Check out this idiot...

This is a discussion on Check out this idiot... within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Sotomayer said in her hearings .... "it's still an open unresolved issue" ... and would not say anything about her thoughts on the 2nd amendment. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Check out this idiot...

Sotomayer said in her hearings .... "it's still an open unresolved issue" ... and would not say anything about her thoughts on the 2nd amendment. But, she is one of those that has said, "the right to bear arms does NOT apply to the states, and / or individuals".

We don't need this woman on the Supreme Court.

2. Remove Ads

If ignorance is, in fact, bliss, he's about the happiest person on the face of the earth.
    "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

You can't win an argument with an idiot , they are to stupid to know when they have lost.
    We live in a society where pizza gets to your house before the police

PROOF that aliens had relations with catfish...
    Only thing I can think of for this moronic line of thinking.

Distinguished Member Array GWRedDragon's Avatar
    "the Second Amendment doesn't guarantee the right to have firearms at all. " Burger said that the purpose of the Second Amendment was "to ensure that the 'state armies'--'the militia'--would be maintained for the defense of the state. "
    See if these two statements sound familiar:

Quote Originally Posted by Virginia Declaration of Rights, 1776
    That a well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state; that standing armies, in time of peace, should be avoided as dangerous to liberty; and that, in all cases, the military should be under strict subordination to, and be governed by, the civil power.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2nd Amendment
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
    The Virginia Declaration of Rights was written by George Mason, who of course also wrote the US bill of rights. Comparing the two it is immediately obvious that the 2nd amendment is merely a restatement of the one from the VDR, with the same purpose.

The VDR clearly states that the 'militia' refers to everyone, not just those enlisted in a military. It even goes so far as to discourage the 'state army' that the antis claim was supposedly the target of the protection!
    "Trust in God with hand on sword" -Inscription on my family's coat of arms from medieval England
    ---Carry options: G26/MTAC, PF9/MiniTuck, PPK/Pocket, USP40/OWB---
    ---NOTE: I am not an expert. If I ever start acting like a know-it-all, please call me on it immediately. ---

Why waste the energy to get excited over this guys puke ? No one reads his blog but himself and his mommy.

Folks, I really hate to say this but we have to pay attention to bozos like this guy. This is a tactic of the far left and it's not done out of ignorance and it's not done out of shear stupidity...it's done with a clear and well-intentioned purpose of creating a false truth. If enough people accept it (especially putty-minded politicians focused on getting reelected)...it becomes the truth and will be enforced as a truth. Look at global warming...global change...or whatever the blazes we call it now. Who started that mess? Not our buddy Al Gore but he sure latched on to it and created a false truth around climatic and environmental cycles...he ever got a Peace Prize for it. Look at Sotomeyer (or whatever the spelling is)...the Dems have paraded around the notion that she will win the appointment so hard that even the toughest conservatives have accepted it as a truth. The RNC is even "looking to the next opportunity" because they believe this one to be lost. If we don't respond to each attack and don't execute any offensives of our own, we are bound to lose our rights, freedoms and everything we hold dear.
    I'm going to my Republican Networking meeting this month. I suggest you folks go to the ones near you and put the heavy squeeze on some putty-minded politician to see through the clouds of liberal smoke and protect our country.

Oh yeah, and buy ammo.....lots of ammo. :)
    [B]"The dumber people think you are, the more surprised they'll be when you kill them" - William Clayton[/B]

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Comma - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    The comma is used in many contexts and languages, principally for separating things.

If the people who wrote the 2nd, made 2 seperate sentences, instead of using the comma to seperate the ideas. (they never thought it would come to debate). We wouldn't be having this problem.

It is important to remember that the internet is the equivalent of the bathroom wall for the entire world.

Mel
    The Ethics of Liberty
    LewRockwell.com
    The Survival Podcast
    How long have we watered the Tree of Deceit with the blood of patriots?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links