No more handguns in NJ...wow!

This is a discussion on No more handguns in NJ...wow! within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This makes me wonder about something. Is it legal to buy a gun from another state if you have a ccl permit from your state ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No more handguns in NJ...wow!

This makes me wonder about something. Is it legal to buy a gun from another state if you have a ccl permit from your state that is honored in the state you are buying the gun? This post has made me wonder if people from NJ will just go buy guns from the internet or from other states.
    2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

2. Remove Ads

You get what you vote for...

When crime becomes a daily thing in everyone's playground, then maybe enough people will awaken and fight back. Right now, the majority must like what's going on...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by PNUT View Post
    And the criminals will all be turning in their guns, knives, bats...etc...and pledging to turn over a new leaf.
    Hard to believe this is even part of America.
    Yeah, I guess criminals will have to get jobs now. Tisk.

There's still some room in Tennessee if you like guns and interesting weather!

I guess this will solve the crime problem in Newark and Camden.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mi2az View Post
    Make NJ part of Canada and forget about them. Gunnybunny, no offense to you. I would hate to put NJ as another Provence for you to deal with.
    No offence taken, but you can keep Jersey.

As bad as we have it here, I can still buy as many as I want, whenever I want.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

1943 - 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by grandma4 View Post
    This makes me wonder about something. Is it legal to buy a gun from another state if you have a ccl permit from your state that is honored in the state you are buying the gun? This post has made me wonder if people from NJ will just go buy guns from the internet or from other states.
    NO!

You can only purchase, acquire or take possession of a handgun in your legal State of Residence.

You can buy a handgun on the Internet, but it must be shipped to a licensed dealer in your home State.

Like it or not, this is Federal law. I'm amazed, still, that so many people on this forum are not familiar with the laws governing purchase of handguns.

When youíre wounded and left on Afghanistanís plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

I agree with Tangoseal! Take it back.

I left NJ in 94 and couldn't be happier here in VA. We have the one gun/month law here but it doesn't effect dealers, Leo, military, or chp holders. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if NY adopted a similar type bill, with their anti- mayor. He came here harping about our imaginary gun show loop-hole. That took some brass ones- Imo.
    CHP holder. EDC G27. I support VCDL, so glad to have them fighting for my rights.

I'm sure that black market guns will be just as available as illegal drugs and illegal aliens. This stupid, unconstitutional law will just create another revenue source for the bad guys.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

I cant stand Mayor Mike Bloomberg or "Shroomberg". He is a detestable man thinking he knows what is best for NY people. He is a moron and I am not sure why that bafoon continues to stay on the Republican ticket.

Soon, I fear, that NY will follow NJ's lead in one gun a month restriction. The NYS legislature will probably pass the STUPID AND RIDICULOUS microstamping bill. Many politicians are stupid human beings and are better off being bums in the street where they wont harm other people so long as they are doped up. Bottom line is this:

MANY POLITICIANS DONT UNDERSTAND THAT THE THE RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS IS FUNDAMENTAL RIGHT. THAT RIGHT IS STEEPED IN AMERICAN TRADTITION THAT SPANS OVER 2 CENTURIES. To say one is opposed to the 2nd amendment is to say one is UNAMERICAN.

It seems like for every two or three stories of states making things easier, creating common sense laws, or removing ******* laws, we hear of a state that ADDS to their growing list of ******* laws out of F.U.D. Sorry NJ.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand

NRA Member / Ohio Conceal Carry Instructor
    CHL Holder

Senior Member Array mech1369dlw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetpilot007 View Post
    I cant stand Mayor Mike Bloomberg or "Shroomberg". He is a detestable man thinking he knows what is best for NY people. He is a moron and I am not sure why that bafoon continues to stay on the Republican ticket.
    He continues to be re-elected time after time because more idiots vote for him than the other hammerhead politicians.
    A person is justified in the use of deadly force, if such person reasonably believes deadly force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to such person or a third person.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links