Guess we're just paranoid?? Thoughts

This is a discussion on Guess we're just paranoid?? Thoughts within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The Death of CCW...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guess we're just paranoid?? Thoughts

VIP Member

Guess we're just paranoid?? Thoughts

Prepare for the worst and hope it never happens

2. Remove Ads

Yes. I think that too many people listen to talk radio and are easily swayed by half-truths, exaggerations, and outright lies. Remember, no scandal, fear, or other emotions,= no audience. The truth is usually somewhere in the middle and boring to boot.

That Right Wing Radio is like dope...you start out with a little Rush, maybe some Hannity ,a little Michael Savage on the weekends...next thing you know, you're mainlining Alex Jones and InfoWars...babbling incoherently about how 9/11 was an inside job.....

It isn't going to happen in my lifetime...but I am in my 60's...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I hope you live forever.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Retsupt, may you live to a ripe old age!
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

RetSupt,
    Be sure to take your vitamins, get a good nights sleep, and be careful.....

stay alive.....keep CCW alive......breathe.

Nancy Pelosi has said, "The time is not right yet."

That tells me that it is on the table so to speak, just not the centerpiece right now.

It's coming kids, just wait. BTW, the quote from Pelosi was taken in context, as the question was about gun control and banning guns. She has also said that if she could she would take every gun from every American.

Biker

VIP Member
    We're living in "dangerous" times.

Posting stuff on gun forums is great, informative, etc though it's sort of like preaching to the choir. We must continue to be diligent in contacting our local, state and federal government on any 2A issues. If your newspaper has a anti-gun editorial or letter to the editor, write a pro-gun letter back to them asap, to set the record straight. Don't use the excuse that they won't print your letter.

Join the NRA or whatever gun organization, I give memberships to my family as gifts. Donate a little campaign money to a pro-gun legislator and tell him it's because of his pro-gun stance.

If we become complacent, the anti-gun crowd will win......then it's too late
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by PNUT View Post
    That Right Wing Radio is like dope...you start out with a little Rush, maybe some Hannity ,a little Michael Savage on the weekends...next thing you know, you're mainlining Alex Jones and InfoWars...babbling incoherently about how 9/11 was an inside job.....
    Interesting. Conservative talk radio is the only broadcast format running in the black, and unsubsidized by related corporate interests.

KYcarry, G&A is hardly a prime prognosticator of social trends. The real issue is the mid-term election(s). If the Dems maintain control, we will see ram-rodding. Universal healthcare will most likely be the tool. Telling people you won't treat their wife/baby/crotch-rot is the most effective way to develop social compliance.

While I agree with a lot of the sentiments expressed in the article my concern is not one act of Obama or Congress but a slow erosion of the gains that have been made over the last 15 ~ 20 years with respect to CCW.

I live in downstate NY where there is almost wholesale ignorance regarding firearms and the importance of the 2nd amendment. Maybe this skews my perspective but there seems to be an incremental dumbing down of Americans (probably more pronounced among the under 30 generation) regarding 2nd amendment issues.

If future generations don't view firearms ownership as important, and if you couple that with increasing taxes and fees (firearms, ammunition, licensing and registration, etc.) related to firearms ownership, and further complicate the process of obtaining a CCW, we could end up with a defacto CCW prohibition where only the wealth and well connected can for all practical purposes exercise this right.
    Last edited by 2edgesword; July 16th, 2009 at 02:30 PM.

2Edge,
    You make a very good point. It's pretty much that way in L.A. and N.Y. , no connections, no permit.
    We have to do whatever we can to rid ourselves of that Pelosi maniac. What a hypocrite, protected by men with guns but wants to take ours ? Sorry Nancy, You are going to get yourself fired with that B.S.

They would never enact a ban? But in fact they did, and that was in a more conservative time, with more supposed gun-supporters. Now that things have tilted steeply to the left, we are supposed to believe that they won't enact another ban?

- The mainstream media calls for another ban every day.
    - The anti-gun groups feel emboldened by the new pres/cong/senate
    - Dem politicians attend every anti-gun rally
    - Joyce Foundation says they will make sure it happens in O's first term.

Granted they won't do it this year because they are too busy socializing our economy. But next year?

You're not paranoid if they really are trying to get you...
    "Bad spellers of the world - untie!"

DAV Life member, NRA Life member

Springfield XD 9mm Sub-Compact
    Taurus PT111 Millennium Pro 9mm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links