Check out this idiot...

This is a discussion on Check out this idiot... within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I don't even know if I should give this guy the courtesy of linking to his website, but he is just... there are no words. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Check out this idiot...

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar

Check out this idiot...

I don't even know if I should give this guy the courtesy of linking to his website, but he is just... there are no words.

Sotomayor, guns, the 2nd amendment and constitutional idiocy

Just a couple excerpts from his article... I could spend hours de-bunking this guy.

Of course the problem with that line of thinking is that there is no 2nd amendment right to own a gun, and that is not in dispute among anyone who knows the constitution which admittedly leaves out at least 3/4 of the members of Congress and probably half the states attorneys general in the country .
    But what the hearings may finally do is put to bed this incredible ignorance over the 2nd amendment, ignorance which quite frankly does gun owners no good at all. Except to constantly put them on the defensive because every time they try to invoke the 2nd amendment to achieve something they want, they lose. And always will. Because the 2nd amendment has absolutely nothing to do with an individual right to own a gun and never did. And so it is actually in the interest of pro-gun organizations and gun owners to drop these constant references to the 2nd amendment since it will get them nowhere and instead use other tactical means in support of their positions.
    To try to rely on a 2nd amendment right that doesn't exist only makes their position more difficult because they will lose that argument every time and continue to be on the defensive. What gun owners need to do is exercise their first amendment rights and apply whatever political pressures they choose, whether its through contributions to legislators who support their position or to finance campaigns against legislators who oppose their position, and that will get them further than this losing battle that the 2nd amendment gives them rights and that it applies to individuals.
    "the Second Amendment doesn't guarantee the right to have firearms at all. " Burger said that the purpose of the Second Amendment was "to ensure that the 'state armies'--'the militia'--would be maintained for the defense of the state. "

This is of course obvious. Even the most tortured liberal approach to the constitution cant get around the facts relating to the 2nd amendment. The 2nd amendment isn't a smorgasbord where you get to pick and choose what words you think support your position and pretend the other words don't exist.
    Have at em' boys....

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar
    life is like a box of chocolates

and so are internet bloggers
    "Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

Who is John Galt?

Unless I'm mistaken, the SCOTUS just ruled that it is an individual right last summer in the "Heller" decision. I'm not even reading it.

Why waste valuable life time trying to reason with a 'marooooon'......buy more guns and ammo with your time.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Why waste valuable life time trying to reason with a 'marooooon'......buy more guns and ammo with your time.
    +1 right on!

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    People like that must be as baffled by us as we are of them...
    "Don't Tread on Me"

Quote Originally Posted by shooterX View Post
    +1 right on!
    +2 Right on !!
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
    Ronald Reagan

I cannot put down here what I want to say,.. But that is life.. There isn't enough words, and I'm just too tired..

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arko View Post
    People like that must be as baffled by us as we are of them...
    Same thing I was thinking. He admitts that 3/4 of congress and about 1/2 of the states AG's disagree with his position but he's still right in his mind.
    "Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

Who is John Galt?

You gotta love the one and only comment by readers that supports his view and even then its pretty weak with a clear ignorance of the fact that the police might show up too late.

He's probably one of those who thinks Elvis is still alive.
    2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Just sent him an email, challenged him to an open debate; I will posts any responses here for everybody.....
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

MJK
    It's unfortunate that people like him can vote. Hope he sits out the next election.

But at least to his credit (which is very little), he does say:

"There is not a shred of evidence anywhere to show that guns owned and registered by law abiding citizens are any threat at all to the public welfare and most statistics prove it. Drunk drivers are literally hundreds of thousands of times more dangerous and more of a threat to public safety than anyone legally owning a gun."
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Too many DRUGs in his years , His brain is scrabeled EGGS !!
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links