The only resolve in my heart that I believe is going to be is unfortunately that which we should never resort to again but I fear it is abound and on its way to the surface.

Of those 80 million gun owners only 1-2 million will have the non sheep man parts to stand up the rest are just sheep with guns who will, not happily, but will hand over their last bastion of keeping freedom secured on our soil.

The progressive movement is as strong as ever and this admin may burn out and not pass what they want but the next ones will and I am so scared it's starting to affect my normal daily life now.

So many days out of the week I wish sometimes that I could just go back to being a sheep like I used to be before I served in the mil. But like the movie the Matrix, I took the red pill or whatever now I can never go back.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

Although our gun rights are being threatened, I think that there are too many dems in the South that are pro gun. We shall see. One step at a time: Defeat the Commies in 2010 and Defeat NObama in 2012. If we can do that then well be ok. At that point we have a monumental task of repairing all the damage done by that Obama. Still boggles my mind how this who never held any job in his life other than a community organizer is now the most powerful Man (I use the word man loosely) in the world.

Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tangoseal View Post
    Our gun rights are going to be lost. It is a matter of time. It will happen period. The only resolve in my heart that I believe is going to be is unfortunately that which we should never resort to again but I fear it is abound and on its way to the surface.
    My gun rights are expanding! In fact, that is the case in most of the nation. Worrying about things that don't exist is delusional behavior. When the reality is actually the opposite of the fear then it is truly psychological tragedy.

Of those 80 million gun owners only 1-2 million will have the non sheep man parts to stand up the rest are just sheep with guns who will, not happily, but will hand over their last bastion of keeping freedom secured on our soil.
    I think virtually every gun owner will fight against those that attack the United States. The frightened sheep, the libertarians, will never prevail in our Constitutional republic. Take up arms against America and the result will be a crushing defeat for the misguided ideaology.

Let's face it our leadership in washington is a joke,what's one more comedian
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Worrying about things that don't exist is delusional behavior.
    Perhaps it is for you. For me, it's being forewarned and prepared. What is delusional is coming to grips with the fact that a "comedian" (who is not very funny) has been elected to one of the houses which makes Federal Laws in this country.
    "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    Lets not forget why we have a Second Amendment! If guns are banned and every attempt to confiscate them results in a blazing gun battle, the politicians will learn quick, as the people will heap the blame upon them.
    Lets also remember that our military is sworn to protect the constitution. The vast majority of them are pro-gun. It would be their duty to bring down Obama, try him for treason and then deal with him in the proscribed manner, even if he is the CIC.
    Lastly, back to the second amendment, politicians aren't bulletproof.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetpilot007 View Post
    How could MN folks vote for this moron?
    Although the Supreme Court of Minnesota is apparently convinced so, I am not certain that a majority did vote for him.
    If the public are bound to yield obedience to laws to which they cannot give their approbation, they are slaves to those who make such laws and enforce them.--Samuel Adams as Candidus, Boston Gazette 20 Jan. 1772

Veteran--USA FA
    NRA Benefactor Life
    Tennessee Firearms Association Life

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links