Answer from Bill Nelson (D FL)

This is a discussion on Answer from Bill Nelson (D FL) within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Please do not reply to this e-mail. If you need to send another message to Senator Nelson, please use the form on his Web site: ...

Please do not reply to this e-mail. If you need to send another message to Senator Nelson, please use the form on his Web site: Bill Nelson, U.S. Senator from Florida: Contact Bill

Dear Mr. Brown:

Thank you for contacting me regarding the recent proposal to require each state to honor concealed weapon permits issued by other States.

I support the constitutional right to bear arms. I grew up on a ranch in the Florida countryside and have been a hunter since I was a boy.

As for the legislation on concealed weapon permits, I believe that each State should be free to decide whether to recognize another State’s permit. The Federal government shouldn’t force a State with tougher permit requirements--attendance at a gun safety course, for example--to honor permits from States with less stringent requirements. Those decisions are best left to the States.

You can be sure that I will keep your thoughts in mind whenever firearms issues are considered by the Senate. I appreciate your letter. Your communications helps me serve you better.

Sincerely,
    Senator Bill Nelson

P.S. From time to time, I compile electronic news briefs highlighting key issues and hot topics of particular importance to Floridians. If you'd like to receive these e-briefs, visit my Web site and sign up for them at Bill Nelson, U.S. Senator from Florida: eBriefs
    "Fail Your Way To Success"
    "A Goal without a Plan, is Just a Dream"
    "Age and treachery will win over Youth and Enthusiasm"

I smell bovine :****:
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by miklcolt45 View Post
    I smell bovine :****:

I gave up writing to Bill Nelson. He has consistently sold the state out. He is Obama's waterboy. Time for him to be voted out.

Sen. Nelson is a nimrod who constantly spews toro feces...but I mean that in a nice way.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    Another one of those "I will keep your thoughts in mind" pieces of crap. The same kind I get from Sen. Jeff Bingaman (D)NM.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

I hate when politicians, whenever discussing gun rights, bring up hunting. Either they support hunters or they used to hunt or whatever. The 2A is not about hunting. It is about freedom and security.

Links