Shoot it down: Senate must kill amendment that would dangerously gut gun laws - Page 2

Shoot it down: Senate must kill amendment that would dangerously gut gun laws

This is a discussion on Shoot it down: Senate must kill amendment that would dangerously gut gun laws within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Thanis "Senate Democrats are not sure that they have enough votes to defeat the measure, given the ranks of Dems from traditionally ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shoot it down: Senate must kill amendment that would dangerously gut gun laws

Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanis View Post
    "Senate Democrats are not sure that they have enough votes to defeat the measure, given the ranks of Dems from traditionally Republican, gun-loving states."
    This is exactly the synergy between liberals and libertarians that are tearing through the fabric of this nation. Libertarians do not understand state sovereignty so they support anything they think is their 'right.' Liberals want the Federal government to control every aspect of our lives and most gun owners buy it hook, line and sinker.

If the Federal government can force the states to bend to their whim then ALL of our rights will be in danger. This Federal intervention is exactly what liberals want to defeat the DOMA and force states to accept same sex marriage, against the will of the people.

The Federal government has NO BUSINESS meddling in the affairs of the states.

I urge everyone to write their representatives and urge them to vote NO on this horrible infringement of the Tenth Amendment.

Quote Originally Posted by farronwolf View Post
    CCW9MM, Don't go trying to use reason to debunk those arguments that the New Yorkers are using.
    I'll try until my last breath. May I have that amount of drive and energy. It might not get anywhere. But, the way I figure it, if it helps one person to realize the stupidity and ridiculousness of such arguments then it will be worth it to me.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by automatic slim View Post
    Already emailed both my senators.
    +1 here.

An ad ran in USA Today that listed 450 mayors against the Thune / Vitter legislation. One of the mayors listed was Dave Munson of Sioux Falls, SD. On the 6 pm local news, Mayor Munson stated that he is not against the legislation.

Doc

They'd then be free to bring mayhem back home.

Well, you knew their opinion the instant they said this. Uh, maybe they need to get out of New York once in awhile to one of those "Republican states" she mentioned, to realize... there is no mayhem due to conceal carry licensee's. I hate to tell her, those Democratic states also have conceal carry ..... LMAO.

There are some very strong 2A Democrats out there too. LOL.... it's just not any of the Democratic leaders (Pelosi, Reid, etc).

RESCHEDULED

Examining S. 845, The 'Respecting States Rights and Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2009'

Senate Judiciary Committee
    Subcommittee on Crime and Drugs

DATE: July 23, 2009
    TIME: 02:30 PM
    ROOM: Dirksen-226
    OFFICIAL HEARING NOTICE / WITNESS LIST:

July 15, 2009

NOTICE OF RESCHEDULED SUBCOMMITTEE HEARING

The hearing before the Senate Committee on the Judiciary, Subcommittee on Crime and Drugs entitled "Examining S. 845, The 'Respecting States Rights and Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2009" previously scheduled for Tuesday, June 23, 2009 has been rescheduled for Thursday, July 23, 2009 at 2:30 p.m. in Room 226 of the Senate Dirksen Office Building.

Chairman Specter will preside.

By order of the Chairman

[LINK]

They are discussing the Thune amendment right now. It basically is the same old thing.

Anti gunners saying let the local communities make their own laws. The pro gunners, saying folks have the right to defend themselves.

Amazingly the NJ Senator Lautenberg is arguing against the amendment. What is up with that.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

IT didn't pass .. this time... but is suppose to be brought back up for a vote in 2 weeks.

Aren't these the same guys (agaisnt this bill) who criticized Bush , and accused him of using "scare tactics" ?

Oh how short some people's memories are.

Chairman Specter is from PA. He recently bolted to the Dems and pretty much sides with the Big O lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    IT didn't pass .. this time... but is suppose to be brought back up for a vote in 2 weeks.

Aren't these the same guys (agaisnt this bill) who criticized Bush , and accused him of using "scare tactics" ?

Oh how short some people's memories are.
    Is this a fact?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links