Reciprocity Bill Weaseling

This is a discussion on Reciprocity Bill Weaseling within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Here's a link to a story....printed in an anti-freedom, pro-sheeple rag, but VERY informative as to how disgusting politicians actually are. Beware Mark Pryor, Arkansans....and ...

Thread: Reciprocity Bill Weaseling

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar

Here's a link to a story....printed in an anti-freedom, pro-sheeple rag, but VERY informative as to how disgusting politicians actually are.

Beware Mark Pryor, Arkansans....and the other guys, whose names I cannot remember....("...would have voted "No" if necessary...")("...signal in the cloak room...").

The Thune Amendment may have gone down (most of us really thought it would, and I don't know how it would have fared in the House and I have no illusions about how Hussein Obama would have treated it), but now we KNOW (thanks in large part to the NRA, an organization with which I have disagreed from time to time, but for which I now have a newfound respect) who (in the Senate) talks the talk-- BUT DOESN'T WALK THE WALK....

Let's remember this slime come election time.

I think the NRA will help us on it, too...

washingtonpost.com
    "...bad decisions that turn out well often make heroes."

Gary D. Mitchell, A Sniper's Journey: The Truth About the Man and the Rifle, P. 103, NAL Caliber books, 2006, 1st Ed.

I grew up in Arkansas and still have many friends and family all over the state. I for one will spread the word about Pryor Don't worry.
    CRIME..... LAW DEFINES, POLICE ENFORCE, CITIZENS PREVENT!

FOUR BOXES KEEP US FREE: [1] SOAP [2] BALLOT [3] JURY [4] AMMO!

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    After I saw the vote tally, I wondered how many democrats were "allowed" to vote yes to cover their fannies. I am pretty sure Pryor is not the only one.
    Last edited by phreddy; July 23rd, 2009 at 12:17 PM. Reason: typo

Is there a list showing who voted yeah and nay? Michelle Malkin usually posts vote results, but I have not seen it.
    "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin

Steps in the stripping of State's Rights/Sovereignty
    1. War of Northern Agression 2. Coersion to ratify the 14th Amendment 3. Ratified 17th Amendment

I am saddened that the Thune Amendment failed, but I was somewhat encouraged by the number of senators that voted yes. After all, at 58-39, that's not bad. It only missed by 2 votes, but we still had a substantial majority voting in favor.............

-
    'Be careful, even in small matters' - Miyamoto Musashi

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chevy-SS View Post
    I am saddened that the Thune Amendment failed, but I was somewhat encouraged by the number of senators that voted yes. After all, at 58-39, that's not bad. It only missed by 2 votes, but we still had a substantial majority voting in favor.............

-
    Not all of those were yes votes. Some were "I have to cover my fanny, and the bill isn't going to pass so I can vote yes votes." I wish we could count all 58 as yes votes.

In some fairness, some no votes may be indicative of the voter realizing that; A) this bill was out of place as an amendment in the bill it was attached too (yea so when has that mattered?) and b) the Federal Government really has no business in a States rights activity, has meddled far to much in this area already and why should be encourage them to do so now?

I truly believe this matter is best left to the states and the Federal government should get itself out of the firearms business. We all need to decide what we stand for here. Are we a Federation of States or not? If we are then this should not be a Federal issue. If NY and Michigan and such states as that wish to deny the basic rights of the majority of their citizens then its up to those citizens to change it.

If I was your legislator up there I would have explained to you why I felt I should be voting No on this one on your behalf. I would try explain to you why this is not in your best interest to go about it this way. And I would have voted no, could I convince you of the error of this methodology.

I think that in failing by such a close margin it still sent a strong message and scare into the states that oppose incorporation of the spirit of the 2nd amendment. They see how close it could be and how wrong their abolitionist policies are. They are barely breathing a sigh of relief and should be prompted to think about compromise.

Sponsored Links