not only in the UK

not only in the UK

This is a discussion on not only in the UK within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I think we all have made comments about the UK banning knives ect.. well look at what is happening here in the good ol usa ...

Thread: not only in the UK

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar

not only in the UK

I think we all have made comments about the UK banning knives ect.. well look at what is happening here in the good ol usa http://www.boston.com/news/local/mas...orical_events/

That is pathetic. Those folks don't have enough to do.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

VIP Member
    I was going to say unbelievable...but unfortunately in this day and age it is entirely believable.

One again, they've banned everything BUT criminals.

mm
    Political Correctness has now "evolved" into Political Cowardice.

It says they also have a ban in Salem and Saugus. As I recall, when I was in Salem they didn't really enforce this except on Halloween - In fact the Army Barracks sells knives and swords and daggers right in down town Salem (Corner of Washington St. and Essex St.) and nobody ever stops people.

We did have a kid busted for carrying a knife once on Halloween after he threatened some of my staff at an event. (It was actually hilarious when the Boston Mounted Cop cornered the kid with a horse) I think they eventually used the posession of a knife thing to get the kid.

The problem with laws like this is they can decide at anytime to enforce them against everyone.
    Live Free or Die

Lead Moderator
    Well this is the State that put trigger locks on the 1700's Brown Bess muskets they had displayed in the State House, or some other public venue.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

RH got it right, "Never underestimate the power of human stupidity."

Only now, I'm starting to think that he, along with Mr. Murphy, was actually something of an optimist.

mm
    Political Correctness has now "evolved" into Political Cowardice.

Quote Originally Posted by madmike
    RH got it right, "Never underestimate the power of human stupidity."

Only now, I'm starting to think that he, along with Mr. Murphy, was actually something of an optimist.

mm
    You mean, never underestime the power of stupid people in large numbers!!

Assistant Administrator
    There must be links and so influences, thru associations with UK and Aus Gov's - as the ''ban for no good reason disease'' is obviously alive and well. Flourishing in fact.

Free thinking sensible people would not do this! Would they?! Guess they did
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

machetes, sabers, swords, knives, ice picks and other similar weapons with 2.5-inch or longer blades capable of penetrating a police officer's vest are banned in Lawrence.
    Geez, I would be instant poor there. I have about 5 machetes (I get tired of shapening them when I do blackberry control in the summer around the house), 2 real civil war sabers, 1 sword (don't know if it's real or not but it came sharpened and it is sharp), about 10 knives way over 2.5 inches including two autos of which one I carry almost 24/7, 2 ice picks (I buy blocks of ice, cheaper and my ice machine doesn't work on the fridge so I chop it up and put into it), and a Klingon knife to boot (as well as a couple of boot knives).

What morons. Hell, both of my sabers are worth more then they will make in their lifetime, maybe I should put my name on the ballot to be "king". Geez.

Wayne

(Oh, on the sabers which my dad has at the moment, one is reported to be from a great, great, great (forget how many greats) relative on my fathers side (Southern) and the second is the same but from a relative a couple of times removed (never understoon that removed stuff) also on my fathers side but Northern. Been in the family for countless years.

Geez what will the boy scouts do! Bummer!
    If its not loaded it just a paper weight!

VIP Member
    ...and one my ex's questioned me as to why I didn't want to move Cambridge to be next to her....
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Not that the Second Amendment means anything to the hand wringing weapon banners. However, in colonial times "arms" usually meant weapons that could be carried. This included knives, swords, rifles and pistols. So "to keep and bear arms" would have inluded these weapons.
    "To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them."
    George Mason

"Gun control is a job-safety program for criminals."
    John R. Lott

Sponsored Links