Gillibrand Urges Colleagues to Oppose Concealed Carry Amendment

This is a discussion on Gillibrand Urges Colleagues to Oppose Concealed Carry Amendment within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Gillibrand Urges Colleagues to Oppose Concealed Carry Amendment July 21, 2009 Washington, D.C. – U.S. Senator Kirsten Gillibrand issued the following statement urging her colleagues ...

Thread: Gillibrand Urges Colleagues to Oppose Concealed Carry Amendment

July 21, 2009

Washington, D.C. – U.S. Senator Kirsten Gillibrand issued the following statement urging her colleagues to oppose the concealed carry amendment introduced by Senator John Thune of South Dakota, which would undercut a state’s ability to decide who can legally carry a concealed weapon:

“I urge my colleagues to oppose this harmful measure and side in favor of law enforcement and state’s rights. I strongly believe that the gun laws that are right for New York are not necessarily right for South Dakota, and vice versa.

“It is wrong for the federal government to overrule a state's ability to enact reasonable, constitutional gun laws designed to prevent criminals and other violent and dangerous persons from carrying guns in city streets.

“This legislation would move concealed carry permitting to a new national lowest common denominator. Incredibly, this bill would even allow individuals ineligible for a permit in their own state to shop around for lower standards in the many states that offer permits to out-of-state residents, undercutting laws that would otherwise render the applicant ineligible.

“I am hopeful that my colleagues will join me and stand up for the safety of our communities.”

[LINK]

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar
    Gillibrand once held promise as a lawmaker but now she has proven that in order to play on Chuck's team you have to get in lockstep. She is another example of all that is wrong with NY politics. At least with Schumer we knew what side of the fence he stood/stands on. Gillibrand was supposed to give the rest of NY an equalizing voice but as soon as she got her new office in Albany all those hopes went down the toilet. Her new identity as a Schumer lackey, and the fact that she abandoned her constituents and ideals will not be forgotten come election time.

BTW: Why is it ok for Chuck Schumer to carry a concealed weapon (he has a concealed weapons permit) but not the average citizen? Is his safety of greater importance than ours? He carries on about the dangers of handguns but yet he has one to protect himself. What a hypocrite! He needs to stop suckling the public teat and get out in the real world but sadly the NYC power pimps will keep him in Washington/Albany until he shreds every last bit of dignity from this once great state. Shame on you Chuck. Shame on you Kristin.

Quote Originally Posted by Siafu View Post
    Gillibrand once held promise as a lawmaker but now she has proven that in order to play on Chuck's team you have to get in lockstep. She is another example of all that is wrong with NY politics. At least with Schumer we knew what side of the fence he stood/stands on. Gillibrand was supposed to give the rest of NY an equalizing voice but as soon as she got her new office in Albany all those hopes went down the toilet. Her new identity as a Schumer lackey, and the fact that she abandoned her constituents and ideals will not be forgotten come election time.

BTW: Why is it ok for Chuck Schumer to carry a concealed weapon (he has a concealed weapons permit) but not the average citizen? Is his safety of greater importance than ours? He carries on about the dangers of handguns but yet he has one to protect himself. What a hypocrite! He needs to stop suckling the public teat and get out in the real world but sadly the NYC power pimps will keep him in Washington/Albany until he shreds every last bit of dignity from this once great state. Shame on you Chuck. Shame on you Kristin.

Chuckles can also carry in NYC unlike you and I. While he is spouting his rhetoric about the danger of average citizens carrying guns he is packing.

The voters need to know and remove him from his elitist position.

Chuck Schumer = Idiot
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    Kirsten Gillibrand=TRAITOR
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

this bill would even allow individuals ineligible for a permit in their own state to shop around for lower standards in the many states that offer permits to out-of-state residents
    The bill clearly states: A permit from your home state would be recognized in other states. I bet they do away with non resident permits, like a drivers license, your only allowed to have one. If this goes through in the first place.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

I hate Schmuck Screwmer............ he is such a hypocrite...... And I had hopes that KG was on our side....

Links