Washington Post Editorial: "Arm the Senate"

This is a discussion on Washington Post Editorial: "Arm the Senate" within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I was a Fire Marshal in D.C. and often worked with the Secret Service. I never had to go through the metal detectors. Through many ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Washington Post Editorial: "Arm the Senate"

Dist. of Columbia

I was a Fire Marshal in D.C. and often worked with the Secret Service. I never had to go through the metal detectors. Through many State of the Union messges etc. I guess they had my clearances down pat. Whenever they asked me if I was "carrying" they would just assign me the approiate lapel pin. I won't tell you what that was but, I can tell you that the Secet Service are the most dedicated and professional people I've ever worked with. They have no problem with citizens being arned. (providing they know who they are) Kudos to the SS They do a great job, and get little recognition!

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by shooterX View Post
    The thought of Nancy Pelosi CCing makes me a little nervous!
    She already does.

It's common public knowledge. Heck, even the NRA has written about it in their magazines.

Biker

The guy is right, for the wrong reasons, but right nonetheless. Everyone who can be armed should have that right, everywhere, all of the time.IMO.

You guys are being ridiculous, don't you know only the criminals are allowed to carry guns in D.C.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

I wonder how many Congress-critters would actually qualify for a CHL.
    I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth.--Steve McQueen

Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    Sure, why not allow carry there? Unless someone thinks that our elected officials are not trustworthy enough....... Hmmmmm..... Maybe they shouldn't.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...... Good one for sure..

Too many members of congress would fail to qualify for a CC permit. Drunk driving, domestic violence, and criminal history aren't exactly uncommon amoug our elected representatives. And the president could not get a CC permit either: no birth certificate.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by obxned View Post
    Too many members of congress would fail to qualify for a CC permit.

But then they could just give themselves the OK (w/o the need for a CHP), like Kaine did for the State Prosecutors here in Virginia.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Only if the medics are standing by. Do you really trust them not to go back to "original intent" and engage in honor dual on the floor?
    For that to happen, one must assume any of them have any actual sense of honor. Tiny minority of them, certainly.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Only if the medics are standing by. Do you really trust them not to go back to "original intent" and engage in honor dual on the floor?
    Then CSPAN would have another reason they could not show the floor of the chamber even more of the time.

Now, the rules don't allow it except for certain votes and ceremonies because the Pols don't want the voters to see how few seats are filled.

However, the question would become fear of seeing their man cut & run for it.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links