What does an international treaty have to do with the 2A?

This is a discussion on What does an international treaty have to do with the 2A? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This video is very imformative as to the the political dynamic that could be used to bring us more gun control. If you doubt what ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

This video is very imformative as to the the political dynamic that could be used to bring us more gun control.

If you doubt what these guys are saying, remember the debate over the Kyoto Treaty on climate change and cap and trade. I can't tell you how many times I have heard, "Other countries have signed on, why won't the U.S. sign it?" It will be the same with gun control. Kyoto/global warming propaganda started in the Clinton admin, and it took a few years, but now look what we have. Cap and trade, (ie EXCESSIVE new tax money flowing to Washington and the people who will get rich trading carbon credits, like Al Gore). The same pressure can be exerted in the context of gun control. The mainstream media will of course be as complicit in the gun control scheme as they were in endoctrinating people into believeing in global warming. Scary stuff methinks.

YouTube - Rove and Bolton appear on Glenn 2 Beck to talk about Obama'
    Last edited by sgtD; July 8th, 2009 at 01:17 AM.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

The new world order. It's coming...many predicted before now.

jfl
    A good thing about turning 70 next year: I won't have to put up with that nonsense for too long
    The first rule of a gunfight: "Don't be there !"
    The second rule: "Bring enough gun"

jfl
    (NRA Life Member/Instructor - GOA - IDPA - GSSF - ex-IHMSA)

Karl Rove has about as much credibility as Jesse Jackson, and Colin Powell has more.

I will not listen to Karl Rove flap his lips about anything muchless take him at his word as being a party interested in anything but his own gain.

We don't need him. He makes us look badly.
    Rove is a player.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    Karl Rove has about as much credibility as Jesse Jackson, and Colin Powell has more.

I will not listen to Karl Rove flap his lips about anything muchless take him at his word as being a party interested in anything but his own gain.

We don't need him. He makes us look badly.
    Rove is a player.

- Janq
    I respectfully disagree Janq. The current administration needs to tap the brainpower of 4 or 5 of their top strategists to begin to equal the effectiveness of Rove. He was and is a political genius.

As far as Bolton is concerned, he is a thoughtful statesman who never blindly got in lockstep with the rest of the world just because it was good for appearances. He is a true patriot and a fine man.

I don't particularly care one way or another about Rove, but I don't think that anything he may or may not have done in the past detracts from the veracity of the statements he made in the context of this particular interview.

I tend to agree with Siafu's assessment of Bolton. He's anti-UN and pro-sovereignty so that's good enough for me.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

Quote Originally Posted by sgtD View Post
    I don't particularly care for Rove as a person, but I don't think that anything he has done in the past detracts from the veracity of the statements he made in the context of this particular interview.

I tend to agree with Siafu's assessment of Bolton. He's anti-UN and pro-sovereignty so that's good enough for me.
    I agree with the assessment...exactly how I feel.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Ahem... I got some news for you: The Treaty Making Power cuts across the entire Constitution and that includes the Bill of Rights! If the President signs a treaty and the Senate ratifies same, it becomes the LAW OF THE LAND. It is a mechanism built into the very infrastructure of the Constitution and it cuts across all other safety mechanisms of the document.

The founding Fathers never envisioned a traitorous President. They correctly thought that the country can have only one person in charge of dealing with other nations. That gave this power to the Executive Branch, but the Doctrine of Checks and Balances was still in place with the US Senate providing the alleged CHECK to stop an over zealous Executive.

It worked perfectly in 1919 when the US Senate rejected Woodrow Wilson's vision of the NWO in the League of Nations. But nobody except Biblical prophesy could project the situation we have today with an anti FREEDOM President and an equally Hostile CONGRESS. If they get the USSC we're all toast. That of course is the idea. As much as I hate to acknowledge this, the United States of America must be brought to her knees before THe NWO can come to pass and this specifically includes unilateral personal disarmament of the people.

Consider the effect of a simultaneous WMD Terror attack on Wall Street and a sudden payment call on all our debt by the debt holders. The bottom would fall out of our money which is all fiat anyway and not backed by gold. Every and I mean EVERY empire in all of history using fiat money for currency has FAILED. We have now been using such a fiat system totally since 1932 when Roosevelt outlawed possession of private stocks of gold bullion.

Forget the Fed. It ain't federal and there are no reserves. They're privately owned and operated and like all banks they're not your friend. They're out for themselves.

The bottom line is that if the President signs a treaty with the UN outlawing all private possession of any firearm and the SENATE ratifies it, the Supreme court can't negate it. Otherwise there would be no truth to our words of promise to other nations and the Founder's knew this.

There is only one other event that could happen before all the really horrible stuff and that is a matter of vast discussion among the various denominations of the church. Your views on this are your own and I respect them, but I believe in the RAPTURE OF THE CHURCH. If you have questions go to:

Rapture Ready - Rapture resource for the end times and look around.

But think for a moment, what would happen to this country's economic (tax) base if suddenly in the blink of an eye, TENS OF MILLIONS of people simply vanished?

Personally, I really hope and pray THAT event precedes what must happen next, because that way is going to be bloody and tiresome and the result will still be the same: Jesus wins!
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    I my self am a believer. Right on ExSoldier.

Instead of stockpiling ammo we need to be out there stock piling peoples relationships with God. I know this isnt a forum for theology discussion but read the bible, read the writings of the apostles, this stuff that was predicted thousands of years ago is so blatantly coming true as we talk about the very nature of the subject. Wont be long until America is Disarmed sigh..

Ammo is safe to assume that we need it also so dont rule that out exactly hah
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

I have talked to many people who believe that Treaties cannot override laws in the U.S. Even some politicians say that if we sign a Treaty and change our minds we can just change it. Like its that simple. A couple years back I recall some running for president saying they would repeal parts of NAFTA. Were they lying or just ignorant, I don't know.

Michael

VIP Member
    Do you all really have such little faith in the judgement of (is it 2/3 or 3/4?) of the Senate?

It sure sounds as if some here do not actually support or wish to preserve our constitution.

ExSoldier and TangoSeal,

With your pessimillenialism, I wonder that you are posting in this forum at all. After all, in the immortal words of the late J. Vernon McGee: "You don't polish brass on a sinking ship."

I don't anticipate getting out of life alive and will fight with every morally permissible weapon at my disposal against government (whether Federal, State, Local or International) overreach for the sake of my children and their issue. The State is just another idol that must be toppled.

Ryan
    Those who will not govern their own behavior are slaves waiting for a master; one will surely find them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Do you all really have such little faith in the judgement of (is it 2/3 or 3/4?) of the Senate?

It sure sounds as if some here do not actually support or wish to preserve our constitution.
    The current administration does not support or wish to preserve the Constitution. BO has stated his belief that the Constitution is a "living" document. This is egregious relativism; ultimately, if one cannot say some actions are wrong and harmful, one stands for nothing.

The Senate and House majorities (Dems) are in the act of passing the most radical redesign of the political and economic structure of this country since the Revolution. The Stimulus and Cap and Trade bills bring essentially all possible income(personal and Corporate) under Government control.

Whether a treaty supercedes the Constitution or not is irrelevant. If the current Government enacts policy(ies) as though that is the case, rescinding such treaty(ies), laws, regulations and mandates will take decades, and financial and military resources we do not have.

China/North Korea are actively attacking our financial stability; OPEC is assisting the drive; Russia is more closely allied with the Asian Co-prosperity sphere than with the US/EU and is solely concerned with it's own survival. The movement to discontinue trading oil in dollars, the Kyoto agreements penalizing First World nations to subsidize the Turd World; our inability to effectively deal with international agression; the massive national debt and the foreign holding of that debt have taken our power of self-determination to an incredible degree.

"The current administration does not support or wish to preserve the Constitution. BO has stated his belief that the Constitution is a "living" document. This is egregious relativism; ultimately, if one cannot say some actions are wrong and harmful, one stands for nothing."

Well said. Just look into the choices that are being made, eg. Harold Koh.

bosco

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by boscobeans View Post
    "The current administration does not support or wish to preserve the Constitution. BO has stated his belief that the Constitution is a "living" document. This is egregious relativism; ultimately, if one cannot say some actions are wrong and harmful, one stands for nothing."

Well said. Just look into the choices that are being made, eg. Harold Koh.

bosco
    BO has said that our Constitution is a "charter of negative liberties. It spells out what we can't do, not what we can do". That statement sent shivers down my timbers when I heard it.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Links