Up in arms over gun: Replica rifle has Brooklyn man at odds with cops‏

This is a discussion on Up in arms over gun: Replica rifle has Brooklyn man at odds with cops‏ within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Ridiculous. And sad. :( - Janq...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Up in arms over gun: Replica rifle has Brooklyn man at odds with cops‏

Ridiculous. And sad. :(

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

2. Remove Ads

Mr. Littlejohn has 3 choices. 1) Stay home and hope that this eventually all goes away, or; 2) SUE THE HELL out of NY for harassment under color of authority and get a restraining order WITH TEETH for any violation, or; 3) move.

Quote Originally Posted by Blakestr View Post
    Anyone else feel bad for the police who probably have no choice but to pursue this based on the higher ups?
    Unless you are a mindless robot, you always have choice. You can follow your conscience or you can do what is expedient.

Quote Originally Posted by Divebum47 View Post
    I would argue that the common sense was not there in the first place.
    Long before he was mayor, I saw him on Charlie Rose's show on PBS. I thought he was amazing. They discussed many issues and what amazed me most was that I couldn't tell what his politics were, he just seemed like a thoughtful, pragmatic guy who wanted to get things done. I remember thinking, "This is the kind of guy I wish would run for office in this country."

You know that saying, "Be careful what you wish for..."

I hope I'm never that wrong about a politician again.

Anyone else feel bad for the police who probably have no choice but to pursue this based on the higher ups?
    I have a feeling a number of the officers feel the same way. After all most grew up in the city. It only makes sense that they share the same mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by torgo1968 View Post
    Long before he was mayor, I saw him on Charlie Rose's show on PBS. I thought he was amazing. They discussed many issues and what amazed me most was that I couldn't tell what his politics were, he just seemed like a thoughtful, pragmatic guy who wanted to get things done. I remember thinking, "This is the kind of guy I wish would run for office in this country."

You know that saying, "Be careful what you wish for..."

Gillibrand... or whatever her name is seemed to be promising too. That is until the NYC sheep had their way with her.
    Note: This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, or may entirely lack a coherent theme. These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the overall beauty of the post.

Yes, I am very disappoint it what we've seen from Gillibrand since she made it to the Senate. I had some hope that should be do the right thing for gun owners but the pull of power in Washington was just too strong for her.
    Martial Blade Concepts, Jiu-Jitsu & Eskrima NRA, GOA, NYSRPA, LIF, Old Bethpage Rifle & Pistol Club

He should do a pre-emptive strike by suing the City Police and Mayor for "official initimidation, threats, and harrassment... as well as acting outside their authority".

VIP Member
    This is a internet myth, right?

or

I'm having a bad dream right now?
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

I thought he was amazing. They discussed many issues and what amazed me most was that I couldn't tell what his politics were, he just seemed like a thoughtful, pragmatic guy who wanted to get things done. I remember thinking, "This is the kind of guy I wish would run for office in this country."
    Therein lies the problem. It's called "taking a stand". Even a declared moderate has a philosophy. I am frightened of those whose political philosophy is impossible to discern.

As long as you don't believe anything they say and half of what they put in writing, you have a 50-50 chance.
    "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Great case for the NRA to step up and go to bat for this guy.

New York City Law says he is in the clear. I THINK ! OMO.

New York City Administrative Code Section 10-301 - Control And Regulation Of The Disposition, Purchase And Possession Of Firearms, Rifles, Shotguns And Assault Weapons.

§ 10-301. Control and regulation of the disposition, purchase and
    possession of firearms, rifles, shotguns and assault weapons.
    Definitions. Whenever used in this chapter the following terms shall
    mean and include:
    1. "Firearm." (a) Any pistol or revolver; (b) a shotgun having one or
    more barrels less than eighteen inches in length; or (c) a rifle having
    one or more barrels less than sixteen inches in length; or (d) any
    weapon made from a shotgun or rifle whether by alteration, modification,
    or otherwise if such weapon as altered, modified, or otherwise has an
    overall length of less than twenty-six inches. For the purpose of this
    subdivision the length of the barrel on a shotgun or rifle shall be
    determined by measuring the distance between the muzzle and the face of
    the bolt, breech, or breechlock when closed and when the shotgun or
    rifle is cocked; the overall length of a weapon made from a shotgun or
    rifle is the distance between the extreme ends of the weapon measured
    along a line parallel to the center line of the bore. Firearm does not
    include an antique firearm.
    The provisions of this chapter relating to
    firearms shall not apply to assault weapons except as specifically
    provided.

New York State law considers replicas of antique firearms to be antique firearms.

Even ANTIQUE HANDGUNS fall into this category so long as they are NOT LOADED. Not loaded means not being in possession of weapon, powder and ball at the same time.

bosco

Not in the least bit. They are human beings like the rest of us, a volitional being. THEY ALWAYS HAVE A CHOICE. The question is, which choice do they make? Violate basic rights or not? Wait...you mean they could lose their job otherwise? Again...they have a choice.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

I see the NYC cops don't have anything better to do than harass some old guy over a legal gun.
    New York has money to burn on matters nobody cares about?

Let's see if the ACLU steps in? I won't hold my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by 2edgesword View Post
    Yes, I am very disappoint it what we've seen from Gillibrand since she made it to the Senate. I had some hope that should be do the right thing for gun owners but the pull of power in Washington was just too strong for her.
    it wasnt the power. it was Chucky "Cheese" Schumer
    jersey no more.. im a texan now

1943 - 2009
    I don't, not in the least.

The NYPD, as an institution, has a long history of anti-gun activism, not to mention corruption and civil rights violations. A high percentage of NY cops can't shoot and don't care if they can't hit the broad side of a barn from inside.

Years ago, I read a story about a patrolman who retired after 20 years on the job (as a patrolman.) When he turned in his leather, revolver and ammo to the property officer, it was found that his revolver was literally cemented into the holster, due to gunk, dirt, and vertigris, as well as his spare ammo in his cartridge loops. The ammo was completely inert, and the revolver was found to be unsalvageable, after the holster was cut away.

As I recall, he admitted that he never fired his revolver after the academy and was conveniently on vacation, sick leave, suspension or on the rubber gun squad when annual quals came around. He "thought" that he "might" have drawn his gun "once or twice" in 20 years.

The thing that struck me about his story is that he didn't think it was such a big deal.

And this guy "protected" the citizens of NYC for 20 years?

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

I find your post unbelievable Captain Crunch. Everyone knows that police are the only people who train enough with firearms to be able to use them responsibly.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links