proposal to require each state to honor concealed weapon permits issued by other Stat

proposal to require each state to honor concealed weapon permits issued by other Stat

This is a discussion on proposal to require each state to honor concealed weapon permits issued by other Stat within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Our beloved Senator Nelson was one of the two votes who keep the recent proposal to require each state to honor concealed weapon permits issued ...

Thread: proposal to require each state to honor concealed weapon permits issued by other Stat

Our beloved Senator Nelson was one of the two votes who keep the recent proposal to require each state to honor concealed weapon permits issued by other States from passing.

See email below

What’s your opinion regarding allowing states to make their own decision?

Dear Mr. TNS:

Thank you for contacting me regarding the recent proposal to require each state to honor concealed weapon permits issued by other States.

I support the constitutional right to bear arms. I grew up on a ranch in the Florida countryside and have been a hunter since I was a boy.

As for the legislation on concealed weapon permits, I believe that each State should be free to decide whether to recognize another State’s permit. The Federal government shouldn’t force a State with tougher permit requirements--attendance at a gun safety course, for example--to honor permits from States with less stringent requirements. Those decisions are best left to the States.

You can be sure that I will keep your thoughts in mind whenever firearms issues are considered by the Senate. I appreciate your letter. Your communications helps me serve you better.

Sincerely,
    Senator Bill Nelson

I can't fault him for that. This bill was a mixed bag for me. I liked the idea of being able to carry in any state without multiple permits, but at the end of the day state sovereignty is more important. The federal government shouldn't be telling states what they can and can't do outside of the confines of the Constitution.

Sen. Nelson is not your friend...never has been...never will be...writing him a letter is a waste of your time. I have written to him regarding various issues and on each ocassion received a reply.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

jbs
    All he cares about is advancing his agenda and cares not for the people of our state. Even if he had voted for the ammendment, chuckie had others waiting to vote it down if needed. They voted for it to show their constits. they tried to pass it yet had shummer ran short of votes they would change theirs to support his agenda.
    I think his term is up in 2012 and he needs to be gone.

Links