Has Anyone Heard

Has Anyone Heard

This is a discussion on Has Anyone Heard within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; As I was watching the news today on Fox I caught a glimpse of the scroll at the bottom of the screen. I didn't get ...

Has Anyone Heard

As I was watching the news today on Fox I caught a glimpse of the scroll at the bottom of the screen. I didn't get the beginning of the scroll but I did see something about losing a gun permit if someone is convicted of a misdemeanor of worse. I am wondering if anyone else saw this story or has heard of it. Sounds to me like another backdoor move toward gun control.

Assistant Administrator
    Total news to me but sure as heck would want to know more!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    i suspect its Delay want his permit back ( was suspended because he is under inditment ) http://today.reuters.com/news/newsAr...archived=False

A speeding ticket here that you admit to and pay is reason enough for them to not issue a ccw if they like

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bud White
    A speeding ticket here that you admit to and pay is reason enough for them to not issue a ccw if they like
    Wow, that'd sure slow me down!

Quote Originally Posted by joromu
    As I was watching the news today on Fox I caught a glimpse of the scroll at the bottom of the screen. I didn't get the beginning of the scroll but I did see something about losing a gun permit if someone is convicted of a misdemeanor of worse. I am wondering if anyone else saw this story or has heard of it. Sounds to me like another backdoor move toward gun control.
    Did you catch if the report was referring to a particular state? I'd guess that each state that issues the CCW may have somewhat different criteria for what would cause a revocation.

Most likely any violence related misdemeanor would cause a revocation in most every state, but what about a petty theft? Not sure about that but its worth checking into.
    "To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them."
    George Mason

"Gun control is a job-safety program for criminals."
    John R. Lott

And everyone calls us "paranoid"... lets think about this.

Those that weren't allowed to have guns, on the old atf forms, were only those that were considered a felon or those that got a sentence of more then one year.

Then they "improved" the law that covered only one misdeameanor, that of domestic violence. Everyone is for this law right, especially since most DV is done against women.

DV is then expanded to include fights amongst family members, cousin on cousin, uncle on nephew, etc.. etc.. ad nasum(sp).

Then it's expanded to include non family members.. roommates, "live in" partners, bums off the street that stay in your home and then it's deemed to be "permanant residence" because they were there for three days or more.

What the heck did everyone think would happen? That it wouldn't be extended to all misdemeanors? Parking tickets, speeding tickets, your grass is too high tickets...

I wouldn't even doubt that credit reports will be used soon. They are now able to be used in anything and everything up to including whether you can rent a place to live up to and including employment.

We can't say we weren't warned of the "slippery slope" so don't be so amazed at reports such as this one.

Wayne

*sick and tired of watching more and more freedoms being taken away and more and more people just sitting by and watching them being taken.

Assistant Administrator
    Wayne - if we think on it, it is easy to see how ''legislation by stealth'' can so easily make criminals of us all. Once more I quote a famous piece from Ayn Rand, ''Atlas Shrugged" - it's poignant IMO!!
    "Did you really think we want those laws observed?" said Dr. Ferris. "We want them to be broken. You'd better get it straight that it's not a bunch of boy scouts you're up against... We're after power and we mean it... There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants a nation of law-abiding citizens? What's there in that for anyone? But just pass the kind of laws that can neither be observed nor enforced or objectively interpreted – and you create a nation of law-breakers – and then you cash in on guilt. Now that's the system, Mr. Reardon, that's the game, and once you understand it, you'll be much easier to deal with."
    -- 'Atlas Shrugged' 1957
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry
    Once more I quote a famous piece from Ayn Rand, ''Atlas Shrugged" - it's poignant IMO!!
    Thanks for the reminder Chris...it's time for me to read Atlas Shrugged again...for the fourth time...
    "I surrounded 'em"- Alvin York

"They're ain't many troubles that a man can't fix with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six"- Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne
    ...What the heck did everyone think would happen? That it wouldn't be extended to all misdemeanors? Parking tickets, speeding tickets, your grass is too high tickets...

I wouldn't even doubt that credit reports will be used soon. They are now able to be used in anything and everything up to including whether you can rent a place to live up to and including employment.

We can't say we weren't warned of the "slippery slope" so don't be so amazed at reports such as this one.

Wayne

*sick and tired of watching more and more freedoms being taken away and more and more people just sitting by and watching them being taken.
    Wayne, this is one way of keeping the sheep disarmed, yet "allow" select folks to be armed. I suspect there isn't one of us who doesn't break some law each day. Why? because there are so many of them, and often they conflict with each other, that's impossible not to.
    Ms. Rand picked up on it in 1957, and it's even more true today.
    I don't blame the LEOs, after all they just enforce them, it's the politicians that are the cause.
    Good plan.
    Dave

“The highest obligation and privilege of citizenship is that of bearing arms”. General George Patton—US Army

Vis et Veneratio

"So this is how democracy dies: to thunderous applause." Actress Natalie Portman as Padme in Star Wars Revenge of the Sith

I really need to read that book. Anyone have a spare copy they can send me?

Wayne

In FL misdemeanors involving violence are grounds for permit denial/revocation.

Atlas Shrugged? I'll bet you can get a used copy on amazon.com for a dollar plus shipping.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Or just go to the library
    Dave

“The highest obligation and privilege of citizenship is that of bearing arms”. General George Patton—US Army

Vis et Veneratio

"So this is how democracy dies: to thunderous applause." Actress Natalie Portman as Padme in Star Wars Revenge of the Sith

Links