CSPAN LIVE VID of the US Senate on National Reciprocity

This is a discussion on CSPAN LIVE VID of the US Senate on National Reciprocity within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; From one of the other of the many identical threads: Originally Posted by Faitmaker Come on guys. This has been done to death and frankly ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: CSPAN LIVE VID of the US Senate on National Reciprocity

Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    From one of the other of the many identical threads:

Quote Originally Posted by Faitmaker View Post
    Come on guys. This has been done to death and frankly I'm tired of hearing how everyone wants "x" and doesn't give a crap that it violates the Constitution. While I won't even go into incorporation (which is wrong), 2A is NOT incorporated. The 2nd Amendment protects your rights to own and carry. This much HAS been decided by SCOTUS. However, it only applies to Congress, not the States.

This law would be unconstitutional but you are free to work on your individual AG's to get HIM or her to get reciprocity for your state with the others. You guys will post all day to the forum but have you wrote your AG?

I would support a national wide compact amongst the states LIKE the driver's license but I can't support a Federal law to force states to accept other states license when the requirements are not similiar (unlike driver licenses).
    Excellent! +1

At least a few other forum members understand the issues.

We barely escaped this time. Next time, with all the support of people who want to erase state borders, remove state governments in favor of a one world government, we might not be able to preserve the United States of America.

It is disappointing that many here are so self centered concerning their own interests that they will subvert the Constitution just to appease their personal desire. And many of these same people rail against government officials that act in their own self interests. I can think of a word that is approriate for that behavior. Can you?

2. Remove Ads

I'm also happy that this failed to pass. The Feds can stay out of state's rights. At least my 2 gun hating Senators got their vote right for once and voted Nay as they always do when it comes to anything guns.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SelfDefense View Post
    We barely escaped this time. Next time, with all the support of people who want to erase state borders, remove state governments in favor of a one world government, we might not be able to preserve the United States of America.

It is disappointing that many here are so self centered concerning their own interests that they will subvert the Constitution just to appease their personal desire. And many of these same people rail against government officials that act in their own self interests. I can think of a word that is approriate for that behavior. Can you?
    Probably a good point but I have to be surprised that there wasn't more debate (published anway) about the states rights end. All the debate and discussion published was a referundum on gun rights. The vote tally shows that too or you would expect more "conservatives" to vote "nay"
    "Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

Who is John Galt?

Agreed SD, as in regard to your quote of Faitmaker.

State rights is more important than taking a bone by way of federalizaton toward this item.
    An interstate compact measure makes more and the most sense as in relation to licensing and reciprocity nation wide. Until that happens, and I don't see that occurring any time soon, I cannot personally get behind this nor any other similar efforts.

- Janq has a wallet full of multiple state specific carry permit$
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Nelson (FL) ARGH!!!

Has he even met a Floridian???
    "In God we trust, as for the rest of you... keep your hands where I can see them" - Unknown

I admit that I had mixed feelings about this and I applaud those of you who are standing up for states rights even though the end result would have been something that would benefit you.

The problem with lobbying states to expand the number of states they accept is that by definition, you have to lobby politicians outside of your jurisdiction. In Idaho, for example, all other states CCW's are accepted, so I have no politicians to lobby.
    NRA Life Member

Those fine up standing Republican senators Lugar and Voinovich voted against it. Lugar also voted to extend the assault weapons ban in 2004. Harry Reed and 17 other Democrats voted for the bill.

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    For NM, Bingaman must go, Thank you Tom Udall.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

Senior Member Array flagflyfish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by automatic slim View Post
    For NM, Bingaman must go, Thank you Tom Udall.
    +1 Dingleman just lost his job

Kyl and McCain both voted Yea for AZ!!
    "These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier
    and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the
    service of his country; but he that stands it now, deserves the
    love and thanks of man and woman."

-- Thomas Paine (The American Crisis, No. 1, 19 December 1776)

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by highvoltage View Post
    You mean Sphincter?
    Yes, I did. Please excuse my typing/spelling error. I was typing with one hand as I was holding my nose with the other.
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps & NRA Life Member since 1972

"The trouble is with the increasingly widespread problem of idiots prancing around out there confusing their opinions with actual facts." peckman28

Hagan voted yea??

wow.... I'm a little taken aback.

I knew Lautenberg and Menendez would vote Nay. (I'm glad I moved out of Jersey years ago.

Good to see that the good folks of TN know what's right.
    "Without fear there can be no Courage!"

Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerinWstuff View Post
    Probably a good point but I have to be surprised that there wasn't more debate (published anway) about the states rights end. All the debate and discussion published was a referundum on gun rights. The vote tally shows that too or you would expect more "conservatives" to vote "nay"
    I agree. Libertarians and liberals want to erase state borders. (In fact, they want to erase national borders, as well.) These people do not understand our Constitutional Republic, otherwise we would not see such a grave misunderstanding about something so simple as the Bill of Rights. Congress shall make no law...

THE STATES CREATED THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT.

As we saw on this issue, both republicans and democrats were pandering (now there's a surprise!) to their constituency. That is why Harry Reid voted for it, of all people. (Of course, they all knew EXACTLY the final vote so that some democrats could vote YES to protect their seats.)

Virtually no one in this nation supports states' rights. Especially, as we see by the comments here, gun owners.

Our only hope is to educate the next generation before the liberals and libertarians succeed in their mission to erase all borders and form a one world government. The funny thing is that so many get bent out of shape and claim they are against a one world government when they are promoting EXACTLY that by crushing state sovereignty.

Florida's Sen. Nelson...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links