Gun Nation (National Geographic Chn)

This is a discussion on Gun Nation (National Geographic Chn) within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; We have just had this rubbish shown on UK TV (I think it was called Guns in American when shown in the US in March ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

We have just had this rubbish shown on UK TV (I think it was called Guns in American when shown in the US in March this year)

I have never watched any program so biased and misinformed.... I was so I have banged off an email to Nat Geo in the UK... thought you guys might like to read what I sent... Apologies to the Mods if this is in the wrong place... My thoughts are that the lefties are trying different tactis on this

Dear Sirs

I have to say I was very disappointed with the left wing bias in the recent program Gun Nation.

I lot of what you broadcast could have been lifted directly from the brady campaigns web site. The “blurred” line between Illegal firearms and legally owned firearms was as biased as our own UK press.

For your information, if you have a felony conviction you can NEVER legally posses a firearm in any US State, all of the shootings you showed or re-created were with illegally owned firearms, your show gave the un-informed viewer the impression that as a US citizen anybody can wander into any gunshop and buy what ever gun takes their fancy (including automatic weapons) which is absolute rubbish.

You also “glossed” over CCW (Carry Concealed Weapon) laws

Are you aware of the countless times armed US citizens draw their firearms to protect themselves and their loved ones?

You showed a couple of really poor biased examples (you did brady proud)

First was the Texan who shot and killed two intruders leaving his neighbours house, yes it seemed harsh that he shot them both in the back, But this is Texas I’m sure they knew the law (Castle Doctrine or stand your ground law).
    Second was the lady who’s ex boyfriend committed a home invasion and she shot and killed him when he entered her bedroom, your narrator was very neutral about whether this was good or bad…. Come on what the hell was he going to do???? Play pat-a-cake????

Let me give you a link to a web site with real people are alive today because the founding Father’s of the USA gave their citizens the right to bear arms and to defend Themselves.

CCW Award Recipients

Here you will get a much better idea of what being armed means, not the tosh that you have been fed by brady.

I’m not an American but a subject of the UK, where as I’m sure you are aware we cannot carry any weapon whatsoever to protect ourselves.

I think your program was so far off the mark I could go on and on, (but won't!) I would be more than happy to speak directly with any of your reseachers or put them in touch with people who will give a balanced view of the subject.

Yours sincerely (end)

If I have anything wrong...please don't hesitate to correct me... I have broad shoulders

Tint Bob (UK)

Thank you to our brother in the UK...well said chap.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

TB,

Nice letter...good response, but probably fell on deaf ears.

I feel badly for what the UK has done to its peasants.

Take care...stay safe...somehow.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Thanks.

not sure how I feel about being called a peasant!
    But at the end of the day... we are subjects and our Queen
    does seem to be sittin there letting these bloody labour politicians (that's democrat to you son ) screw our country

Tint Bob (UK)

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    TB,

Nice letter...good response, but probably fell on deaf ears.

I feel badly for what the UK has done to its peasants.

Take care...stay safe...somehow.
    Peasants? Umm, have you been to the U.K.? Seen pics maybe? They do have paved roads and electricity there, y'know.

Quote Originally Posted by United93 View Post
    Peasants? Umm, have you been to the U.K.? Seen pics maybe? They do have paved roads and electricity there, y'know.
    They really have roads and electricity there? I didn't realize that...

You've missed the point...

‘‘Four out of five politicians surveyed prefer unarmed, ignorant peasants.’’
    — Unknown

peasant = unarmed subject

Quote Originally Posted by Tint Bob View Post
    not sure how I feel about being called a peasant!
    But at the end of the day... we are subjects and our Queen
    does seem to be sittin there letting these bloody labour politicians (that's democrat to you son ) screw our country

Tint Bob (UK)

Tint Bob...no offense meant in the comparison, just that we here in America would become no more THAN peasants without the ability to protect ourselves from the government.

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

No offence taken..... Like that statistic though.....
    I'm a firm Believer that our streets would be a lot safer if we could defend ourselves.
    Did you know the first gun control act in the UK was around 1890?
    After that around 1920 when the government of the day thought the returning troops (WWI) might try to over throw them?? What a suprise there then!
    Then a similar machine gun act to yours around 1936, even as late as the 1960's you could visit your local police and get a permit to carry a firearm for self defense.
    See it doesn't take long to dis-arm a nation.......

Tint Bob (UK)

Thank you for sticking up for another's gun rights. Here's another link you may find useful in the future: claytoncramer

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    America will get disarmed. 80 million gun owners only 1 million of us will refuse and when looking down the barrel of a martial law solider another 700K will stand down and turn in their weapons.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by tangoseal View Post
    America will get disarmed. 80 million gun owners only 1 million of us will refuse and when looking down the barrel of a martial law solider another 700K will stand down and turn in their weapons.
    ....I wish I knew the future too....
    "I didn't do it, nobody saw me do it, you can't prove anything!" Bart Simpson

VIP Member
    Thank You good letter. Maybe it's time for You to come to this side of the pond.

Quote Originally Posted by ccman View Post
    Thank You good letter. Maybe it's time for You to come to this side of the pond.
    Would love to...have a very good friend in NH who has just sold his gunshop in plaistow (Dave's Sporting Goods) and we just love NH and the whole New England thing... Unfortunatly as a white european we have no hope of a green card... Still we have the lottery every week Your country would love us with 2 or 3 million in the bank!!!!

Tint Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Tint Bob View Post
    Would love to (come to that side of the pond)...have a very good friend in NH who has just sold his gunshop in plaistow (Dave's Sporting Goods) and we just love NH and the whole New England thing... Unfortunatly as a white european we have no hope of a green card... Still we have the lottery every week Your country would love us with 2 or 3 million in the bank!!!!

Tint Bob
    I have a good friend, originally from Scotland. Came to the US many years ago. Worked for the World Bank (IIRC) here. Married a U.S. citizen, an Army Capt. They are still married.

She has a job (income), a US citizen for a husband, no criminal record, and she speaks the language. It was unbelievable what she had to do become a legal resident, then, ultimately, a U.S. citizen. Among other things, whenever she called INS, she could NEVER get anyone who spoke English, or any of the other 5 languages she speaks.

I won't say anything more for fear of getting dinged with points!
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

I think that about covers it; I don't think you will ever get a reply, but it is good that you sent the letter anyway...
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links