This is a big one here, immediate attention needed!

This is a big one here, immediate attention needed!

This is a discussion on This is a big one here, immediate attention needed! within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Act Immediately ( Click On Link To Register Your Complaint ) Click on this URL to take action now http://capwiz.com/patriotsinaction/u...&i=95322893&c= Stop the Cass Sunstein Confirmation! ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This is a big one here, immediate attention needed!

Angry This is a big one here, immediate attention needed!

Act Immediately ( Click On Link To Register Your Complaint )

Click on this URL to take action now
    http://capwiz.com/patriotsinaction/u...&i=95322893&c=

Stop the Cass Sunstein Confirmation!
    Urge your Senators to vote NO on Sunstein!

Stop the Sunstein Confirmation!!!

President Barack Obama has nominated Cass Sunstein, a radical anti-hunting, anti-gun, animal rights law professor to be his “regulatory czar.”

If confirmed by the U.S. Senate, Sunstein will have unchecked power to severely limit or end hunting freedom and gun ownership in America.

You read that right.

According to Michael A. Livermore, executive director of the Institute for Policy Integrity at New York University School of Law: “[Regulatory Czar] is the most important position that Americans know nothing about. All major regulations…will pass Sunstein's desk.”

Sunstein will have the power to write regulations dealing with the length of hunting seasons, Federal land use, deciding which species are “endangered,” draconian noise and environmental standards at shooting ranges, taxes on guns and ammunition, gun shop and gun show regulations, federal record keeping on gun purchases… And on thousands of regulations dealing with meat processing, life-saving medical research that involves animal testing, animal “rights,” and much more.

We MUST stop Sunstein’s confirmation!

Send a petition to your U.S. Senators TODAY.
    Glock 19 in a Crossbreed supertuck EDC

Ruger LCP W/ CT "the go anywhere gun" EDC

"ALWAYS carry!NEVERtell!" Thumper

VIP Member
    Correct me if I am wrong but I think the czar's appointed by the Whitehouse resident do not require senate confirmation.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Exclamation I urge you all to take a few minutes

I have already sent the alabama senators and my district rep. An email asking for a no vote on his confirmation. Please get busy and do the same with your senate and reps. From your state.he is to dangerous to be confirmed .

Senior Member Array 2ndsupporter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong but I think the czar's appointed by the Whitehouse resident do not require senate confirmation.
    Is a Czar even a American thing anyway? Sounds like something Russia would do!
    [One Nation Under God]

Thankfully there has been an "hold" put on his appointment to become the "Regularity Czar." That part that has me most concerned (aside from the gun issues) is that this individual wants to give "rights" to livestock, wildlife and pets! Technically a lawyer who represents livestock, wildlife or pets could file a lawsuit on their behalf! Can you imagine being sued by an ANIMAL!!!
    "Gun control is being able to hit your target."
    Glock 26

Where is the NRA stand on this?
    I've heard nothing...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I would hope that the NRA would jump in here with both feet! If this person views were so opposed to the NRA that they would already be aware of this person's views on firearms.

Truth be said, the Congress has very little say if Pres. Obama wants to "appoint" this man as the new "Regularity Czar." Pres. Obama is final authority on if this man is appointed or not. If this were a cabinet post, the Senate would have to confirm or not confirm him. That's why Pres. Obama "appointed" all his czars. There is NO ACCOUNTABILITY whatsoever to Congress!
    Glock 26

There are no Czars in the Condtitution, hence no confirmation procedure. Life would be so much less complicated if we just had a legitamate goverment attending to it's legally mandated functions.
    Last edited by obxned; July 31st, 2009 at 06:19 PM.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Within an hour of posting messages here I've already called both my senators in the capital. I'm also going to be sending longer emails later today as well. Nowadays most of our senators have toll free number in Washington, D.C. You really have no reason for not calling your elected officials to complain once in a while.

Now I'm getting more emails AND telephone calls from my various elected officials more than I have in the last 10 years or so! It's amazing how our elected officials respond to your telephone calls & emails! It's kind of fun in an odd kind of way!
    Glock 26

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    The Constitution says this:
    [The President] shall nominate, and by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, shall appoint [...] all other Officers of the United States, whose Appointments are not herein otherwise provided for, and which shall be established by Law [...]
    So, the President may appoint Officers of the United States not specifically mentioned in the Constitution. The requirements seem to be that these positions be established by law (i.e., legislated into existence by Congress) and appointed only with Advice and Consent of the Senate.

This would seem to imply that any Presidential appointment not specified by the Constitution needs supporting legislation, and since Senate confirmation seems to be the accepted interpretation of 'Advice and Consent,' well, there you go...

Except the next line is this:
    [...] but the Congress may by Law vest the Appointment of such inferior Officers, as they think proper, in the President alone [...]
    So, it seems we need to know if there is a law, passed by Congress, that allows the President such wide discretion in appointing such 'czars'. I honestly don't know whether such a law is on the books.
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

Hahaha, you act like Obama read the constitution at any point in time. :)

(Near the Second Amendment But Unfortunately Not Affected By It)
    Not to grab the thread, but if you're alarmed at Hussein's czars, this should alarm you just as much.

Family Security Matters Publications Exclusive: Obama’s New Food Act to Seal Sorry State of America’s Farms
    NRA 2AF IDPA
    Tactical Pistol Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by BDKnow View Post
    unfortunately its not that funny...

We have more czars in the last 7 months than all of Russian history.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by BDKnow View Post
    Sheesh...the guy was a Constitutional Law Professor, of course he's read the Constitution.

Er, well, he claims he was one, and The One Who Will Save Us All always tells the truth, right?

At any rate, Obama knows what's in the Constitution. He simply disagrees with most of it and managed to convince a plurality he really didn't. Sucks to be us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links