New Yorkers Against Gun Violence Calls on Senators Schumer and Gillibrand - Page 2

New Yorkers Against Gun Violence Calls on Senators Schumer and Gillibrand

This is a discussion on New Yorkers Against Gun Violence Calls on Senators Schumer and Gillibrand within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Maybe, we all need to write Senators Schumer and Gillibrand, encouraging them to support the bill ....... I'm quite serious about this. Dear Senator Schumer ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Yorkers Against Gun Violence Calls on Senators Schumer and Gillibrand

Maybe, we all need to write Senators Schumer and Gillibrand, encouraging them to support the bill ....... I'm quite serious about this.

Dear Senator Schumer and Gillibrand :
    I own a gun. I've yet to see it jump out of my safe and become violent in any manner, nor commit a violent crime. Why would anyone be concerned about a law-abiding citizen who wants to carry a gun for self-protection against those who would perform a violent crime with normally illegally obtained guns ? Seems a silly rationale for only the criminals to have the upper hand, and law-abiding citizen's unable to defend themselves from them.

We need 'rationale' thinking representatives, who understand the real world. Your support of this bill would actually reduce crime, as in areas where law-abiding citizens carrying guns for self-defense, the crime rates have lowered. Passage of this law may actually help to lower the crime rate in New York, and we appreciate your support for it.

VIP Member
    Does anyone really think that Schumer and his ilk do not understand the truth, the facts, about firearms? All they care about is the power they can wield in their positions. If they were Senators from Tennessee, Montana, Texas, etc., they would be the staunchest Second Amendment supporters in the Senate.

Follow the money, follow the votes....
    If the public are bound to yield obedience to laws to which they cannot give their approbation, they are slaves to those who make such laws and enforce them.--Samuel Adams as Candidus, Boston Gazette 20 Jan. 1772

Veteran--USA FA
    NRA Benefactor Life
    Tennessee Firearms Association Life

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links